“Posh new city hotel, but not cheap”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #31 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“Posh new city hotel, but not cheap”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is a lovely new hotel, but I would only recommend going there if you are sharing or if you have a lot of money. Whilst it is good, it's probably not worth the price.
The room was nice but not massive, the minibar was complimentary but not really full with anything.
The Marco Pierre White on the top floor offers fantastic views of Birmingham, but the service is not as good as one would expect. Food really nice though.
Didn't have time to check out the spa, but that could be an additional inducement to spend the money required.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Cityowl007
Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Indigo on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased you had a 4relatively positive experience but disappointed that you felt the visit was not value for money.
I certainly do appreciate your constructive feedback and will use this moving forward to strive to get us better.
Thank you again for taking the time to write
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
wolverhampton uk
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I booked the Indigo for my partners birthday in March but unfortunately we had a mountain of snow that weekend and we were unable to get there.I telephoned to cancel and the reservation was transferred to this weekend, no hassle and no cost incurred.Sadly we couldnt book into MPW as it was full but will use that as an excuse to return.
The whole experience has been superb, from car parking (scary guys as your pride and joy magically disappears), through to check in, (delightful reception staff) and our breathtaking room with panoramic view. The hotel is immaculate, decor contemporary and of an exceptional standard with free mini bar and Aveda toiletries. I cannot fault the Indigo...we loved it. Thank you to all of the staff who made us so welcome, we will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Alison I
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us here at Hotel Indigo.
I will certainly pass on your comments to all of the team and it is refreshing to here that your change of dates was done without any hassle and professionally.
I am sorry however that we could not get you into the restaurant but hopefully next time you visit.
Kind regards
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Booked a spa break here for a girly spa break. A treatment, use of spa facilities, night in the hotel and breakfast was £100 each and well worth the money. The only negative was that the hotel only has double beds. But we were aware of this and didnt mind. The location is brilliant right next the the facilities of the mailbox. Shops and restaurants galore. The actual hotel is stunning really modern and clean. The views were amazing too (the hotel is on the 24th floor). The spa is small but has a beautiful pool and the service is 5*. It would have been nice to have been told abit about each of the saunas etc as there are 3 different ones! Our back massages were lovely and the heated bed was soo relaxing. The reception were helpful and looked after bags and booked taxis etc. The best bit for us was breakfast. Served on the top floor with panoramic views of the city it was a full cooked of a high standard. (Its £13 ish if you book it separately so we felt abit smug having it included with spa and hotel for the price we payed!) We will return for such a bargain.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Pipskinz
Thank you for such a positive review regarding your recent visit to the Hotel and clubandspa.
We are pleased you had a brilliant stay and that you found the whole experience good value.
The views and breakfast from the restaurant are wonderful and again I am pleased you had the opportunity to see this as it was included in the price.
I will pass on your comments to all of the team and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards
telford
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is a well situated between the Mailbox and Brindley place. We did lots of shopping and then a great champagne pedicure in the spa - thank you ladies! Comfortable rooms and a stunning view from the restaurant!

Room Tip: Choose a larger room we had blue and it was quite small
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear TelfordHelen
Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased you had a nice and relaxing stay and were able to sample both the clubandspa as well as the 25th floor bar and restaurant.
we hope to welcome you back soon.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Hotel is adjacent to the bars and restaurants behind The Mailbox, rooms are clean and comfortable. Bar on 27th floor is well worth stopping in, Mojitos are superb. For the right price, a good option in Birmingham.

• Stayed May 2013
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear thecordens
Thank you for the positive review on your recent visit to our Hotel.
It is great to hear you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed the Bar and Mojitos.
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here for one night with my husband as part of my birthday weekend.
The hotel staff were lovely and very helpful. Parking at the hotel was great and cars are very safe.

Our room was very nice with floor to ceiling windows over looking the canal, the bathroom was stunning with a great choice of Aveda products to use.

I had a lovely bunch of flowers in my room that were organised by my husband, which was a lovely surprise with a kind card on there from the hotel staff wishing me a happy birthday a lovely touch.

We did not have an evening meal here but breakfast in the restaurant was lovely and again the staff were great.

We would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KJLSClancy
Thank you for such a positive review regarding your visit to our Hotel.
I am so pleased you had a wonderful time and that you found all the staff to be lovely and great.
we do also try to acknowledge our guests special ocassions and I am glad you received the card.
Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
Leicestershire
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would fully recommend our stay at the hotel Indigo in Birmingham. Myself and my two bridesmaids booked in for a long weekend to celebrate in style for my hen do. There was an issue upon arrival as I had booked a surprise for my two bridesmaids as a thank you which due to a miscommunication did not happen. However, I cannot say enough about how wonderful the management team were in putting this right. Furthermore, they were very keen to ensure that we were happy and comfortable, so thank you to the staff at Hotel Indigo!
Overall the hotels rooms were amazing, lovely bathrooms. Very clean and nice choice of complimentary refreshments and toiletries. The showers were amazing too and generally very spacious rooms. The rooms were very hot at night and that was with the air con on very low but nonetheless it was bearable. I really liked the funky and vibrant colour scheme and décor, its nice to not be somewhere modern! The spa was lovely and we really enjoyed spending time there. The only thing that was missing was a Jacuzzi but to be honest it was still lovely.
The Marco Pierre restaurant/bar was brilliant with lovely views and we enjoyed many champagne cocktails at reasonable prices. The hotel Indigo is a brilliant location and within the Mailbox vicinity it is lovely at night and in the daytime. The only negative thing was we had to come home!!!!

Miss 'to be' a bride Hyde...

Room Tip: Ask for a good view!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kezza34_13
Dear Kezza34_13
Thank you for such a positive review of our Hotel and I am pleased you had a wonderful 'Hen' weekend.
It is great to hear you had the opportunity to use many of our facilities and that we met your expectation.
I am sorry to hear that there was miscommunication with some of your reservation but pleased the management were reactive to your needs.
Best wishes for your forthcoming wedding and we hope to see you again as soon as 'Mrs'