“Central hotel with great amenities”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #33 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Central hotel with great amenities”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Have stayed in Birmingham a few times but first time here. Found the reception staff very helpful and friendly.

The room was clean and comfortable. We had free mini bar on our stay which was quite a disappointment, just a couple of chocolate bars and 2 cans of fizzy pop, I am over 18!

We didn't get to use the spa etc as we had tickets for a show on the evening but we had a meal at Marco Pierre Whites which is within the Cube and had great views.

All in all, for the price I would use again as its an easy walk to everything.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear ClaireDaws
Thank you for the feedback reagrding your visit.
I am pleased you found the Hotel perfect for location and it is great for all the amenities Birmingham has to offer.
I am pleased also that you found the room clean and comfortable and the employees helpful and friendly.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Lichfield
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed as part of a birthday treat. Nice hotel spoiled by very noisy clientele in neighbouring rooms making sleep impossible for entire night. Hotel was completely hopeless at sorting problem out. Would avoid this place in future.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ally03
Dear Ally03
Thank you for the feedback regardinng your recent visit to our Hotel.
I am sincerely sorry that your stay was disrupted by another guest however the team did try to address this but to no avail until it was too late. We do expect all out guests to behave in a manner suited to any Hotel and they were spoekn with on departure.
I am sorry that this spoilt your stay and maybe in the future we will ahve the opportunity to welcome you back.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I visited the 23rd floor bar with several friends on the afternoon of Sat May 4th. The view of the city is superb and the atmosphere seemed pleasant enough.

Towards the end of the afternoon one of our friends, a lone female, had to leave to catch the train home to London. I and another of my friends offered to walk her to the station.

On returning to the hotel the door staff refused to allow us back in as they said that the bar was full. I explained that we had escorted our friend to the station for her own safety in a strange city and that our empty seats were waiting upstairs along with our friends, but they continued to refuse us entry. When I tried to reason with the doorman that this refusal was very unfair he informed me that that what I needed to understand was that he just didn’t care. I asked for the name of the doorman and to see his badge but he told me that he wouldn’t let me have either.

In the end I had to phone my friends and they all had to finish their drinks and leave. Fortunately we were able to continue our evening at a bar without such an unpleasant attitude.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RobatKingsbury
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear RobatKingsbury
Thank you for the feedback you have left on Tripadvisor.
I am sincerely sorry that your were not allowed back into the premses due to us already being full to capacity.
However I will discuss your comments with my Security team and express the importance of being the face at the front of my property and how we handle these situations.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
london Uk
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Lovely hotel , great area near canal and the mailbox
Quiet , fabulous check in staff !!!!! Soopa lovely
Great bed ! Duvet and soopa soopa clean, and I'm very fussy about the mattress cover in hotels ! This cover was very good and thick and covered the entire mattress ! Very very important ! Never stay in a hotel without one !!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't forget to use the spa ! I was gutted I didn't bring my spa stuff
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Lorraineuk62
Thank you for the positive review.
I am really pleased that your overall experience was fabulous and especially the check-in staff, I will pass your comments on to them personally.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sheffield UK
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend with friends. Upon arrival reception staff were very friendly and informative. We had booked executive rooms, but they were a lot smaller than expected and whilst the bed was comfy, it wasn't a King. The room and shower room (no bath) were very clean, the shower was brilliant. The parking experience is a real novelty and worth the £18 for overnight parking as you know that it's secure and not going to get someone opening their door onto it. Location is perfect right next to the bars, restaurants and shopping at the Mailbox. One negative, we ordered an ice bucket and 4 champagne glasses, but they never arrived, we ended up drinking champagne out of the water glasses, not quite the same! the Champagne Bar on the 25th Floor is over priced and full of pretentious people, great view, but you are better off going to the bars in the Mailbox. Breakfast was average, nothing to shout about. If we were to stay here again, it would purely be for the parking and location.

Room Tip: we were on the 23rd floor and didn't experience any noise problems even though the hotel was ful...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank btheset
Dear Btheset
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I am pleased that you found the employees to be both friendly and informative and that the overall stay was positive.
It is disappointing however that the Champagne Glasses were not delivered to you on request and that you thought the rooms were smaller than expected.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Lovely Hotel, great Bar and Restaurant great location, fantastic views. Our issue was we ended up in a room next to a cleaning/storage room and woke by possibly the worlds loudest cleaners with the moving furniture and what sounded like a bottle bank. Shame it really distracted from what would have been a fantastic stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Unfitguy
Thannyou for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Hotel Indigo.
I am sincerely sorry that your stay was marred by the Housekeeping team and the noise they made in the morning.
I would like to assure you that this has been addressed with them and the Manager who will be more aware for next time.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and once again my sincere apologies.
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with courteous staff. The beds are comfortable but don't expect too much from the free mini bar. A couple of bottles of water, few soft drinks and two snacks is all you get.

The parking at £18 is a bit pricey but worth it to see your car descend in its own into the depths of the building.
Overall a nice hotel I would use again.

• Stayed April 2013
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Andyr72
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I am pleased that you found the overall experience nice and the staff were all very courteous.
The parking is always a talking points due to the nature of it and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.