“Fantastic service,rooms,spa,location and great food.”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #32 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
BIRMINGHAM ,UK
“Fantastic service,rooms,spa,location and great food.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had recently got married and had visited previously and hired the private dining for our stag and stag meal, after this visit we decided on a revisit . We had booked into a balcony suite on th 24th floor, this room was very clean with well filled fridge which is all complimentary . Once we had settled into the hotel and explored the gym and spa which are a excellent facility, we the went for a meal in the Marco restaurant.
We seated at the window with a fantastic view, our waitress was Kirstin who was very polite and efficient and always kept our glasses filled with champagne until the bottle was empty. The food was outstanding and varied and good selection with being too much to chose from.
Alix who was front of house ambassador also looked after us and was both polite and courteous and always greeted you with a smile , he delivered champagne to our room and offered to open for us.
I would recommended this hotel for the food , location, great accommodation and facilities.
What I would say is that bear in mind that on the 25th floor it is a restaurant and bar which are open late , and if you are staying here and do your research before hand then the noise from this area should not be a problem as you would already be aware .
Book it and enjoy the night with a meal, then drinks in the main bar or champagne bar then enjoy all the comforts of your room.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on 24th floor 2404 and we went to bed at midnight and we can not complain about...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank STOURBOY
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear guest,

I am very happy to read that we have made your stay most enjoyable. Our team, Kirsten and I wish you all the best in your new lives together. We are very happy to host special occasions so we can really go the extra mile. Thank you for entrusting us with your happiness, it will always be our pleasure to deliver every time you stay!

Please come back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Indigo for my husbands birthday on Monday 11th November. We had a beautiful room which was clean and very comfortable! The room itself was lovely, spacious and had a great view across Birmingham. The decor of the room was modern and fresh and had more personality than some other hotels very generic interiors. The staff were great, giving us a courtesy call to check the room was to our liking and generally being very helpful. We were also pleased to see complimentary drinks and snacks, and free wifi... It's refreshing not to be charged extra for the extras! In the evening we visited the champagne bar which was amazing, and the next day we had breakfast and lunch in Marco Pierre whites restaurant. Stunning views and wonderful service made our stay absolutely fantastic. We would highly recommend the hotel and will definitely be returning! We couldn't fault a single thing.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for stopping by and for the wonderful review, we really love it when you tell the world about your experience at Hotel Indigo Birmingham. We strive to make every special occasion memorable and most enjoyable. I am happy you took full advantage of the free goodies we left for you in your room; it was our pleasure to go the extra mile for you.

Please come back soon.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Many thanks to alex and his staff for a wonderful stay which we cannot fault. Staff extremely efficient and friendly. Breakfast amazing. Rooms amazing. Only regret is we didn't have time to use the spa which looked fantastic. We look forward to staying again in December.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words, we are truly flattered. Our aim is to make all of guests feel special and have a memorable experience. I strongly recommend you attend the Club and Spa when you next visit. Besides our king size beds, the pool is something worth jumping into as well!

We are all looking forward to your next visit!
Birmingham
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Hotel rooms was very nice and modern. Views that can see for miles staff was nice very friendly. Got confused finding the car park thought but apart from that really nice place and even breakfast at Marco Pierre whites.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for stopping by and for your review, we really appreciate you telling the world your story! I hope the Cube’s Car Park was not hard to manage and we do recommend to all of our guests to check out the Youtube car parking video!

Please come back again soon.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here during weekend shopping trip to Birmingham, Hotel itself is ok and we didn't really have a problem with it. However the stay was spoilt by the loud music coming from the disco on the top floor which is Marco Pierre Whites bar & Grill. We were tired and and went to bed around 11:30 and the music was going on then and we were woken again around 1am and didn't stop till after 2am which doesn't do well for a decent nights sleep.
The hotel reception were very apologetic, and I wasn't the only one complaining, we were told that this was the first time it had happened.
So moral of the story ....... either go to the disco or make sure you have some form of ear protection because you won't get a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Indigo whilst visiting Birmingham, I am sorry to read about the issues you have experienced with the music coming from the above Restaurant. I am disappointed I couldn’t do more for you and for the night’s sleep you have missed. I would really like to continue this conversation further so please get in touch with us if you can spare a few moments.

I honestly hope you have not lost hope in our hotel and I hope we will get a chance to get it right for you in the future.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

On the plus side Great location and views, spacious. Also great breakfast.

On the negative side:
Way too expensive for what in effect is a Premier Inn or Holiday Inn Express. This place is definately not a 4* hotel.

A selection of cold staff who seem to regard themselves far too highly for their positions (with the exception of one waiter at Breakfast, and a couple of ladies on reception). .

Odd layout and you never feel like you're in a hotel.

NOISE NOISE NOISE! I should point out that we booked to stay on a Saturday evening, and granted sometimes staying in a city you will have noisy neighbours in a hotel. However, there appears to be no soundproofing, and we stayed on the 24th floor, right below what can only be described as a nightclub! Never in my life have I stayed in a hotel and not been able to sleep because of noise, but here we threatened to check out mid way through the night.

When we questioned the noise, reception told me at 1:30am that it would be due to noisy guests in a room above, and then when questioned again gave exactly the same excuse. It wasnt until I had to go and complain in person at 2:30am that I noticed what is billed as a 'Champagne Bar' was above us. On further inspection, there is basically a nightclub up there, and this was backed up by bouncers in reception and the lifts.

I could not believe that the staff had lied to us, knowing about the club all along, and also knowing that there were no rooms above us.

On another note, the rather pompus and self important manager, who I believe is named Alix, assured me the following morning that this had NEVER been a problem in the time that the hotel had been open, but I see that other guests HAVE HAD the same issues as us! Another lie!!!

After much heated discussion, Alix did agree to refund the two rooms (I must admit that this was only after I had been in agitated discussion with him for a while, and at this point the reception was filling up with other guests checking out). It is worth noting that the guests checking out before us complained about the noise also, but they didn't get a refund.

After staying in hotels for work most weekends, and being a keen traveller, this is the first time that I have felt the need to write a TripAdvisor review. I am normally easily pleased when it comes to travel... So long as you can have a good nights sleep and the staff smile and treat you with respect, that is all that we ask...

Unfortunately the Indigo seem to have got the fundamentals wrong...And a view over Birmingham City Centre cannot fix this...Never Again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Trin720,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your review of your recent experience at our property. This feedback is very helpful to us as we establish our best path to providing successful guest satisfaction.

While we are pleased you found our location, the views and the breakfast served commendable, we would like to apologize for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. We can assure you that your experience is not indicative of the quality we are known to provide.

As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. The points you've raised have been documented and shared with our Management team for review. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Visited in Nov 2013 when the hotel was new, so new in fact that everywhere was pristine, the staff were bright-eyed and bushy tailed and the service was excellent. The bedroom was quiet and luxurious, as was the bathroom and shower. With a secure "Cartridge" car park below, a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill above and quick access out to shops and other restaurants via the pedestrianised inland canals, this hotel really is well situated and I'm sure I'll stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for staying over at our hotel, I am very happy to read you had a great experience. Our aim is to make every stay unique and provide an excellent customer service. I’m glad you have experienced our neighbourhood and managed to enjoy all that Birmingham has to offer in its city centre.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again soon.