“If your working away from home this is the next best thing”

Travelodge Birmingham Yardley Hotel
Ranked #78 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We work nationwide and stay in hotels four to five nights per week all year round and never have we met staff so keen to make our stay as comfortable as possible.The hotel has been refuted and is spotless.When we walk in the door were greeted by smiling staff that makes you feel welcome. ..we used Premier inn for years but following the standard of staff at Yardley we will be Travelodge from now on .

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Good hotel, well situated for what we wanted. Difficult to find, behind Peachy Keane's restaurant (post code in google maps went to a different street behind the hotel). In the evening, noise from the air con unit and the restaurant car park when the window open, but quiet when closed. Peaceful when opened again in early hours of the morning.
Excellent value for money
Trip spoiled by failure of Travelodge central booking office to notify hotel of booking (made via internet 11 days earlier) and completely unhelpful attitude of receptionist in resolving this.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Okay,so back in 2013 my family decided to go here for a "Break". I was not looking forward to it as i had been to travelodges before and hated it.

After arriving finally (i live in Cumbernauld,Scotland) ,We took our bags and went to reception.The staff were very friendly.The place has a vending machine so if you ever want something you can get it from there.

I had to share with my 16 year old brother and 25 year old sister.We thought it would be terrible...But...

We opened the door and stared in awe. There were 2 single beds and one massive double bed.They were made up properly,where as the travelodge in bradford was horrible.There was a flat screen tv, a proper dressing area and the bathroom was actually clean!

I was unwell ( i have arthritus) So i had to get the double bed - Yay!

There is so much to do in Birmingham. I am muslim so there were so many take outs and restraunts where as at home we were limited.

On the next day,we eat digestives as breakfast because there was no proper vegetarian option on the room service menu.This is one thing i think you guys should improve.

We went to different shops.I got so many scarfs and bangles and earrings - i was so happy! Then,we went to this place where they made different dishes.I got cutlama but it was so spicy.

My mum said we could get things and throw a midnight party.I thought it was awesome because at home our dad was very strict.

My legs were aching so bad, so we went back.

Whenn i got to my room,the cleaners had been in. They had done such a great job because they put my mini cat teddy in the bed and tucked her up (yeah,i know its embarrissing), gave us so many towels and new tea equipment.I had such a great night even if i was unwell.

The next morning,we went to another place were they made fry up breakfasts.I thoughtit was okay.Then we went to this mans shop were i got yet more scarfs.He was so nice he gave us discounts and even gave me free gummy bears!

We went to the bullring...And because my dad ruined my birthday 2 months before,my parents got me a new bear from build a bear and i even got my ears pierced! We went to dixy chicken-Dont go there. My burger was all burnt i couldnt even bight it!

My parents enjoyed it so much so we payed for one extra night!

Thanks for giving us a great time! Enjoyed,better than expected!

Room Tip: Sometimes it can get quite noisy.But believe it or not the front of the building was quieter...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sara C
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed here for one night, its 10 mins away from the airport and around £30 cheaper than the other travel lodge which is closer.

Rooms where clean & beds comfy.

Mcdonalds is right outside but if youwould like a proper meal theres is a resturant just outside the travel lodge.

Smooth check in/out

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at yardley Travelodge many times and found the staff to be friendly. Helpful and the most welcoming than anywhere else. Nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are lovely and clean and has made my stay most pleasant compared to other hotels. I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lesleyanrob
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was going to call it you get what you pay for but for 26 quid, you get more. Travelodge is obviously no frills accommodation but we got free parking and friendly staff on top of that so can't grumble. 10 minutes away from BHX and the NEC so ideally situated with a pub / restaurant outside as well. Difficult to rate as excellent when you are to compare it with hotels nearby such as the Hilton but for the money, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family, all age groups, as we were also attending the New Years Evening at Peachy Keens. We could not fault the hotel. It was clean, well equipped and the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. Would definately recommend the hotel and would willingly stay there again. Great value for money !

Room Tip: We had family rooms on the ground floor at the back of the hotel which were very quiet even though i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family