“Great venue”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

A great city centre location right next to the mailbox in Birmingham.
Very modern and contemporary style on floors 23, 24 & 25 of the Cube.
Room had full floor to ceiling windows with views of Birmingham City Centre.
Room was quite large and well equipped with a large bathroom.
The decor was quite bright! !
Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Marco Pierre White restaurant on 25th floor was busy and seemed to offer a good menu - although I have to admit I didn't eat here. The Mailbox offers a grest selection of restaurants for every occasion and taste.
Car parking is an adventure! A fully automated system which somehow takes your car and psrks automatically! Tske a look at the video on YouTube.
All in all I can recommend and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are most delighted you had a great stay. I am very happy you have decided to explore our neighbourhood; it is filled with everything you could possibly need! Unfortunately our car parking facility is no longer available but guests are advised to park in the Mailbox, which is the nearest car park to our hotel.

Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night in January. Checkin had just been changed to 3pm and we weren't aware. On a stormy day our room wasn't ready til after 3.15. You can't even use the spa until after you checkin?! we waited in a cold draughty corridor. Great start! On the upside our balcony room was massive but the white furniture was looking chipped and tired. Could also do with shower caps when it has a rainfall shower. Biggest disappointment is that I left my swimsuit on the towel heater, the hotel found it and let me know which was great and promised to post it to me. More than 2 months later and after many promises they still haven't returned it!! Wouldn't go back and sure there are better hotels in Birmingham for the money.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clarkeybullock
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear clarkeybullock,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Birmingham. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here, as a birthday gift for myself whilst seeing Michael Buble at the NIC...which was amazing! the hotel was a really short walk away from the NIC so suited the evening perfectly, we had an amazing view over Birmingham and the room was really clean and modern. The bed was really comfy and breakfast was very nice, though i would advise going on a bed and breakfast rate since a full English was nearly £20 which seems ridiculous! Though we didn't get a chance to use any of them, there are lots of restaurants to choose from by the hotel if you do not want to use the hotels restaurant. I would recommend this hotel, and if we are ever in Birmingham again, we would definitely go back, though it will be a lot easier now we know where it is! (we got very lost after parking in the postbox car park and the lady on reception at the hotel was pretty unhelpful!) Other than that a very nice stay and suited our trip needs very well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for getting in touch, I am happy to ready you had a great stay and enjoyed our facilities. Breakfast is served for £18.95 (includes Continental + full English Breakfast) but you have the opportunity at check in to buy breakfast vouchers which normally reduce the rate considerably, if you are not on a bed and breakfast rate. I truly hope you will take advantage of this offer next time you stay! Please feel free to get in touch with me for directions or anything else, I am at your disposal.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We checked in on Sunday 6th April and from the moment we entered the building everything started well. Check in was great and we got all the information we needed and offered extra local information as well which was nice. We entered the bedroom and it was a feature room with a balcony over looking the city and it was amazing with everything you needed and more. Evening meal and breakfast were great in the restaurant and could not fault it in anyway. An amazing stay and would recommend this to anyone and we look forward to retuning in the future. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for getting in touch, I am delighted you had such an amazing stay! We hope to see you again and I hope I will get to hear all about the special memories you have made at our hotel.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I Came in march with my wife and 4 other people and had a great time. Location great, service excellent and Marcos grill restaurant was one of the best meals and experiences ever had. Well worth a visit with views looking over the city of Birmingham.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had a great time and enjoyed “excellent service”. We aim to deliver a fresh and creative service through our innovative way of thinking.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

To be honest I can't really fault it - for a chain hotel I thought this hotel had a bit more character than the normal chains, was modern, clean and great value for money - the rooms were contemporary with a very comfortable bed and very clean. The staff were helpful and friendly and the group were great help when I called re: restaurant reservations etc. The location of the hotel is perfect right near all the great bars and places to eat. The bar and Marco Pierre White restaurant in the hotel is well worth a visit. We had a great stay and I would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Emily,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had a great stay. I hope you have taken advantage of the complimentary access to the Spa’s facilities and enjoyed a good swim! Please let us know if you made any memories, they are very important to us.

I hope you will be returning soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for one night....wouldn't have wanted to stay another night because of the very uncomfortable bed and the noise.

On arrival the receptionist, I think her name was Ela, was lovely and very welcoming. We were allocated a room on the 24th floor, the room was clean and we had floor to ceiling windows which gave us a great view.

We dined at MPW resturant on 25th floor and that was excellent, the food, the view and the staff were all great. Breakfast the next day was also very good and our waiter couldn't be more helpful.

The biggest problem we had was the noise during the early hours. The lift can only be accessed by your room key which is great for security... however anybody can access the stairs from MPW to all parts of the hotel???? Therefore we had lots of people making lots of noise up and down the corridors. Our room was next to the janitor cupboard and somebody was contstantly in and out of there banging the door and fumbling around. To be honest by 3am I wanted to come home but becasue we had both had a drink we had to stay put! I must mention that we did complain about this the next morning and had our bill reduced by 50%, so thank you for that.

Overall I think the hotel could really do with a tidy up, all the paintwork is looking a bit shabby and tired.

I probably wouldn't stay here again. We have stayed in a few hotels in Birmingham and this is pretty average.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important for us. I am disappointed you did not have a great experience and we would really like the opportunity to change your mind. We strive to offer an exquisite service on top of our facilities as your comfort is a priority for us.

Please come back again soon.