Clayton Hotel Birmingham
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
2,630 results
All reviewshotel la tourselfridges car parktouch screenmoor street stationcity roommodern hotelchop housesecret escapeswhite company toiletriesexecutive roombull ringcity centreafternoon teamod conswalk in showerexcellent hotelconference facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I am going to give a good review as we enjoyed this modern hotel and the restaurant meal, but there were one or two glitches.
We stayed for one night on a Groupn deal which included £20 per person off the evening meal. It is easy to find (we went by train) as it is close to Moor Street station and you can't miss its large modern outline. Reception was friendly and efficient (we thought) though they appeared not to inform the restaurant of our dinner reservation. The room was spacious with a comfortable bed and good size bathroom. The view was nothing special, but not too worried about that. However the air con did not seem to work as I could not get the room temp below 24C and the TV was a complete mystery. It did not appear to respond to the remote control and if we got a programme it was more luck than judgement. And why then was it BBC East and not West Midlands?
We arrived at the Aalto restaurant at the time reserved, but they had no record of us. Unfortunately we also arrived at the same time as two large corporate groups. We waited nearly 45 minutes for bread to arrive and it was obvious that the kitchen was struggling to meet the orders from the groups. Having said that, when the food did come (and it was quick enough once they got going on our order) it was very good. My wife had sea bass and I had cock-a -leekie pie as main courses. The wine is pricey, I saw nothing under £22 and we settled for a French viognier/sauvignon which was tasty if expensive at £29.You order the wine from an IPad which is perhaps a step too far when it comes to perusing a wine list.
Breakfast was nearly faultless with a good choice from the buffet, albeit it could have been a bit hotter. The waitress was very nice and helpful though.
Despite these niggles we liked the hotel and the modern clean feel to it. The staff go out of their way to be friendly and I hope they can address some of the little things I have mentioned. It makes an excellent location for a city break (close to the big shops) or a business stopover.

Room Tip: if the view matters, try to get one overlooking Selfridges.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, I have noted your comments about which I am addressing. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 17 September 2012

As you would expect from a new hotel it's very modern and contemporary in design and decoration. For me, however, the real bonus was the staff. I have never seen such a happy team, nothing was too much trouble and everything done with a smile.

A couple of tips that might help you, when you hold the room key/card against the outside sensor it goes green, You then need to push the door open not, like we did, try to turn the round handle !

Car parking, there is a small "pull in" outside the hotel to drop off your bags etc, to get to the Selfridges car park just drive under the railway bridge and the entrance is immediately on the left. £5.00 for overnight parking, just get reception to validate your card and pay in the car park machine.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

The whole team at Hotel La Tour Birmingham work hard to deliver excellent customer service so it's particularly welcoming to hear you had such a great time, and that you noticed this through the team I'll make sure your comments are passed on. Kind regards Jane Riley

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I have organised a workshop at the Hotel La-Tour on 13th September 2012. If you are looking to organise a workshop in Birmingham or you just need a small room for a business meeting, than this is the perfect place! The location is perfect, is only 7 minutes’ walk from Birmingham New Street Station, the food is excellent and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. The communication with the hotel was excellent. They are all very helpful, all you need to do is just ask and they will accommodate all your needs. The meeting room we had was very spacious, perfect for the number of delegates we had (30), illuminated with big windows and very comfortable; also fitted with the latest technology. I have also stayed at the hotel the night before the workshop and had dinner in Aalto restaurant. The room is very comfortable and clean and the food was fabulous! I will recommend Hotel La-Tour for business or pleasure and is definitely on the top of my list for future workshops or just a night out in Birmingham!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Really enjoyed the great service and luxurious feel to the hotel.
Breakfast was good quality. Would look forward to returning to the hotel.
We stayed in a City Room which was more than adequate for us, with all the latest technology and good quality furnishings and fittings.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 15 September 2012

A fantastic sleek and modern hotel, with the latest technology throughout. An ideal location for New Street Station, The Bullring and a night out in Birmingham. A superbly stylish property with ultra modern facilities, outstanding staff members and everything you could wish for in hotel stay. Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley