“50th Birthday Private Party”

The Rose Villa Tavern
Ranked #205 of 2,500 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A beautiful grande 2 listed building in the heart of Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter. Join us for lunch or dinner from our American Diner Style menu and partake in a tipple or two from our hand crafted cocktail menu. We're also proud to serve cask ales and always happy to spend time talking about them with you to find your perfect drink! Our upstairs room is free to hire and can hold over 100 people. See you soon!
Reviewed 4 November 2017

We hired the Rose Villa Tavern for my husbands 50th Birthday. We had around 100 guests who all had a fantastic night. Ian, the manager, was very accommodating and friendly to deal with. The barman on the night (I think his name was Ish) did a brilliant job and I love the fact that he joined in with the party on the dance floor and had some fun.

The buffet provided was great. Good selection of drinks in the bar. Brilliant sound system. There is not one thing that could have been better.

Thank you to all the staff (including the barmaids with the green/blue hair) for making our night the best it could be.

VickyBirminghamUK, Manager at The Rose Villa Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hello pattybenson,

Thank you for such a glowing review - the team will be pleased to hear they helped make your night such a good one!

Glad to had such a good time with us for such a special day.
Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

A little expensive however worth the penny's. The green chesterfields and warm welcome adds to the pub atmosphere. We chose nachos from a modest menu, with Thursday being a day for cheap food we were stuffed! This place is a must for a pint in the quarter!

1  Thank Kranti P
VickyBirminghamUK, Manager at The Rose Villa Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Hello Kranti P

Thank you for your kind review, glad you enjoy what we do!

See you again soon,

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

In the jewellery quarter and looking for something to eat and we came across this place. It doesn't look special from the outside but I gather it has recently been done up
We were only looking for a snack and a drink and ordered chilli nachos- small size. I would have hated to see the big size - it was huge and plenty for 2.
Friendly staff and reasonably priced

1  Thank Sue K
VickyBirminghamUK, Manager at The Rose Villa Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hello Sue K,

Thank you for your kind words, we're always happy to hear we've impressed!
We hope to see you again soon, maybe with more of an appetite to try the bigger bowl?

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I hired the upstairs function room for my 40th party on someone else's recommendation, having never visited the Rose Villa Tavern before. That was a risk but I'm really glad I did, as I couldn't have been happier with the night!
The venue is lovely and I had lots of comments about this from others who'd never been before. The room is well set out and is great for people who want to dance and for people just wanting to sit and drink.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful leading up to the party. They recommended the dj (who was a huge hit, so thank you to Lee Goodman), they organised a party cocktail menu, which was really popular and when they realised it might be difficult catering for my request of pizza for 80 people at 11pm, they helpfully suggested the pizza place across the road and allowed me to have a huge delivery.
The bar man serving at the party was a star and everyone absolutely loved him! Unfortunately I don't remember his name, but if someone could pass on my thanks to him for helping to make it such a great night.
I would 100% recommend this venue for a party and having booked it again for a Christmas do in December, I'm very glad I did.
Thanks again to all the staff. Fab! :-)

2  Thank Emma J

Hello Emma J,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we're glad you all had a top time for your big day!
We're more than happy to do what we can to make our guests night go with a bang, and if it's DJs and pizza you want.... then we're happy to help whip that up!

Your praise has been passed onto the team working that night and we look forward to welcoming you back for a Christmas party!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Went to the Jewellery Quarter yesterday and discovered this little gem. Not much to look at from the outside but transported to yesteryear once you walk through the doors. Nothing fancy, no plush seating, just a great, old-fashioned pub. Service was prompt and cheerful; enough variety of beer to choose from and plenty of other drinks on offer. We decided on burgers for lunch and were not disappointed. Big burgers, plenty of fries and a large salad.
Don't often go to Brum. but would definitely visit the Rose Villa again.

Hello tonylaw3,

Thanks for the kind words, we're pretty proud of our great food and fuss free style so its always appreciated when others like it too!
Hope to see you again next time you're in town

Kind regards,