“This is called "Quality" for a reason”

Quality Hotel Birmingham South/NEC
Ranked #93 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
England
“This is called "Quality" for a reason”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Since December 2012 I have stayed at this hotel for about 20 weeks spread over that time. Every time I stay, the service and quality of the accommodation is second to none. The rooms are always clean, tidy and very comfortable.
I spend approx. 8 months of the year working away from home, therefore, I always look for a hotel where I can relax. (One time this hotel was fully booked and I had to stay at another :( that had to be one of the worst ever, and it was a Quality Hotel).
I have experienced excellent service from all of the staff on every visit to this hotel, nothing is too much trouble for them. Nine times out of ten I eat at the hotel because of the skill of the Chef, he certainly knows how to prepare good food and it is always very tasty (please do not let my girlfriend know).
If you are looking for a hotel with easy access to the amenities of Birmingham and the surrounding area, including the airport, or just want a nice weekend away, you have to give this hotel a try, you will not be dis-appointed (unless you are a professional moaner, in which case nowhere will be suitable for you). The train station to take you into Birmingham is about 30 strides away, with trains on a regular basis.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoy every one of mine. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JC_Sliver
Lucy K, General Manager at Quality Hotel Birmingham South/NEC, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for writing this indepth review on our hotel. We really appreciate your effort and the time it has taken you to let other people know about your experience.We are glad that you always enjoy your stay with us and have passed your compliments on to our chef. Looking forward to welcoming you here again. Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
dunfermline
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I travel to Birmingham for family reasons twice a year. We have stayed at the Quality Hotel 6 times as it is only a 15 minute drive from the airport and have found it to be clean and well run by very friendly and efficient staff. A well sized car park which is locked late at night is a bonus as we always have to hire a car. Quality Hotel is ideal for our purposes as it is near where my wife's relatives live, is in a quiet area but with very handy access for a train trip to Birmingham City centre, and buses to all over the area. The restaurant in the Quality Hotel provides food way above the usual standard of chain hotels and deserves to be better advertised for those in the Acock's Green area who like to go out for a meal. We will continue to use this hotel when we are in Birmingham.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank redmondDunfermline
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Traveled form Ireland to the NEC and found this hotel to be very good value, the rooms were comfortable and clean. Hotel staff were excellent and very helpful.The food was very good and reasonably priced. Will stay here again the next time we visit the NEC.

1 Thank Harry C
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have used this hotel for years when visiting the NEC. Instead of paying crazy prices for food at the NEC I always bring a sandwich with me which the Hotel have no problem supplying to me at a very reasonable price. I find the hotel to be clean, have good food and have very helpful pleasant staff. I would recommend this hotel to anybody as it offers value for money particularly to the business travellers.

2 Thank John S
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hello,
my name is Lisa, I am from germany. I am often in Birmingham. This hotel is not am Hilton, the starts are missing, but this Hotel have nearly the same service like a Hilton.
The personal are always very pleasant and helpful. If you have a problem, they have a solution.

1 Thank Lisa S
Somewhere nr London
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The first time I had to stay here due to unavailability of my companies preferred hotel I was a little apprehensive as the hotel and area was unknown to me and I'm really fussy on cleanliness and condition of where I stay, but as soon as I landed I was made to feel extremely welcome. The staff are all friendly, courteous and extremely helpful, and the food is very good quality from a very diligent chef who works hard to present simple but delicious food in a master chef type of way. With a good range of breakfast food and a delicious full English. When booking my hotel for Birmingham I always insist on staying at the quality now. it's extremely good value for money with really nice rooms too, and I've stayed in quite a few of them all very clean and well looked after.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter
1 Thank Sutrame1
Lucy K, General Manager at Quality Hotel Birmingham South/NEC, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It was greatly appreciated by all the staff here at the Quality Hotel Birmingham Airport/NEC. We strive to do our best at all times and are so pleased that we were of good service to you. We have passed your compliments to the chef and we look forward to welcoming you here again. Kind regards
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Absolutely terrible! Room was next to the railway line, too loud at night! Didn't get much sleep and to top it off, refused a sandwich at breakfast. Waiters were rude and not very helpful, wouldn't recommend this hotel to a homeless person.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Daio99
Lucy K, Manager at Quality Hotel Birmingham South/NEC, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Sir, thank you for taking time to register on TripAdvisor and write a review about your recent stay at the Quality Hotel. I have checked with the front desk staff and we have no record of you requesting to change the room during your stay. We would have happily changed the room if it was noisy or uncomfortable for you. You spoke to myself as well in the morning and never mentioned that either! We serve breakfast to every customer who pays for it but in your case each of you have had their breakfast already and then requested an additional sandwich to take away. This unfortunately is not included in your room rate and that is why the waiters have informed you that an additional charge applies. We have repeat guests staying with us this week who were having breakfast at the same time as you that day and they have actually approached me to say that you were quite rude to our staff rather than the other way round. As for the homeless person, well we have a lot of repeat customers who do recommend us all the time so we are really sorry that we could not meet your expectations on that occasion. Thanks again for taking time to review our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels