“Brilliant stay”

Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Staffordshire
“Brilliant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed over for one night whilst on a night out in Birmingham. Very stylish and modern. The check in is all high tec. Our room was lovely and had really good views over Birmingham. The rain shower was fab and a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was great and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Immaculate throughout. Very easy to get into the city and parking the car was easy as you park on Selfridges ( about a 10 min walk from the hotel ) and get your ticket and have it approved by the hotel and it will only cost you £5 for 24hrs. A really good deal for city centre parking.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Thai first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

This hotel is an excellent standard. Good value for money.

Our room was extremely comfortable. It was very quiet, we could not hear the noise from the road.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly.

We had an excellent stay and would certainly be happy staying there again.

Only downside was no newspapers.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham, but sorry if you had the impression that newspapers are not available as this is a standard offering, I hope we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

This Hotel is centrally located and close to the Stations. It is very modern and stylish. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The place is immaculate throughout - with modern fittings and stylish decorations. My room was on the 7th floor and had a view out over part of the City - although largely just looking onto another high rise apartment block. My room was large and well fitted - with a really nice bathroom. My stay was let down a little by the amount of ambient road noise and the noise from the lift every time it was used. The bathroom had a stunning walk in shower - but this was let down a little by the water not having much pressure and heat. I ate in the restaurant which I was able to book on line - and had to change with my train running late - all very easy to do and staff very helpful. The restaurant is stylish and spacious. The food was OK - although more about presentation than taste in my opinion - and they delivered the main course before the starter (although they did take this off the bill when I pointed this out.)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Hello Simon
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the shower pressure which we have since addressed. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies with regard to your experince at dinner in Aalto Restaurant and hope the action on the night proves we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel La Tour, Birmingham and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed over the Hotel La Tour just for one night. The purpose of my travel was a conference within the Hotel. Although I had enough time to have lunch, dinner and try the bar. I have to say that everything was just very, very good. I can't really point downsides (maybe the hot breakfast buffet didn't have much choice, but it was very good though). Check in was very quick and a smiley gentleman behind the desk cheered me up since I got drenched in rain walking from the station. They have some nice computers for self check in/out but I did not use them. The room was just brilliant. I had the basic one but it was basic just in size. The atmosphere was very luxurious with wall-built-in flat screen, touch screen switches for lights and air-con, bathroom very warm style-tiled and cosy. Everything in the room was great. There also was a descrete cupboard for clothes, another one for ironing board. Many plugs were on the desk so that you could plug in whatever device and music or video would have been played in the big screen tv. I didn't have the chance to try that though. Bed was very comfortable. This is a point for me since find it very hard to sleep well when I'm away. The bed was stiff enough (I don't like sinky and wobbly mattresses), pillows very good. The restaurant (Aalto) was ok. Food was very good, only a few choiches in the menu but I didn't see that as an issue. Service attentive on both dinner and breakfast. Particularly pleased with the bar at night. The barman (I think his name is Paul) was quick and entertaining as well as very kind and polite (but he said he was leaving and opening his own bar). Overall satisfaction 10/10. If it happens to be in Birmingham again this will definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel La Tour for one night in mid August. As we didn't go on holiday this year, we thought we would treat ourselves to a nice break and enjoy some city centre pampering! When we got to the hotel, the staff were so friendly and accommodating, they couldn't do enough for us! We were checked in very quickly which was great as other hotels we have stayed at took a lifetime to check us in! When we got to our room we felt like we were in heaven! The room was a good size, nicely decorated and to top it all off, the bathroom-wow! We felt like we were in our own spa! We didn't eat in the restaurant that evening, but went down to the hotel bar for some drinks. The bar staff were excellent and very efficient! They even made us a cocktail based on different spirits/liqueurs that we liked! We were enjoying our drinks when a pianist came and started playing - that was a lovely touch! The atmosphere was quite lively but chilled at the same time and the pianist was excellent! The bed was a good size (no squabbling over who was taking up more room than the other) and one of the most comfy I have stayed in! I experience back pain in my lower back and the bed was very supportive and comfy too! The location is also great. Just a two minute walk (if that) from moor street and the bullring, and five minutes from new street you couldn't ask for much better! The price for the room I thought was great value for money (we were originally going to stay at Novotel on Broad Street, but they were charging £90+ a night per room, and the quality of their rooms were no where near as good as La Tours!) My boyfriends birthday is later this year and we can't wait to come back to La Tour for his birthday celebrations! Would highly recommend this hotel for couples!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank GraceF43
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to welcoming when you celebrate your boyfriends birthday. Kind regards, Jane Riley.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have spent two nights at Hotel La Tour this weekend. AMAZING. The service provided by all the staff we encountered was exemplary. We were fortunate to have booked through Groupon which gave us a two course meal in the hotel restaurant. I cannot tell you how impressed we all were by the meal we had. The food was incredible along with the knowledge shown by staff when we made enquiries. The restaurant manager Daniel was fabulous and incredibly attentive. I was particularly impressed by the Gin selection and also delicious cocktails which we all had the pleasure of tasting! The breakfast too was pretty spectacular. The twin rooms we had were great and absolutely spotless. Loved having an ironing board and iron in the room and White Company complimentary toiletries.

Location was perfect really close to the Bullring and also the two train stations (Moor Street and New Street).

Particular praise goes to reception staff Trey and Sarah who were brilliant and incredibly patient with me!

If anybody has the chance to take a stay at Hotel La Tour then please do. Sarah (receptionist) told us that they are going to open a hotel in Manchester. We are now thinking of going there once it is open, however, I would be really chuffed if we returned to Birmingham.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
The whole team at Hotel La Tour Birmingham are working hard to deliver excellent customer service so it's particularly welcome to hear you had such a great time: I'll make sure your comments are passed on, to Daniel, Trey and Sarah.Regards Jane Riley
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Wow! This hotel is a real treat, very modern, the rooms are beautiful, very clean and fresh, lots of polished chrome...lovely touches like The White Company toiletries. Big big bed, lots of squishy pillows, very comfortable night sleep. Quiet, even though you are in the City. Just a 2 minute walk to moor Street Station, new Street station and Bullring shopping. Very warm welcome, all the staff were excellent. Cannot find ANY fault with this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive room was beautiful....