Malmaison Birmingham
    • Breakfast included
    • Bar/Lounge
    • Pool
    2,569 results
    All reviewsharvey nicholsmailbox car parkmini barmail boxhotel bargood sizehot breakfaststandard roomafternoon teaclub roombars and restaurantscity centresaturday nightnew street stationlovely roomstayed for one nightfull english
    Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed last night with some friends!
    My room rate was £225 + £24 for breakfast so we where expecting something rather special!
    Was I disappointed can't see what all the fuss is about this place it's nothing special as far as I'm concerned! Earlier in the year we stayed in the crowne plaza next door an tbh this is no better apart for May be a nicer bar, but I payed £98 with breakfast at the crowne,
    Rooms are average as far as I can see,breakfast was rubbish, ordered eggs Benedict came out cold as did the tea, so myself and my wife sent ours back, our friends was as bad but they couldn't be bothered to send there's back! To be fair the staff are good and changed it for fresh ones but by the time it came back the moment had gone!
    On check out they did deduct the price of the breakfast with out any fuss and genuine apology but at £225 I should think so !
    Will I stay again no just wasn't value for money and was disappointing experience,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
    Stephen W, General Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your post.
    I am disappointment to read of your review as this is not the impression we wish to provide and hope for all our guests to return time and time again to us! It is positive to read our staff did listen and try to resolve where they could. Our Mal breakfast is definitely a highlight to stay with us due to the choice and quality so I apologise you did not experience this on this occasion.
    We do hope you choose to stay with us again, as I am confident you will notice a marked improvement.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed at the malmaison on 30th November 2013. I found the place a bit dingy, much black furniture, low lighting, bit depressing. Our room (534) was a typical hotel chain box, but it had no safe, I thought all hotels had them these days (Apparently there is only one floor of rooms with safes, so you have to specifically ask for a room with a safe if you want one. We didn't find this out until the next day when we checked out). Also there were some nasty stains on our bedroom carpet. It looked like someone had drunk too much red wine then been unwell on the way to the bathroom.
    The bed was comfortable though which was a plus. It is very central (right next to the mailbox shopping complex). You get a discount on the mailbox overnight parking rate. Breakfast was nice but not remarkable. We visited the bar in the late evening, which was very busy and noisy, not a place to go if you want to talk to someone, but a good lively atmospheric place if you want to have a drink and use semaphore or shout. The toiletries were nice.
    Overall, the place was a bit un impressive for the price we paid. Won't go there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Your feedback is very valuable to us work towards providing our customers the great ‘Mal’ experience. Continuous maintenance is existent in the hotel so provisions will be looked into on the points you have highlighted. Rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor offer safes, just let us know in advance and we can always assign rooms to your requests.
    Our Mal bar is very popular as we are well placed within the city and offer some amazing drinks and cocktails.
    Your constructive comments have been very worthwhile and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

A spacious and luxurious room with a huge bed which was incredibly comfortable and of the highest quality; friendly, professional, knowledgable and helpful staff, who were attentive, but unobtrusive; great spa treatments carried out by skilled people in a relaxing environment, brilliant food in the restaurant (we ate there on both evenings and despite it being a large group, the food was prompt and really delicious and good value given it's quality), wonderful breakfast, a great bar serving some fabulous cocktails and with a great buzz to it.... The list goes on. We will be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mikey,
    Thank you for your ‘outstanding’ review of the hotel.

It is a real pleasure to read your comments your recent visit to Mal Birmingham and glad you had chance to experience all the great services we have to offer.

We very much look forward to your return stay with us

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Had an amazing stay at this hotel went for a birthday present for my boyfriend and I must say the staff was all excellent, the food was great and the room we stayed in was huge and looked over Birmingham, would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
    Stephen W, General Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Ellie,

Thank you for your review. Glad it was a perfect treat for celebrating your boyfriend’s birthday and pleased our staff made your stay so special.
    Look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Has to be one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms are large and comfortable. The staff are excellent and the food is good.
    It's the little touches that make a difference. Whilst in the lift heading down for breakfast, I could the eye of a passing chambermaid and she smiled and said good morning as she walked past the lift. It may be insignificant but it's things like that that make the difference for me.
    Fantastic breakfast by the way and noon checkout. Awesome!!
    Can't wait to head back next year!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Good Evening,
    I am so pleased to read your great review and the experience you had with us! We want to make all our guests feel extra special when they visit Mal Birmingham.
    Our team really appreciated your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014!