All reviews hagley road city centre breakfast was excellent lovely hotel good size room was spacious busy road visiting birmingham ironing board great shower business trip night's sleep saturday night stayed for one night barclaycard arena good nights sleep tea and coffee
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice clean hotel, very welcoming and informative staff who had appointed us a quiet room as asked. She also informed us that they had a wedding there on the Saturday so advisable to arrive at breakfast before 9.30am on the Sunday to ensure a seat. Breakfast wasn't that great with very bland poached eggs, limp toast and ok'ish service. A good 30min walk to the centre so not ideal if you want pubs/clubs on your doorstep but far enough away to avoid the hustle and bustle. Would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car park if you want a quiet room.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

From start to finish we were left impressed by the staff of the Eaton Hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, they were both genuinely friendly and helpful, this coupled with clean and smart rooms made our 2 night stay at the Eaton Hotel one that we thoroughly enjoyed. The restaurant served good quality food at reasonable prices, we ate off the table d'hote menu which offered 3 courses with tea or coffee for £20 to residents. With the respect to the rooms a mini bar/fridge would have been nice but the rooms are comfortable and the shower/bathroom was top notch, all in all we were most impressed and would return.

1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A lovely hotel with very friendly staff. We had a late dinner on arrival and found the restaurant staff very attentive, friendly and helpful.We found the breakfast lady to be very abrupt and loud mannered though. On Saturday morning she seemed to be more friendly with the older couple at the table next to us which we assume was because we are a younger couple and the average age of the hotel guests did seem to be over 50's so I suppose we weren't their usual type of guests. When I listed the items that I wanted from the breakfast from the menu, she abruptly cut me and said 'so you want the full english?' With my fiancé we laughed thinking 'wow, do we need to apologise for not ordering the 'correct way'? I'm wheat and lactose intolerant and asked if they had any Soya milk which they didn't. The breakfast lady informed me to let them know in advance next time but it was a shame she didn't offer to get some in for Sunday morning. The downside for us was that breakfast ends at 10 am on a Sunday. Coming from London this seems rather early to end breakfast on a Sunday morning! Our mistake we thought breakfast ended at 11 am and arrived for breakfast at 10.10 on Sunday to be told they weren't serving breakfast anymore. The breakfast lady said we could help ourselves to the cereal and fruit but this wasn't appealing to me and being wheat intolerant I don't eat cereals anyway (and the buffet table looked like the kind of breakfast you get at a cheap travelodge) and she didn't even offer us any tea or coffee. We decided to leave and she told us that she had asked for some toast to be made for us, so I suppose she did try and it was our mistake for not looking into exactly what time breakfast ends. I think coming from London we probably have high expectations but all in all this was a lovely hotel, very clean. A special thank you to the receptionist. A lovely lady.

2  Thank Erica_B1979
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great customer service, with really friendly staff, spacious modern rooms. In room wifi with own personal code.

The bar, garden and dining areas were lovely.

Really good value for money and highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo L
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Took the family here for evening meal friendly staff and food was tasty and choice on menu was ample. Would definitely go back highly recommend the restaurant .Didn't stop so can't comme on rooms sorry .

• Stayed: August 2014