“Not Good”

Tinseltown Star City
Ranked #1,569 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Diner, Central American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham
“Not Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visited once before, had a cheeseburger - it was pretty bad, worse than the average fast food franchise and miles below other places in Birmingham that sell handmade burgers for the same price (usually less). Fries were terrible, just your average frozen factory fries.

Went here again (not my choice!) and decided I'll take a chance and try the hotdog, it wasn't bad. I asked one of the staff, who was very helpful and went back into the kitchen a few times to follow up on our queries regarding the menu, and he said they made the hotdogs themselves at one of their factories. I was apprehensive because let's face it, hotdogs are an abomination of food but I trusted it wouldn't be that bad. It wasn't, actually - it was quite good! From what I could tell, it was 100% beef as the menu advertised. Came on a bun that was too soggy to pick up, but whatever sauce it was that did this was pretty tasty. Melted cheese was like an undercooked pizza but it wasn't disgusting despite that description. Fries were the same.

Dunno about the milshakes, I tried a bit from someone else, it was nice but I guess it's just personal preference that the numerous milkshake bars dotted around Birmingham that sell their own for less than half the price are better, but other people I was with seem to like theirs and I can't form a decent opinion on it.

Restaurant was loud and I was glad to get out of there. You have to queue right next to the kitchen door when ordering which means getting ushered aside every time staff cut through.

Overall, the food isn't very good yet quite expensive. I wouldn't go again if I have a choice but I'd have the hotdog again if I had to. Stay away from the beef burgers though, probably the worst burger I've ever payed for.

• Visited April 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Half a Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

On three seperate occasions we tried to get into this place but the long waiting time put us off so on all three occasions we went elsewhere!

Thinking the long queues equalled excellent experience we tried a fourth day and made it inside!!

However that's as far as we got as we only wanted a dessert and the dessert choice was pretty boring so we left!. Hence the 'Half a Review'

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Seb_and_Charles
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Live the dream”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

After visiting the cinema my friend and I were attracted by the american diner style Restaurant.The menu had a good selection with free sides and dips. The Shakes looked good (watched them being made) however I felt it would be too filling so we ordered a fanta £1.99 and I had a Lemonade with mint £2.33 it was rubbish tastless and warm although it had 4 lumps of ice it seems to be some cheap cordial
On the plus side my friend and I both enjoyed our main meal

• Visited May 2014
Willenhall, United Kingdom
“It's all about those milkshakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The food is nice, don't get me wrong, but those milkshakes are fabulous. I've been three times now and figured it was time for a review.
I've told a lot of people about Tinseltown and will continue to do so.
No service issues, no food issues.
My only gripe is they do the daft happy birthday thing like the Americans and its way over the top and annoying.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MartinCherry
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Only ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very loud. Staff could do with some customer training they looked bored, but the food was great. Food came very very quickly, too quickly, we only just finished our starters and our mains were plonked in front of us, even before they'd cleared the table.

• Visited April 2014