“I love you Saleem”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“I love you Saleem”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My stars are based on my expectations. If it is better than expected 4 stars. You really have to blow me away to get 5. I have frequented to Saleems for 13 years. Every time it's like a home coming. It is not gastronomical. It is good home food.
You are solid through this years. A well deserved 3 stars although in my heart it's 5

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Closing down - No!!!!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Popped in recently for my normal chicken and dall curry takeaway only to be informed by Saleem that Saleems is closing down for good in the next few weeks. This is a disaster.
I have been visting since the mid 80's and its my favourite place in Birmingham - full stop.
I'm sure everyone who knows this place will be devastated too.
If there is no way to stop this then I suggest anyone who reads this review pass thge news on so that all fans of Saleems make sure they make a final visit (or 3).

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank brendan o
“Best Sunday breakfast to be had...”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Shan't something a little different for sundy breakfast? Then Saleems has got the best chickpea dahl with accompaniments, blend with a nice masala chi and your set up for the rest of the day.

1 Thank Graham A
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“the best keema pea curry you will ever eat”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visit saleems to have the keema pea curry with a Nan bread. It's the best you will ever taste. So tasty, spicy, everything a keema pea should be. Also the starters are to die for. Pleasant basic environment but who needs all the fancy trimmings when you have the best keema pea in Birmingham. Also a vast assortment of sweets available. Please try this place I'm 100% you won't be disappointed

“Disappointing”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Thought we would try an authentic balti from the balti triangle area as comes highly recommended, my king prawn balti was reasonable in taste but very small portion and pricey for size, 3 out of 5 of our group were shocked and described it as tasteless stew, 2 of our curries looked watered down ,tasted bland all small portions and 1 only had 5 small pieces of chicken , unexpected disappointment as when asked where to go on ladypool road , saleems was recommended, we did arrive early about 6.15 pm , looking at other reviews wandering if we were unlucky with one off bad food but will not return to find out , will stick with our locals many superior in stirchley .