“Good rooms and breakfast”
Review of The Eaton Hotel

The Eaton Hotel
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Booked the Eaton because of Trip Advisor reviews and the hotel’s proximity to Birmingham University where we were attending an open day. Plenty of car park space; the room had 2 large beds (we had booked at twin); logging on to wi-fi was tedious…each room had its own SSID and password. We couldn’t find our room’s SSID so had to ring down for another room’s password. I don’t know why hotels make it so difficult to logon to wi-fi…just make it not password protected. Bathroom was fine but for a few decorative blemishes. TV was good and the cooked breakfast was excellent. However, the croissant and Danish pastries were hard. Reception staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. No room service available at 4pm.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thaiowl1963

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I loved everything about this hotel from the moment I walked through the doors, great decor, nice comfy bed. Fab shower. I loved the buffet breakfast and the fact that you had to order a full cooked breakfast, best scrambled eggs I have. Very accommodating! Staff were very friendly, higly recommend this and for the price, you get your moneys worth. Booked through booking.com.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank EThoughtsHQ
Ngkalavanas, Manager at The Eaton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear SabAbbasi,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words, which I will pass onto the team.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are always very pleased to receive feedback from our guests.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 24 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Ngkalavanas, Manager at The Eaton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Very nice, chic hotel.Lovely male receptionists -no task to big.Great food available.Set menu excellent value.Rooms very clean and modern.Delay with restaurant service on one of the evenings but much better the second.Nice toiletries and other amenities in room.Would def recommend.Very safe.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Piscesblue
Ngkalavanas, Manager at The Eaton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Piscesblue,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We welcome all feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff go the extra mile to ensure all our guests have a great stay with us. I am happy overall that you did, I will pass your comments onto the team too.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 May 2013

The staff were lovely and attentive and my room was spacious with a very pretty arched window. I ate in the restaurant for the evening meal and the food was fine. There are several chain restaurants further down the road, but as it was raining heavily, I didn't venture out. Just a few niggles, the cleaners could have been a bit more efficient (long lack hairs left in the shower tray, crumbs on the shower room floor, holes in the duvet cover and spill marks down the wall). I had a room with shower only, I don't know if any other rooms have baths, so if you really prefer a bath it is worth asking. The pillows were rock hard and sadly not for me, but if you like hard pillows, then they will be great for you. Neither I nor a colleague could get the WiFi to work (but my independent WiFi for my 'phone worked fine) and the walls are ready for a lick of paint to cover up the scuffs, but as a regular business traveller this is common in high traffic areas for hotels. Sleep was disrupted due to noisy/drunk guests, there seemed to be an event on - not really the fault of the hotel, but inconsiderate fellow travellers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank OneTudorRose

Dear BarnsleySunshine,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased overall that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your kind words to the team.

I am disappointed though, regarding your comment about your bedroom, please rest assured I will speak to our Head Housekeeper to find out why this has happened, if we knew this problem at the time, we could of have dealt with it prompt and offered you a different room. We also could off offered you softer pillows. Our cleaners have been working for us 15-20 years and work to high standards.

Your comment regarding wifi, if you contacted reception, we would be more than happy to assist you and your colleague.

Our night team do regular floor checks, if they were told that other guests were making noise at the time, we would of acting straight away.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your review. We take positive and if any negative comments on board at all times.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Saturday May 4th 2013, we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at the Eaton Hotel, it was by recommendation from friends, so glad we decided to hold it there, all of our guests said how much they enjoyed it, we were only 45 in number, from 89 years of age to 7, the food was outstanding, with menu choices of one or two fussy eaters catered for, the room was not very big, but absolutely fine for our needs, it looked beautiful, and much praise to Maria who from our first meeting with her to discuss what we wanted for our special day gave us every confidence that things would go well, which they did with absolutely nothing going wrong.
Many thanks Eaton Hotel for making our special day, special.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank anneelement
Ngkalavanas, Manager at The Eaton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear anneelement,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your 50th wedding anniversary here at the Eaton Hotel. I will personaly pass on your comments to the team and Maria of your kind words.

We do cater for all our guests needs and give our guests great value and service at all times.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I've stayed here many times on business trips. Have never been disappointed with any aspect of the hotel over a number of years.
Comfortable rooms, great food and good meeting room facilities. Free WiFi is a delight.
Very friendly, professional and efficient staff.
This hotel is able to deal with people that have allergies to certain foods very well with the chef providing different choices for meals to those displayed on the excellent menu. Room service is also terrific.
Can't praise this hotel and Maria enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret T
Ngkalavanas, Manager at The Eaton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear Margaret T,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased with your feedback left and I will pass your kind words to the team and Maria.

We pride ourselves on excellent food and service at all times, meeting all our guests needs.