“avoid this place”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“avoid this place”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I took my family here when we finally got through to book a table, It claims to be a buffet they monitor very carefully how much they put on your plate they where counting eveything they put on your plate and when my son went up for more fruit salad the owner actually shouted at him and said there was not going to be enough for everyone else ( It was tinned). The soup starter tasted very much like cup a soup with a bit of extra onions and over all the food was just revolting, the toilets where dirty and the radiator was just leaning against the wall without support and the decor is not very easy on the eye AVOID!

Willenhall, West Midlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't Even Get Through To Book A Table”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I would love to tell you what the food is like at Rabbean Restaurant. I would love to give you an opinion on the quality of service, choice and ambience of the restaurant. However, after making in excess of 20 phone calls over a two week period and failing to get through to anyone to book a table, I am afraid I can't. Despite ringing on the phone number and on the days and times advised by Groupon, not one of my phone calls was answered. Most of the time, the number just rang out. At other times, I got engaged tone (presumably because of the many other potential customers ringing in a vain attempt to book a table). On two occasions, the call diverted through to an answering machine and on both occasions, I left a polite message asking for someone to call back to confirm the restaurant could take my booking. Needless to say, I didn't get a call back. A week ago, I took the issue up with Groupon Customer Service and they recommended that I should attempt to get through to the restaurant by using the "Contact Us" facility on their website. This I did but it almost goes without saying that I had no response to this. So, over 20 phone calls, two messages left on their answering machine and a prompt through the "Contact Us" facility on their website but still not one call back or return email. This left me wih no choice but to call Groupon Customer Service and request a refund, which they were happy to do. Rabbean might be a fabulous restaurant, with sensational food and world class customer service but I really wouldn't know because I have found it impossible to make a booking! I doubt it though, as the ratings on this site (12 reviews, 12 ratings of "Terrible") suggest otherwise.

1 Thank Soya1969
“Disappointed black woman”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Being a black woman I was surprised of the standard of the food. Glad I had a group on voucher would've refused to pay for what we got. Half the food on the menu was not available and quite a few choices had an extra charge on it. The phone rang all evening no one was answering it. The only good things for the evening was mys friends company, the drinks and the r and b music playing in the background.

1 Thank jatommys
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can not book through Groupon”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Having used this place in the past under it's old name. The last time we were there the food was disgusting. Everything was dry and over salted I eat Caribbean food regularly, but this was truly terrible.

I was sent an offer for Rabbean and thought things may have changed, new owners, chef etc. I thought I would give them the benifit of the dought any try them through the groupon offer, as not much to loose being so cheap. I really should have not bothered. I have been trying for 3 weeks to book. I did get through 2 weeks ago after trying for a week, only to be told I could not come tonight, as they are fully booked. I needed to check when my wife was free again, so said I would ring back. Have been trying ever since. 2 days ago I was on the phone from 6-9pm and last night we were on redial for half hour, constantly engaged. They must have taken phone off hook. If this is their level of customer service it looks like nothing has changed. I have taken a refund of my groupon and will never be going there again.

I WOULD ADVISE, STARY WELL CLEAR OF THIS PLACE.

1 Thank jocklee1
“Give me a soggy Tesco sandwich anyday.”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Appalling customer service, the staff were repellent and rude, selection of food was poor in comparison to other west Indian restaurants. Should you actually manage to get through to staff booking, particularly with discount slips, is nigh impossible and even then you would be lucky that notice of your reservation is made. Parking is also poor and a liberal use of the term buffet is used. Not worth your time.

1 Thank whereischarley