All reviews tesco express city centre travel lodge room was clean breakfast box bull ring new street family room great central location street noise tea and coffee facilities lady on reception car park short stay one night stay train station budget hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stayed here for a job interview and the staff were very pleasant. There was a slightly tired feeling to the Travelodge compared to others that I've stayed in. True there are homeless people around the vicinity, but that's common to many city centres (very sadly). The bed only had a thin sheet on it and the duvet was not made up (rather in a bag on the shelf with no cover). I arrived late so slept on it which was uncomfortable. This spoiled the review. I accept that it was warm but one sheet is not very good. The bedding was not great generally.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2018

To sum up, I stayed for one night and paid for breakfast and Wi-Fi. The breakfast was a box with a carton of orange juice a small muffin, a pot of corn flakes and a carton of milk for £5, it does show what sin it on posters at reception but on the site when you book I couldn't see it? The Wi-Fi was so slow I couldn't face time my family. In my bathroom there was dirty, wet laundry in the shower , that when I informed the reception they said sorry, but it was still there when I checked out the next day. On my way out for something to eat in the evening ( it was getting late so wanted to get back for an early start) I asked at reception for an iron and board, they got me to follow then to a store room and I had to take it up to my room on the 4th floor myself then go back again to go out.

Poor nights sleep as well, too hot and too noisy outside.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Birmingham Central Moor Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

While staying here the staff and reception were extremely helpful. A clean and accessible place to stay can be straight forward, but staff really make the difference. I rarely find staff this caring in many establishments these days, happy to go above and beyond!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to this particular hotel due to having exams in the local area. We returned as our first visit to the hotel was pleasant. Unfortunately on this occasion we was put in room 317 which faces onto a patch of greenery which was used as a dumping ground for litter. The amount of homeless people surrounding the hotel is somewhat off putting as you can’t help but feel bad- obviously this is no fault of the hotel but it doesn’t look good.

We was rudely woken up at 3am by a group of youths talking on the street. We was on the 3rd floor and you could hear every word they was saying as thought they was in the room with us. The hotel was aware I had an exam that morning and to put us in a room where noise was obviously an issue is just unacceptable. I did go to reception where a lovely member of staff gave me another key to a different room on the 6th floor however my husband was half asleep and didn’t want to move and I didn’t feel right going to a different room on my own.

The hotel is situation in the heart of Birmingham which is ideal for shopping etc however I felt at £45 a night it was extremely steep to say we couldn’t get a good night sleep and more importantly relax in preparation for my exams. I think the hotel really needs to review pricing considering the noise issue or invest well needed money to improve the quality of the windows to soundproof them. I would pay £45 per night all day if I could have slept properly but the way I see it is being woken up at 3am I could have just travelled from home and woke up 2.5hours earlier to get to my destination.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Tilly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Birmingham Central Moor Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for your comments about our Birmingham Central Moor Street hotel.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room that you were allocated, the price of your room and that your stay was disturbed by noise.

We are however pleased to hear that you were happy with the location of the hotel.

We will be passing your comments onto the hotel team and we hope to welcome you back to one of our hotel's again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

On arrival two wonderful ladies greeted me at reception. They were helpful, kind and had great customer service skills. Location great with a room on the Business level. All very quiet so slept well in clean room, all very clean and fresh. Duvet available if I wanted to use during the night but did not have to. Great price and value for money. On check out the lady at reception was really helpful, kind and pleasant. Will book same hotel next time - all good! Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family