“Malmaison hotel and restaurant review”

Malmaison Birmingham
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I recently stayed at Malmaison in Birmingham, I got one of the summer offers with a room, a 2 course meal and a bottle of wine for £99!, I have stayed here previously and would come back again and again, I told the hotel the reason I was going was to celebrate my boyfriends college results and they left a lovely card and some complimentary chocolates. The hotel is very clean and luxurious service was amazing. We had dinner at the restaurant I would recommend the steak and the hot chocolate dessert, Ben our waiter was amazing and went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable service was fast and enjoyable, would definitely recommend! and if you eat at the restaurant request ben :)

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JESSICA M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,438)

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed and ate here over the weekend and like all the others mals this one is no differnt first class quality all round the decor and furniture are of the highest quality and the food is exceptional, as is always you get what you pay for, in the perfect location too to reach local theatres ect

Stayed: July 2014
Jamie M, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay at Malmaison Birmingham. We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and I will ensure that your comments are relaid to the team here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Arrived after getting lost for about half an hour driving around birmingham - it might just be me but finding the mailbox isn't the easiest, and all the birmingham road works arent helping.

On arrival I had to wait whilst two staff talked to each other about something or other which was annoying. The hotel is nice, rooms are nice, but the service just isnt prompt or friendly.

We were having a meeting in the hotel and again service just always slightly laking. A few times i wanted some assistance and there was no-one available in te meetings area so i had to go downstairs to the main reception. And requests took ages to action.

In the meeting room there was a serious lack of power sockets - which was a bit odd for a business meeting.

I lke Malmaison - but the one in birmingham just doesnt meet the standards.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us.

I would very much like to discuss your comments further so that we can take action to improve our offering. If you are prepared to do this please drop me a line at dgm.birmingham@malmaison.com so that we can proceed.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nice room, great location, offers are great when you can get them on the room rates.
A few things could be done better, ceilings in bathroom need a refresh. Best example of the mixed bag; Saturday mornings breakfast was perfect (eggs Benedict with bacon), Sunday mornings breakfast, exactly the same but served cold, one egg was virtually hard boiled and bacon was over cooked. No point complaining as the staff were rushed off their feet.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay with us, I was sorry to hear that your experience at breakfast was inconsitant and I will be reviewing your comments with our Food and Beverage team to ensure that we are making the necesarry imrprovements swiftly.

kind regards and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon .

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Love the location of this hotel. The rooms are funky but need a bit updating now, maybe a refurbishment is due soon,

The reception staff of lovely and happy to help, however the bar staff need to smile a bit more.The problem is the bar is very popular with non-hotel guests so it feels like as a guest you are not valued as much.

I would always return just for the location being at the entrance of the mailbox.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thankyou for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us. I will be reviewing your comments along with the rest of our managment team in order to make improvements where necessary.

I am however delighted to inform yo that we will be refurbishing our bedrooms in ther coming months with an exciting new look.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Visiting Birmingham on business and took in a concert ..Daryl Hall & John Oates (80's) and elected to stay at Malmaison the Mailbox....didn't disappoint ! Arrived and found I had a contract in my email to print scan and return....the warm and welcoming young receptionist handled it with ease, and went out of her way to deliver . I spent a great day visiting old haunts in a taxi to return to a welcome glass of
champagne expertly delivered in the bar . The music is perfect, the atmosphere spot on. I had a superb dinner in the restaurant and want to highly commend Ben my waiter...great menu knowledge , wonderful professional service .... Management should keep an eye on him .....could go far ! A 10/10 experience

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mannings10

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent visit to Birmingham Malmaison, we are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team at the the hotel.

kind regards and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Good things: Close to Birmingham Train station, Neat & Clean, Good Sleep, Large rooms, Gym, Good Breakfast
Bad Things:Limited and expensive in-room dining, gym room is small, there's no jacuzzi (just a spa). For the money other hotels nearby can provide more.
Overall, good for a business stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay. We will be reviewing your comments and looming at some of the areas highlighted to see if we can improve them in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon