“My regular breakfast/lunch/teo/espresso haunt excellent.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Birmingham, England
“My regular breakfast/lunch/teo/espresso haunt excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Gary and Jane took this former greasy spoon (and I mean greasy in the old days!) on about 3 years ago and have built up a large and loyal eat in and sit down following..why..easy quality produce and friendly service. Yep its just a corner cafe with no frills but a good value menu and produce you can actually taste unlike some of the local competition. Coffee excellent and highly recommended as are the home produced cakes. does a very good job nuff said.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank brianthelion

staffordshire
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We where in Birmingham getting my xmas present from the jewelry quarter and as you can imagine it was taking some time to choose what I wanted so lunch time came and we were quite hungry so my husband having been there before suggested we go for an all day breakfast at the Hylton
We turned up at this unassuming little place and he took me in. It was full and people were waiting including ourselves and I now know why.
This tiny place does the best food ever.
The choice is immense and the quality supperb.
Gary the owner greets you with a huge smile and a welcome you wont forget. He cant do enough to make you want to stay. He takes your order which in our case was one of the four sized breakfast he serves.
The bacon was excellent sausages beautiful and eggs done to perfection and not one greasy item on the plate and that included fried bread and toast and the best cup of ground coffee I have had in years.
We were served by jack who is Gary & Janes son. So well mannered, quick, attentive and effecient.
And Blossom one of their staff served our actual plate of food with a big smile on her face. She made you feel like you where sitting at home and she was mum giving you food.
I can honestly say if you go to Brum nip in and sample the brilliant food and welcome at the Hylton as you wont get any better quality or price.

• Visited January 2012