“Fabulous views of the city”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Both the bedrooms and the restuarant have fantastic views of the city being 23 to 25 floors high. The room was bright with a floor to ceiling window and had a modern business like feel with quality furniture and soft furnishings. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and cushions. The bathroom was bright, clean and well equipped with a "drench" type shower instead of a bath.
The breakfast selection could not be faulted with lots of choice. The large selection of fresh fruits and pastries were especially good being very fresh and tasty. Hot selections were made to order.
The rooms rate was competitive and with the central location, fantastic views and comfortable rooms I will definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had a great stay. Please continue to visit us when in Birmingham and we hope you will discover more of our neighbourhood every time you stay.

I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Executive rooms are standard, deluxe are corner rooms, balcony is just that. I was looking forward to luxury night stay, in my executive room this Fri coming and phoned hotel to request room with balcony and to be on floor 23 after reading other reviews as which floor and room you get seems to be a issue, on asking what you get in an executive room, I was told its just their standard rooms (I was under the impression by the name that it was a bit more than that) and if I wanted room with balcony, it will cost £50 a night more! Wow expensive, was hopefully going to have spa treatments while there (waiting on prices for that) but if a balcony costs £50,I can't see that happening. I hope this helps clear up room name confusion so you know which room to book.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank carol-laura
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed that the information you received confused you. We have never encountered this issue before and we hope to improve the way we put across certain industry standards, such as charged for extra facilities, as all other hotels do.

I hope to talk about this further with you should you return to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just stayed at the Hotel Indigo and it was on of the best hotels I have stopped in .
We up graded to a king room and what a lovely room it was , great size and wonderful views.
All the staff we met were welcoming and easy to talk to.
Bar on the 25th floor was great to watch the sunset and to have breakfast in the morning.
All I can say on my next trip to Birmingham it will be the first place myself and my wife will book.
Well done Indigo we loved it keep it up

Room Tip: Up Grade to a King Room well worth the money
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read you had a great stay. Thank you for our review, it is very important for us that the service you receive is flawless.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Novel car park , Rooms clean and very modern but a little small .
Views of Birmingham excellent.
The staff very helpful .
The hotel is in a superb location for Central Birmingham , Brindley Place , The Birmingham Libary , NIA Arena and the ICC
We ate in Marco Pierre White Steakhouse where the service and food where excellent and surprised at the price

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I am a newbie to Trip Advisor for reviews but used it lots to see what others write and very useful to help make my mind up so I will be honest about this hotel as it's price must be to do with where it is as a Friday night is not worth what paid as room average size, I expect it to be clean and it was, staff on front desk ok as not any banter but efficient but the views of Brums are amazing. You think you know a city until you see it's rooftops so ok we paid too much for a room but at least saw the city. Bit noisy from the bars below after we had finished drinking and wanted to sleep but everyone else carried on partying.

• Stayed: June 2014
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you enjoyed the view and I am disappointed you experienced issues with noise. We strive to make every guests’ experience unique and we hope we achieve this every time. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Was a bit worried about the comments about noise in the corridor but we were at the end in a fantastic wedge shaped room with wall to ceiling windows on two sides and heard no noise at all, even on a Friday night. The views over Birmingham are brilliant. The room was very good. Breakfast was excellent. We will return!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had such a great stay! We encourage all our guests to explore our neighbourhood when they visit and should you have time don’t forget to take our Hotel Indigo Birmingham Podcast guided tour!

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Our experience was terrible. We booked a room there based on the "good" reviews it had. But unfortunately out expectations came crashing down. The only thing I enjoyed was the view but other than that everything else was standard. We wanted a dvd player and it clearly stated that there would be one but infact there wasnt. And the room was not sound proof at all. Couldn't go sleep all night due to the the sound of the chairs and tables moving from the bar which was above our room and the constant slamming of doors!!!
Wont be going back there!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Millat89
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologise for the noise issues you encountered and share my empathy with the situation and you. I truly hope you will allow us to make it up to you in the near future.