Travelodge Birmingham Central Moor Street
  • Fitness centre
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstesco expresstravel lodgecity centreroom was cleanbull ringncp car parknew streetgreat central locationtea and coffee facilitiesfamily roomshower curtainone night staytrain stationshort staynight's sleepbudget hotelreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a newish Travelodge so the rooms are more modern and better quality than other older Travelodges can be, it also seemed cleaner than others I have stayed at. The in room facilities are basic, but the bed is comfortable enough, there is a flat screen TV, space to hang clothes and en suite facilities including a decent shower.

The only services at the hotel are limited to a reception desk and a drinks and snack machine, but this is unimportant given the very central location and the nearby shops and restaurants.

It is very close to Moor Street train station and the hotel provides discounted parking at a nearby multi storey car park.

We stayed here on a very hot day and the rooms were very hot when we checked, so not great for getting ready for the wedding we were attending. They did however cool down by the time we came home and we got a really good sleep undisturbed by any outside or inside noise.

It is a good value option for short stays in Birmingham, particularly if you have plans in the City Centre.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The location of the travel lodge is good in terms of accessibility, however, it is noisy inside and outside. There is no bar or even an ice machine, literally just a reception desk, so if you want to have a drink in your room you have the choice of a tiny plastic cup or the coffee mug. The outside of the hotel is surrounded by cigarette ends.
In terms of the room it was tiny, and the bathroom was laughable, just a shower cubible, no bath, no shower/bath mat and only 2 big towels (no hand towels). However, I must say the beds are comfortable.
Our stay was made more difficult by the fact we had some very noisy people on the same floor as us, as there are no phones in the room I was not about to walk down to reception at 3/4/5 in the morning when they were making noise to complain.
I searched for a long time to find a hotel for this stay and I regret the choice I made, there are certainly far better value hotels in that area to be found.
On the bright side there is a handy tesco express around the corner and its close to both new street and moor street train stations.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank MissT342014
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Birmingham Central Moor Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We are sorry to learn you found our hotel to be noisy MissT342014 In an attempt to reduce the noise outside we do provide double glazing and insulated walls, we do also ask our customers to be courteous to other guests during their stay at the hotel and our staff will be expected to patrol the corridors so that they can inform noisy guests to ensure that are keeping their noise levels to a minimum. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights mid week for Cheltenham festival.2 minutes walk to new street station and bull ring.stayed here last year and since then the rooms have been updated to a good standard.bargain for £23 a night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank blackbullfc
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here for one night for a Christmas party and couldn't fault the stay. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The location is great as it is only a short walk to the shops in Birmingham and a short distance from all 3 of the city centre's train stations.

I paid £23 for the room, which was a great price and cheaper than getting a taxi home for me. This was certainly one of the better Travelodge's I have stayed in, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a wedding.
Must admit from reading previous reviews I was concerned about staying at the hotel, but for the price my fiancé and I decided to book and I'm glad we did.
Good hotel, good size clean room in a central location and at a brilliant price.
Definitely be booking with them again.

• Stayed: February 2014