“Great for a casual meet up”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Arco Lounge

Arco Lounge
Ranked #282 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Arco Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for a casual meet up”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Nice to go to somewhere other than a big chain. Relaxed friendly atmosphere & helpful staff. Good with babies & nice coffee!

Uppingham, United Kingdom
“A nice change from chain restaurants, great cocktails!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Visited Arco lounge for the second time and have enjoyed both visits. The food is a good standard, good value for money. Nothing majorly special (the specials menu provides a few different options) but it's always enjoyable. The fresh lemonade is delish and the cocktail menu is fab!

I love the look of the place and we have always had friendly service.

Would def come again!

Arco-lounge L, General Manager at Arco Lounge, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi Joanne M,

Glad that you like the place, always pleasing to see a nice review. Have you worked your way through the cocktail menu yet? Ask our staff for recommendations and we'll point out what we think will be perfect, we can even create something to your taste if you like!

see you soon,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great for a relaxing catch up with friends.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you want a relaxing atmosphere for a catch up with your friends Arco Lounge fits the bill.

My friends had steak/chicken main courses which they considered satisfactory, with nothing to complain about but nothing to write home about either (hence the above score). Myself, I had the the Tapas which was tasty although the number of dishes limited. The service was good with staff being very willing to help.

I'll definitely give it another go.

Visited July 2014
Hi Helen M,

Sorry to hear that you meals were not top notch when you came in. We do encourage feedback from our customers and regulars to help us improve our menu's, When your next in speak to myself or one of my management team so we can find out how we could have done things better for you, we'll be able to feed it back for future menu development.
thanks for taking the time to leave a review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

regards,
“Nice and Relaxing”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Met a friend last Friday for breakfast. I've used another one of this chain's restaurants before so knew what to expect from menu and price. The breakfasts although they are a bit steep they were very enjoyable and well presented. Nice atmosphere in the place and sat in the window with windows open. Very trendy like a trendy café bar might find in other cities. Staff friendly and was nice that they have fresh jugs of water to help yourself to with glasses at the end of the bar too. Place very nice to meet up with friends and have time to chat and relax any time of the day. Struggled with parking though as on a High Street and limited to 1 hour outside but there are pay and displays close by.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lynniemonkey
Hi Lynniemonkey,

thanks for your review.
I know what you mean about the parking, can be terrible around here. All the more reason to leave the car at home and enjoy a glass of vino with your food though! ;)
We get lots of complements about the lounge breakfast and how much you get, i know it's not the cheapest around but we hope its the best in Harborne. (Did you know we have a breakfast club Mon-Fri 8am-12noon, £6.75 for the full breakfast and a drink as well!).

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Awful food - have standards slipped?”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

As a local to Harborne I was disappointed to be served an awful lunch yesterday. I ordered tapas and it was clear that the falafels and sweet corn fritters were reheated from frozen and not even served piping hot but lukewarm. Being pregnant this worried me and I didn't even eat all of the food. I have had nice tapas here before so I was very disappointed.

Nice place for coffee (thus the 2 stars not 1), but can not recommend eating here on my last experience.

• Visited July 2014
Arco-lounge L, General Manager at Arco Lounge, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi Brummichick20112309,

Firstly let me apologize for how your meal was served to you, this is not normal standards and I will personally be looking in to this to find out what has happened on this occasion and rectify it as soon as possible.
Both of the items that you have mentioned are made fresh to order so should not be served at a lukewarm temperature.
I would be happy for you to get in touch with me personally either by email/ phone or when you are next in for a coffee as I would like to know a few more details so I can identify the problem and make sure this does not happen again.

once again my apologize for you poor quality meal and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

kind regards,