“40th Birthday Celebration, with a party of 25 people.”
Review of Peachy Keens

Peachy Keens
Ranked #730 of 2,342 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I've already wrote a couple of reviews on this restaurant. This review is is based on dining with a large party.

On my recommendation, my friend pre-booked 25 seats here, for her 40th birthday. We were seated in an area at the back of the restaurant, close together, on several tables - perfect. Being a Saturday night, it was busy, but not over-crowded.

Personally, I thought the food was good & plentiful, as always (see my other reviews). Some people in the party said they'd have preferred more choice of Chinese food, but overall people enjoyed the meal.

There was only one letdown - On their website, they state that if it's your birthday & you bring at least 9 people to dine, you eat for FREE...and they supply a FREE birthday cake. I asked the waitress about the free meal for the 'birthday girl' & she said she didn't know about this, so I asked to speak to the manager. The manager came & said that you have to say it's a birthday celebration when booking the seats. My friend's husband insisted that he did say this at the time - and I myself, had emailed the manager previously to say we were coming for a birthday celebration. My friend was wearing a giant '40th Birthday' hat & sash - we obviously weren't lying! We practically had to beg just to get one free meal...and we were refused the free cake! Quite petty really.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The food was all lovely and I just wish my belly was a bit bigger so I could have eaten more. Everything I had was really nice, Lamb Rogan Josh, Sag Paneer, cajun prawns, chicken tikka, tandoori chicken etc etc. The drinks aren't too expensive either. We are returning again this weekend.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Staying in the adjacent Travel lodge and after a 5hour journey from Pembrokeshire very keen to just walk across the car park and enjoy an all you can eat asian meal.
The empty bar did not give a true indication of how busy the restaurant area was which is hidden from view as you enter the bar by tall screens.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and the view of such a large choice of mostly asian dishes was a real eye opener. There was a lack of chinese and thai starters if you were keen to stick with that style of meal but what was available was tasty if a little heavy on the MSG. Nice choice of desserts available and selected the fresh fruit on offer but avoiding the chocolate fountain.

1  Thank PembCoastWalker
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Upon arrival I was suprised to see how busy it was for the time of night (6:30pmish), alot of the tables were already full and so was the bar area. As we left, we walked past the bar and dance floor and it was rammed!!!

They had a dj on people were dancing, so if you want 'quiet' maybe not the best place to go.. BUT having said that it may be not be the same on different nights, so maybe worth checking - we went on a Thursday.

The best thing about Peachy Keens is the choice of food. There really is something for everyone! There was a smallish choice of chinese and indian starters, but everything I tried was lovely.

For your main meal, you have Italian - pastas, pizzas (we didnt try the pizza but I saw somebody elses freshly made pizza and it looked amazing), salads (loads of different items), Indian - meat & veg curries, freshly made nan breads (we had garlic and cheese naan and it was delightful), freshly made kebabs (ask for them) and again, what I tried was lovely. They also had a good Thai selection, red & green curry (one veg, one meat) and a Jungle curry which was amazing. Chinese foods again were vast ranging from freshly made Noodles were you choose your ingredients and they'll cook it for you whilst you wait, to sweet and sour pork, chicken and black bean, egg fried rice, prawn crackers and mixed veg in oyster sauce. I also noticed they had fajitas, beef chilli and tortillas.. ohhh and they had a small joint of beef with vegetables and mashed potato.

The food that I ate I felt was all lovely, authentic and had fabulous flavours. It didn't all taste the same!

The pudding counter was also very popular with an ice cream machine, different types of cake, cheesecake, jelly and sweets.

The service we received was fab, we were shown to our seats by a really friendly young lady who checked that we were enjoying our food twice.

The price I felt was very fair for the amount of choice you get.

The only things that I'd have preferred was for some of the food to have been a little hotter.. I like my food piping hot and I'm not sure if it was the time of day, but some of it was not as hot as I like.

Other than that, as it was so busy it was quite noisy - we didnt mind and neither did the people round us (which consisted of families with kids, couples and groups of people).

Worth a visit but when you are hungry!!!

1  Thank SCSNAX
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Was pleased to find this eatery right outside our hotel during our stay. Booked a table very easily via their mobile website. Arrived to a friendly welcome and excited by the vast array of food on offer. The best part of the food experience was the 'live food' to order. Simply add the ingredients to your plate and hand it to the chef and they cook it within mins while you wait. We had a chineese stir fry and the Italian pasta to order. Pizzas and Curries (amongst others) were also avaliable in the same 'create it yourself' way. Overall great value with a good atmosphere and a good selection of drinks. Wish we had a chain close to where I live!