“Noisy, noisy, noisy”

Ranked #30 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Noisy, noisy, noisy”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night and requested a quiet room (as previous people on trip advisor had mentioned the music bar above). Got a room on the lower of the two hotel floors. Nice bright modern room, not a great view though. Had an afternoon drink in bar above which has fantastic views of the city. It was quite busy with a mix of people, drinks are quite pricey, but got free nibbles. Dined elsewhere that night and on return our hotel room was quite warm with no way of cooling it down, air con wouldn't come on. During the night could hear the music from the bar 2 floors above and then a group of lads running down the corridor shouting at around 3am. So not a good night sleep. Bed seemed to cave in the middle too. Bath towels lovely, big and soft on the plus side. Would have had breakfast there until we saw it was £18! Very disappointed with the hotel overall.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed you did not enjoyed your stay as much as we had wish for you. We care a lot about your comfort and we would like to apologise for not delivering what you have expected. I am very grateful you have let me know so I can do what is suitable in my duty to make sure we improve.

I hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
A Hillside In Wales
Reviewed 28 April 2014

First impression of the hotel and then the bedroom was great; colourful with a big balcony to the bedroom and far-reaching view of the city but it wasn't long before the chipped paint and other imperfections in this fairly new hotel (April 2014) began to irritate.

The bed was unhealthily soft and we both rose with aching backs and not refreshed at all.

Apart from the very pleasant young man who checked us out we never saw a member of staff smile. On the contrary, they were haughty, brusque and/or surly.

We had problems (as did other people) with the key cards and were told that they often happen - there didn't appear to be any desire to solve the problem, just keep inconveniencing customers by forcing them to go back to reception (which was under-staffed and very cold) to get their key 'cut' again.

The Marco Pierre White food experience was not one to be repeated, complimentary crisps served in a dirty bowl, almost warm, glutinous potato, unseasoned food lacking any flavour (we are non-smokers with good palates) and the worst vegetarian choice I have seen in a restaurant in years.

If you have to go to Birmingham centre this hotel is convenient but eat elsewhere and avoid it if you have any back problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed you did not have the journey we intended for you but I will do my very best to make sure these issues are corrected as soon as possible. In the meantime, I would like to thank you for the kind words and assure you that our teams will be made aware of your feedback, I believe it is important.

I hope to see you and check you out again!
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I booked Hotel Indigo with my brother and his wife, as we were going to a show at the NIA and wanted somewhere central to stay that was good value and had great facilities - we were not disappointed!

A very unique hotel, provided fantastic views of the city. Has a good gym and spa, rooms, although not luxurious they are clean and provided all the facilities that we needed (lovely waterfall shower).

We also booked a table in the Marco Pierre White restaurant on level 25, which was a lovely treat and again we had fantastic views of the City by night as we had a table by the window - food and service was excellent.

We would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am very happy to read you truly enjoyed your stay and he views we have over here at Hotel Indigo Birmingham. We hope that when you return you will manage to check out our neighbourhood, it is full of wonders!

I hope to see you again soon!
Bilston
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary night with a meal at The Marco White Restaurant.
We had booked an executive room. The room was clean and functional, but felt it was a bit characterless and could have down with a few more luxury touches to justify the price. Don't like the wooden floors in bedroom, just feels cold.
Bathroom was nice. I think the best aspect of the room was the bathroom towels.
Bed was very comfortable and cosy.
There was a lot of noise transfer from the band playing up in the bar, so struggled to get to sleep. It was also noisy with groups shouting in the corridor.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to us. We hope that by your next visit we will manage to turn it around for you and offer the luxury you are looking for. I am disappointed you had been disturbed by noise from the corridor and I am glad you have told me, i will look into it.

I hope to see you again soon. Happy Anniversary
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Booked here as dining in marco Pierre white restaurant on #level25.. Room bright and colourful
Bed too soft
Air on would not go cold enough no window to open so woke up rather stuffy in middle of night
Used the hair dryer which was in drawer where there was also a pair of past customers socks left!
Staff very pleasant and welcoming
Shower great

• Stayed April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you had a good stay and for letting us know where we could do better, this is very important to us. Please allow us to rectify it on your next stay., we really care about your special moments!

We hope to see you again soon!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel on a Thursday night with two friends after a night out in the hotel's champagne bar. The room was great with floor to ceiling views of the city, pretty impressive especially at night. The bed was comfy and room service at 1am went down a treat! We have stayed in most hotels in Birmingham and this is by far the best. It was great being out in the bar and only having to stumble a few feet to bed. The staff were lovely and I must give a special shout out to the manager of the hotel - during the night at the bar I lost the diamond out of my engagement ring and happened to mention it the morning after to the staff at breakfast. An hour later as I was leaving the hotel, the manager contacted me and told me he had found the diamond! An absolute miracle. Says a lot about the service (and integrity) of the staff there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am very happy you had such a successful stay and that we have managed to reunite you with your diamond! I will pass on your comments to the Bar Manager and let him know how grateful you are.

Please come and visit us again!
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff; as we were staying on a Friday we were also given a complementary Crunchie to eat; this put us in really good mood and was a really quirky touch. The lift was a bit frustrating as when you entered the lift you had to swipe your room card to access the 24th floor where the rooms were; the card reader didn't recognise the card we were using and we ended up going to the spa floor, up to the 25th floor and back down to the ground floor while other people were requesting the lift. Eventually the card reader recognised our room card and we got to the 24th floor. The stay was for my fiancé's birthday and I loved the colour theming of the rooms because they were very modern and unisex in atmosphere and really to his taste; I had purposely not wanted a hotel that was feminine because he's fed up of me picking girly hotels. The room itself was clean and tidy and had a floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the whole of Birmingham; it looked amazing, I have seen these city scape rooms in adverts and on TV but I've never actually had the pleasure of one myself (we had an executive room). The bed was THE COMFIEST bed I have ever slept in - we sunk into the mattress and while I appreciate this isn't everyone's cup of tea; to us it was great. We both barely moved all night because we were both in such deep sleep. The breakfast was included in our room rate and I can say was well worth the money. The restaurant was very 'posh' and has fabulous views. We both opted for a sausage ciabatta and it was delicious! If we ever travel to Birmingham again, we will definitely be staying here again. *one thing worth mentioning - go through the mailbox shopping centre to get to this hotel, it's the best way! We followed our phone Satnav and it took us through a very compromising estate*

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra spend for the cityscape views!