We stayed here as part of a family trip to see the Test Cricket. I was really happy with my choice of this hotel.
1) The reception team re extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. When we arrived in the morning, Moonie the receptionist made a special effort to help by giving us all our room keys and paperwork, even thought the rooms were not ready, so we could drop our bags and leave for the cricket. She said she didn't want us to have to wait when we got back in the evening, so nice! Natalie was on reception after that and was also very friendly and helpful, recommending their restaurant when we decided not to go into town due to the riots that were happening in the center that night.
2) The local area is very attractive. Restaurants nearby and lots of large Victorian villas. Taxis to the town center for about £7.
3) The restaurant is great, quite old fashioned with silver service etc but excellent food and very professional staff who can do Steak Diane etc at tableside. The woman in charge is very good.
4) Breakfast is also very good. Small buffet with nice fruits, cereals, meats, etc and cooked breakfast like full English, kippers etc is brought to the table. Quick service as well. The blond girl is very nice but I didn't get her name.
5) Rooms are extremely clean, bathrooms can't be more than a few months old really! Flat screen tvs, comp wifi, everything you could need is there (apart from fridges).
6) Housekeeping is very efficient, you don't really see them, but everything is done, and their boss must be a clean freak because I didn't see a spot anywhere.
7) Public ares are very modern, the restaurant is a bit more old fashioned but still nice, and there is a lovey terrace outside with both smoking and non-smoking seating areas.
Overall a great hotel, I thought it was worth a good deal more than the £70 bb we paid.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Eaton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaton Hotel Birmingham