“Lovely relaxing stay ”

Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Holmfirth, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing stay ”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights for work and i had a lovely stay. The room was really comfortable and spacious and had a great view of the city. I also used the gym and spa, both of which were small but very well equipped.

The highlight though was the breakfast, there was a very good cold selection and then an excellent menu of hot breakfast dishes. The eggs Benedict was particularly good.

While I do agree with some of the other comments about the decor starting to get a bit tired, this didn't detract too much from the hotel for me.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Christopher S
Jamie M, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your comments regarding your recent stay with Malmaison Birmingham, we are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing stay and that you enjoyed our fantastic mal breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind regards

Jamie Moss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was very disappointed with my recent stay here.
On arrival reception staff were rude and disinterested, they went out of their way to be awkward.
On entering the room shocked to find the bed cover all stained.
Despite do not disturb notice - I had reports to write - I was interrupted twice.
Room was dark with no view except other aspects of the building.
On check out I found none of the information given at check in had been noted so all had to be gone through again making it lengthy.
This is not the usual standard from this chain and I was shocked by the standard set - I will loom elsewhere in Birmingham next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dawn h
Bishop's Stortford
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Good rooms, good but expensive restaurant....reasonable wine list with very good selection by the glass. WiFi not good enough for business use and really needs to be upgraded. High staff turnover. Safe but expensive parking. Near the canal and Mailbox which offers a good selection of cheaper dining options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The service and attitude in the hotel was good, but the hotel itself is tired. The carpets are worn the rooms are a little ragged around the edges and the bathroom has a little ingrained dirt.
The wi-fi might as well not have existed, it never registered close to half a meg.
The room wasn't cleaned properly dirty glasses were left in the room and the bathroom was not cleaned. This was despite us calling reception and their reassuring us that housekeeping would come and redo the room and clear the glasses away - it never happened.
Generally the room was comfortable, though my wife the bed was too hard.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

As a brand, Malmaison never fails to deliver and this time was no different. From the prompt, warm welcome at reception, beautifully designed and kept room, and (the deal breaker) a good shower(!) I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed for my 50th 5th & 6th July 2014. We upgraded to a junior suite and I have say the whole experience was great. Well done Malmaison team. The service was brilliant and I was made to feel special from the outset. Breakfast was really nice also. All in all we had a great experience and will be going back again in the future.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a junior suite on the 7th floor and it was great. Our adult kids each had a standard...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I thought I had tried the best of fine dinning in Birmingham but I'm a little disappointed with myself for leaving it so long before visiting here. But guess its a blessing in disguise as I may not have gone anywhere else if I had know how good it would be.

From the point of calling to make a reservation through to leaving, the experience was fabulous. I have to say our waiter (Andrew) was excellent, very knowledgable about the menus and complementing wines.

Being a self acclaimed steak connoisseur I was a little disappointed the menu only offered Rump and New York Strip steaks, but my apprehensions were proven wrong. The Lollipop Chicken was delicious, New York Strip cooked to perfection and a gorgeous Cheese cake to top it all off.

Will defiantly be visiting again soon.

You may even get to see a celeb.. Jeremy Kyle was sat on the next table to us... which made it my wife's best dinning experience so far.

Stayed July 2014