“Nice carvery.”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We visited as a Family to celebrate a Birthday. We were able to get a table straight away and service was quick and friendly. You have to pay parking now but this is refunded at the end of your meal. The carvery was lovely but there wasn't much gravy or condiments on hand and we had to wait for it to be renewed despite it not being too busy. It is always very hot inside the restaurant but this is to be expected with the hot plates. Just mentioning this as it can be uncomfortable if you do not dress lightly. We had brought a birthday cake along and were allowed to eat it. Pleased about this as not all venues allow this now. All in all, never had a bad experience eating here and would recommend it.

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at Toby Carvery Kings Norton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Thanks for your valued comments. We're pleased your visit was enjoyable and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived without making a booking to find the restaurant absolutely heaving. We were warned it might be a 30 minute wait for a table and we decided to stay. In fact we only waited 15 mins. Despite being so incredibly busy the duty manager ran a very calm and friendly ship-nothing was too much trouble. The usual huge range of food was tasty and well cooked. One member of our party only wanted a starter and had to wait a while for this to arrive so they took that off our bill. All in all it was a good evening and we will definitely come again. Thanks to the rushed-off-their-feet staff!

Thanks for getting in touch with your review. We're glad to hear that your visit was a good one & we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Kings Norton Toby is our local carvery and having visited a few times can't fault the service or the quality of the carvery. There's a good selection of veg and sauces to go with it.

Not the best carvery I've had but was in line with what I'd expect from other Tobys I've visited and the price isn't too steep for what you get.

Even visiting at lunch time on a sunday we've never had trouble getting a table and haven't had to wait.

Ample parking which has been an issue at some other Tobys in the area. You have to pay a pound but it gets refunded at the end when you ask for your bill.

Great desserts too.

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at Toby Carvery Kings Norton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely positive review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recently experienced my first ever Toby Carvery breakfast after my mother, step-dad and sister had all rated it so highly so this time they took me along...

The service was amazing especially from the staff member named Debs - she was exceptionally helpful, entertaining and friendly especially for a Sunday morning!

The food was brilliant as well - a great range of food for a tasty hot breakfast which is replenished frequently so there is no waiting around. I also love the idea of unlimited tea/coffee because I do love a good cuppa.

I look forward to my next visit when I am next visiting family and I would highly recommend the breakfast for others.

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at Toby Carvery Kings Norton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

We have replied to you personally as we were so pleased to see your kind comments on Trip Advisor. It means a lot to all the staff, as the aim here is always to ensure that our guests enjoy their breakfast visits to us.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited here on a Friday night. We knew it would be busy and were told we had to wait half an hour. Again we did not mind this. What I do object to however is rude and not interested staff. We said we would order at the bar and have our food in the bar area. Waited 10 minutes for a member of staff to even look at us, never mind serve us. Walked out - there are too many other good places to go to put up with this. The staff should remember they are in the service industry! It costs nothing to be friendly and smile at people. Will not bother again

Toby Carvery R, Public Relations Manager at Toby Carvery Kings Norton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Constructive criticism is always welcome even if it is difficult to hear, and we take on board your comments and try to do better.