“BEST HOTEL IN BIRMINGHAM BY A COUNTRY MILE.”

Malmaison Birmingham
Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
SOLIHULL
“BEST HOTEL IN BIRMINGHAM BY A COUNTRY MILE.”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here on 23 July 2011 , the room was 733 and it was SPOTLESS . I booked it for our wedding anniversary and I mentioned this to the reception when I booked it 3 weeks before and they had not forgot this when we got to the room to find a complimentary bottle of wine and some chocolate dipped strawberries , nice touch.

We decide to eat in the hotel on the evening and we were so not disappointed, the service /atmosphere and the quality of the food was first class. The staff were very busy as it was full but they paid attention to us all evening .

In fact I found everyone in the hotel to be friendly and helpful and we will definitely be going back again. Thankyou Malmaison for making our anniversary so special.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed here for one night as my wife and I took my Mum to see 'We will rock you' at the Hippodrome for her birthday. We arrived too early to check in so left our luggage with reception while we went to the matinee show. We checked in afterwards, but the service was a little slow. I asked for adjoining rooms which we had, but when we got inside there was a leak in the bathroom ceiling above the bath in my Mum's room. On the way out for dinner I asked a reception if they could get someone to fix it while were out. But on our return the ceiling was still leaking! I was disappointed with the service but left it as it was 10pm and fortunately the leak was above the bath. I ordered 2 double rooms but one room had 2 single beds pushed together, poor show. The air conditioning was very loud in both rooms but was necessary to keep cool. Breakfast was good, especially the hot chocolate! The only fault I found is that the cooked breakfast does not include hash browns and baked beans, criminal. Check out was simple as I had paid in advance. The hotel is ideal for shopping or seeing a show and I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Mailbox are best as they are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Well appointed hotel in the centre of Birmingham, with a large easily accessible car park immediately next door, convenient for all the shopping malls and local bars. Room was a spacious, well furnished with a half decent attempt at quirky interior design. Bathroom was nicely kitted out with an easily accessible, decent flow shower that managed not to leak all over the floor. TV was a good size and easy to navigate around. The wi-fi was also easy to access, the large bed very comfortable and it was quiet. All the staff were very polite, smiley and helpful. The choice provided at breakfast, hot dishes and cold buffet which was included in the £109 price - did the job. The bar was pretty lively in the evening and seemed to be a meeting point for non residents as well. All in all, a great place to stay in a central location - and it was good value for money compared to other nearby hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We spent two nights here April 2011. The hotel itself is fairly contemporary and attracts a crowd that are shopping/going out.
The room was a decent size and a bit dusty!
There is a bar that attracts a dressed up student crowd and young professionals - ok for a pre dinner drink. Breakfast is served in a cramped restaurant area. the breakfast was very good...once it arrived. There appeared to be an air of lack of organisation on the Saturday morning - maybe because everyone was in the restaurant at the same time but I suppose this is to be expected of a city centre hotel. Sunday morning breakfast was a bit better although food was not replenished quickly enough. once it has run out leaving less choice. All in all, the food was very good.
The hotel is next door to The Mailbox- upmarket shopping and lots of restaurants at the canal. A nice spot. You don't really need to go any further.
The Bullring, the main shopping centre/Selfridges is a 10 min walk.
There is ample parking either at the Mailbox or across the road in the multi storey. the train station is a 5-10 min walk.
We got a good B&B deal with superbreak .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Having tried a number of Birmingham hotels whilst staying on business, I decided to try Malmaison this time and had a really positive experience! I arrived late evening after a long days work and having woken at 3am for a 6am flight so was weary on check in. Thankfully that was not an issue! I was welcomed and my check in was smooth and pleasant. The reception area was very quaint with lighting candles and friendly service. My room was spotless and very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep in pleasant surroundings. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to making it my number one choice for my upcoming trips to Birmingham. The location is really central and I couldn't fault anythnig at this lovely hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Thank mrs.mops
Birmingham
Reviewed 18 July 2011

From the moment we checked in we were made to feel special. The room was beautiful and very clean BUT i would like to make one minor complaint I do think that ONE member of the bar staff could do with some customer service training as he was unhelpful and patronising BUT forgetting that minor point (it was one person, everyone else was so polite and helpful) we had a wonderful time in the Malmaison and are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Stayed here one night on business.

Room :
- In shape and size a standard business room, but well decorated, with good shower and bath
- Comfy bed, high above the city, so no noise in the night

Hotel :
- Location was very good - a few minutes walk from the station and city centre
- We had cocktails in the bar which was good - managed not to have a "business hotel" atmosphere
- Friendly staff lent everyone umbrellas from a stock they had
- Room rate appeared very good value

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business