I stayed at this hotel for one night whilst away on a business trip. Cheap basic hotel. I booked through euro bookings online. Unfortunetly I was without hot water for my stay here so had a very cold shower in the morning - not giving me a great start to the busy business day ahead. HOWEVER the real trouble began when I requested to get some kind of refund/discount for the trouble of having no hot water. I spoke with Simon the general manager of the hotel upon my departure who had promised I would be able to receive a refund from Euro bookings if I contact them and arrange through Euro Bookings - who when I contacted claimed they were unable to process any kind of refund. As a result I contacted the hotel.
After my stay at the Castle Bromwich Inn off course Simon became completely unavailable and despite being promised a call from him by Receptionist Racheal I am still awaiting his call. Despite calling him a further 3 times in attempt to get hold of him I still to this day have been told he is "not around at the moment".
In the light of not being able to get hold of Simon Rachel tells me I booked through Expedia and provides me with a booking reference to get a refund from Expedia although Expedia have never heard of this booking reference and neither have I! Receptionist Racheal stated she has never heard of euro bookings (who I actually booked with) so "it is not her problem".
So a week on from my cold stay at the Castle Bromwich Inn I have been left ever more sour about my stay. The customer service is appalling and very unprofessional. It is important for staff to know where your hotel stays are being advertised and sold from otherwise as in my case Racheal has been very unhelpful as she is completely unaware that Castle Bromwich Inn hotel rooms are available on www.eurobookings.com so very unable to deal with myself as a customer!
Needless to say I will not be returning again and would recommend you don't either. I will make sure all of my chums who attend Spring Fair & Hobby Stitch @ the NEC every year are well aware this is not a hotel to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern, comfortable hotel offers guests great value just off the M6 and within easy reach of Birmingham city centre. The Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich, is situated just 25 minutes from the heart of the city and 8 miles from Birmingham International Airport. Other nearby venues include the NEC Arena and popular family destinations such as Cadbury World, Drayton Manor and Sealife Centre. The hotel features 110 guest rooms, all well-equipped to offer you a most comfortable stay. All rooms feature en-suite bathrooms, free Wi-Fi and digital TV among other amenities. Guests can relax in the hotel's 24 hour lounge bar, enjoying the laid-back atmosphere, a refreshing drink or tasty snack. A Express Start breakfast is served each morning in the Great Room. Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich has a well-appointed meeting room which can host up to 25 delegates. The hotel's skilled team will assist you in planning and hosting your next corporate occasion. Complimentary parking is provided in the hotel's on-site car park. The hotel's friendly team are available 24 hours a day at reception and look forward to welcoming you to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Bromwich Hotel Birmingham
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham
- Birmingham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Birmingham