“Book your stay and meal now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Book your stay and meal now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have experienced staying at Hotel La Tour, 2 meals at Alto and the high tea. All of which have been amazing! Checking in was simple and the staff were very friendly and helpful, our hotel room was high tech, extremely clean and to a really high standard, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!

Alto is modern and a breath of fresh air. It's nice to eat wonderful food but not to be surrounded by pretentious people. Love the wine list on the ipad too! (the bar man makes a mean mojito too)
I did find it very hard to choose what to eat though as everything looks so delicious and you never had to wait too long for your food. The waiters are friendly and always there when you need them, I enjoyed watching the chefs cooking in the kitchen. If you are having a girly day out shopping I would definatly regiment their High tea and maybe even a cheeky glass of their champagne!
Right I'm going to stop going on now. All in all I would rate all of my experiences at Hotel La Tour as excellent and I would recommend it to you all! Enjoy :-)

• Stayed August 2012
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Glad to hear you had such a good time at Hotel la Tour and Aalto Restaurant! The quality of customer service is very important to us here and I am pleased to hear customer compliments which reflect this effort. Hope to see you on your next visit to the restaurant. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Thai first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked a package deal for a 2-course evening meal, breakfast, and overnight stay which served us perfectly for a last minute overnight stay. The staff were all really friendly and helpful, the room was a good size with a lovely bathroom. Unfortunately there was no radio/music facility to plug into but that was a minor detail. The restaurant and bar was really modern and had a great selection of cocktails & wine, and the food was fabulous! We had a wonderful evening and it was close enough to the train station to walk but there was absolutely no noise at all! I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel deserves a much higher rating than 13th in Birmingham, I'd put it 1st for sure. I've been here on business looking after a fairly lively corporate group of 80 and the hotel didn't put a foot wrong. Communication between departments has been excellent, and it's so apparent that the staff enjoy working here too. They seem to have mastered that balance of being professional and yet warm and friendly which is so rare these days. A request for gluten free bread and vegetarian sausages was immediately fielded and delivered to the breakfast table, and yesterday when I explained I had no time for breakfast, a takeaway with my must-have green tea was instantly offered and very gratefully accepted. Staff working on reception don't stay pinned behind their desk and show a huge degree of flexibility which would put some well know concierge desks to shame. I shall look forward to the proposed expansion of this brand and hope to return here on a personal basis sometime soon. Thank you Adrian and everyone at the hotel who made my life so much easier these last three days.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the pedestrianised area to get the least disturbance from early morning/ l...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
The whole team at Hotel La Tour Birmingham are working hard to deliver excellent customer service so it's particularly welcoming to hear you had such a great time: I will make sure your comments are passed on to all the team and Adrian .
Kind regards Jane Riley
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

When I told a colleague we'd be spending our Saturday night at a hotel in central Birmingham the response went something along the lines of "You're not expecting to get any sleep, are you?". La Tour couldn't be much more central, the vista from our top floor 'Executive' room being of Moor Street station, the Rotunda and the Bullring shopping centre. All the sights of the city but with none of the associated sounds - I'm glad to say we were not disturbed by any traffic noise or revellers.

The hotel is thoroughly modern throughout. On the face of it the self check-in system is a good idea; it's fairly straightforward to use and there were helpful staff who quickly came to assist us as we tried to check in using our Secret Escapes offer. On leaving the hotel kindly stored our heavy bags for us while we explored the city so that we could return and collect them later that day before catching the train home (New Street station is only a short walk so we did not drive). Unfortunately because there's only one person on the small reception desk and quite a queue of guests arriving, we ended up waiting about 15 minutes just to collect them again - luckily we had time to spare!

The room itself was extremely comfortable, clean and more than adequately equipped for our one night stay, if a little small compared to some hotels I've stayed at for a similar rate. We had assumed that there would be a bath at the room. Unfortunately my partner has a disability that makes it difficult for her to stand and use a shower, so that would normally influence our choice when choosing a hotel room.

Breakfast was good, although nothing on the evening menu took our fancy and we ended up eating elsewhere - which wasn't a problem with all the usual restaurant chains competing for business nearby.

Small gripes aside this really is a hotel to consider if staying in the centre of Birmingham. The staff are generally friendly and helpful, rooms peaceful and comfortable, and location ideal.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about waiting at reception which we are addressing. Kind regards, Jane Riley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed here on the 1/9/2012. The check-in desk is modern and interactive. The security around this hotel makes you feel that your protected, especially in a city centre hotel. Our room was lovely and when I woke up, you would not of known you were in the middle of Birmingham as the rooms were lovely and quiet. Dinner in the evening was a pleasant unrushed service, but it was attentive. Wine list comes on an iPad, which is great that the hotel is embracing today's technology that it has available. Food was fabulous. Cannot fault it. Breakfast was similar to dinner and the buffet never ran out of items which was great as the kitchen brigade could see it at all times. My only feedback is that the preserves could also have a selection by where the croissants are as these were over the other side by the toast. If not a little sign to advise would be good near their as my partner advised me where to go after I said I could not find them. Other than that........Wonderfull and I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

What a fantastic place, trendy decor, great service throughout the hotel, with really friendly staff.Rooms spacious, clean and full of gadgets. Breakfast well worth having. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley
west midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

My self and my wife stayed here for our anniversary. Hotel was spotless, bed was the best hotel bed we have ever stayed in and the staff were very friendly and helpful . We will definitely be going again. Lets hope it keeps up its standards. Well done Hotel Latour.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley