“Wonderful staff, wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eaton Hotel

Eaton Hotel
Ranked #7 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful staff, wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Eaton hotel for one night last week and were very impressed.

The room was comfortable, spotless and had all the amenties we required including a hair drier, tea making facilties and an iron with board.

Just outside the city centre the hotel also benfited from free parking and they quickly arranged taxis for us when we required them.

The breakfast was very good with an excellent selection of continental options (on a buffet) including ham, cheese, breads, yoghurts, cereals and many fruits. The full English breakfast was also delicious. The lady serving the breakfast was incredibly professional and friendly and made us feel very welcome.

The staff on the reception desk were also lovely throughout our stay and even printed us off directions ot our next destination which we really appreciated.

Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
dubai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Ok it's a small cozy hotel but I cudnt understand all the hype in the reviews !!
This is a nice 3 story hotel with no concierge services, what no one tells is that each floor is split into mini levels so even tho u take the lift, u end up climbing up n down a few stairs which is very inconvenient if there is luggage
Location: far from city center but those w a car will enjoy the benefit of free parking
Rooms are spacious, good bathroom size - good amneties n free wifi
Additional heater in the room for convenience as main heating system does not work in October
Good breakfast - lovely people collecting orders
BUT
It seemed that the water heater was busted for the two days we stayed in - hence there was no hot water to shower with!!!!! No notification to the guests - no formal apology - nothing! I really found that very disappointing and lacking in customer service this is why am giving this hotel a 2
We also reported a problem with our sink drain - not fixed
Receptionists were not that friendly except the guy who checked us in

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marays
Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

New Years Eve 2011, my boyfriend (now husband) proposed to me, and 2 months later we had booked the Eaton Hotel. From that moment, right up until Sunday 25th August 2013, Rob Martin was INCREDIBLE and thought of everything.

As we had booked this hotel for our chosen wedding venue, my family, fiance and I decide to have all out celebration meals at the Eaton Hotel. So all birthdays and wedding anniversaries were spent here.

On Saturday 24th August, I got married, and the Eaton held the reception and the evening bash, and I couldn't have wished for it to go any better. Everything was perfect- and they were more than happy to have all my quirky ideas (bathroom baskets) put into play. Not only was the service amazing, the food- considering feeding 100 people, then a further 60 on the evening... EVERYBODY loved the food. No one has had a bad word to say against the food, and the drinks prices were more than reasonable.

My husband and I received the bridal suite and it was stunning, but the rooms my family were in were just as lovely, and as we were staying for dinner the following day, we were allowed late checkout. They were so accommodating, nothing was too much.

Not just for a wedding venue, but for the food and rooms alone. Amazing hotel, amazing staff, an it just goes to show you don't need to stay in a big fancy chain hotel to get the service!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tara P
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

An over-night stay, but what a great one! My room was on the 1st floor, with a view over the parking lot - I was bit surprised at the maze-like route to get to it, but even more surprised to find such a large room. It was uber-comfortable with bedlinens that were that were a perfect mix of 'crisp' and 'soft', top of the line toileteries and a good tray of coffee and tea... The staff were friendly and helpful, making us feel much at home in the evening, and spoilt at breakfast.

Well situated for visiting the city of Birmingham, I encourage people to stay at this bijou hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Retford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I spent the weekend together with my partner to celebrate a friends wedding. The reception ws held at the hotel which is why we choose it. It is well placed near to the city centre and its amenities but we were warned that the front facing onto Hagley Road can be noisy. Upon our arrival we had been given a front room and our E-mail had been lost. That said the wonderful receptionist couldnt have been more helpful immediately sorting an alternative. This first room was a small double with a wet room, ok I thought but my partner had different ideas, the room was however spotlessly clean. A trip back to reception saw us offered two alternatives. the room we chose, other than its unenspiring carpark view (what do you expect in a city) the room was fantastic. The bed was comfortible, the room clean and warm. fantastic couple of nights. The only draw back, as highlighted by other reviewers, was noise from other residents, but again a city centre hotel on a weekend will be noisy.
The breakfast was plentiful with fruit, continental and cooked. The full english was ample and well cooked although the bacon and mushrooms were a little overdone for me personnally.
The reception food was excellent, of good quality and quantity. The bar prices were fair for the location and type of premises.
Would definitely stay again if in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room to reduce noise from the busy main road outside.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is the hotel that all hotels should be patterned after. My room was wonderful. I felt safe and welcomed. This was the first hotel to offer a security safe in the room. Is was GREAT! The Staff was wonderful and made me feel so much at home, that I was sad when I had to leave. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. When the deskclerk came up to help me with my bags, for the taxi, he noted that a left money on the side. He was surprised that I left the amount that I did. I informed him that the staff who looked after me and my belongings desired it.

The Front Desk was knowledgeable and helpful beyond meaure. The resturant facility was great, spacious, and a gourmet delight. The staff was warm and wonderful, even if I was the last one to come down for breakfast.

The Eaton is the home away from home. I strongly suggest anyone make reservation early, because the word will get out. This is a class of the hotel that is superior to all of the rest.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

First impressions are good. Clean, modern with a friendly greeting on arrival. Our room was very nice and at the back of the hotel away from the busy main road. Great until we tried to get some sleep. Guests leaving a birthday party shouting and banging car doors till late. The paper thin walls meant we heard conversations from the rooms next door and the television in the next room sounded like it was in our room. His film finally finished at 1.30am to be replaced by music from another room. Breakfast was very ordinary. If you didn't want cooked then the buffet choice was limited. A shame because the hotel promised much but failed to deliver

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple