“Standard indian!”

Balti Bazaar
Ranked #348 of 2,195 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Standard indian!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We visited Balti Bazaar with two friends on a Saturday night and found the restaurant packed to the rafters, I really have never seen an indian so busy with people even sat in the welcome area waiting for tables! Unfortunately we did not book so we had to wait 45 mins - I definitely recommend booking at the weekend!
I think it's fair to say the place could do with some modernisation, it is a little dated with no real design, basically 4 walls with a bar and a lot of canteen style tables.
We did not order anything unusual with most opting for a chicken pathia or rogan, plain rice and naan, we also had poppadums. In short everything was enjoyable and I cant really complain but there was nothing about the meal that stood out or you could remark as excellent. I will say the menu is cheaply priced and you can bring your own drinks so it certainly wasn't an expensive evening but there was no qualities that would persuade me to return to the restaurant!
In an area that is overrun with indian restaurants I am unsure why Balti Bazaar was so ridiculously busy on this occasion other than the price, I suspect this place has been around for a long time and has a loyal following but if you want something different/exceptional from the norm I would not recommend.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank BhamFoodie83

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best ever Balti restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have enjoyed eating out at the Balti Bazaar since November 1995!
The food is consistently excellent and the service attentive & friendly. Superb value for money.
There are so many other balti restaurants in the locality but we would never go anywhere else.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank catdewes
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I am a regular to Balti Bazarr and everytime I go it's absolutely beautiful food and you get what you pay for. Fantastic service very polite

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Amanda H
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

There is nothing I can fault with this restaurant. The service is above and beyond outstanding. Excellent value for money and great quality food.

1 Thank ROiS A
“Family Birthday Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Eleven of us booked at this excellent restaurant the other night. We all enjoyed the wonderful food and great service thank you. We have been coming for a long time and I dont think we have ever had a bad meal. We will hopefully be back for more of this delighful food Thank you again

• Visited March 2014