“Hotel La Tour a little gem in the middle of BIRMINGHAM”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Recently visited this hotel for a shopping romantic break. This has only been open for 12 months and is just two minutes from the bullring shopping and Selfridges. Room was on the top floor looking over the city, room size was fine and a nice new bathroom with a large wet room shower. Large mirror in the bathroom and toiletries supplied were good. We stayed for two nights Friday and Saturday parking is at the moor street car park which is all of 4 minutes walk and to cost for the two days was £5 a good selling point for anyone who knows what is costs to park in Birmingham. Reception was very helpful when we tried to use the automatic check in this works well and produces a key card for thou there and then. If you require a second key card you only have to ask at the reception and they will gladly supply you with a second card. I travel a lot and when you stay at hotels and you don't even realise that the staff are there but you don't see them is one of the best indictments that you can give a hotel. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of variety and as much food as you can manage. Bar prices are reasonable for a hotel and the lounge is very comfortable with a very nice piano player from 6pm until 10pm each night I think. Overall a great stay at a very nice hotel, would certainly use this hotel again for my Birmingham trips.

• Stayed: May 2013
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves . I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stayd at hotel le tour for one night on the love BRUM offer. Really enjoyd my stay.my room was big plenty of room and like having a apartment.view of car park across the road where I parkd. View of bullring and the city. Bathroom was out of this world with a shower and a big deep bath to die for.with champange glassies and tv.i loved it. And be defo staying here again.ill be looking out for more offers.only down fall for me was wasnt much choices on the menu in restaurant and wasnt much choice on cocktail menu. X

• Stayed: May 2013

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Hotel La Tour Birmingham during your recent stay. Thanks very much for all your positive comments. We look forward to seeing you next time. Kind regards Jane Riley

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed only one night with my son and partner what I didn't like was that I make my booking online with extra bed in the room when I came to the room it wasn't there I called the reception but the gentelman told me that he can't make a extra bed in the room... so I asked him for a cot...he wasn't helpful. We came downstairs and I talk with receptionist she was really nice and she did help us. When we came from shopping I wanted to make a coffee but both cups were dirty.... there was dust on doors, behind TV, and on lamp, the glass on the table and the glass from shower wasn't been cleaned properly. The mirrors in the room had some spots. In overall the restaurant and reception is fantastic but housekeeping in this hotel don't meet the standarts of the 4* hotel......

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your thoughts, we really value your feedback, I have looked into the extra bed issue and can only apologise for the response you received from the gentleman on reception. it is never our intention to upset our guests. I will investigate your comments regarding the bedroom cleanliness with our housekeeper but I am really shocked with your feedback as cleanliness is something we pride ourselves on. I do hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stay at the La Tour regularly and find it very comfortable, friendly, with a very high spec of equipment and furnishings. The rooms are modern and the gadgets take a little while to work out but I do find they work well - the computerised check in system makes life simpler and avoids any queues at peak times, there is a good gym and the food is good but a bit overpriced. I can't fault the service, the La Tour team work really hard to address any issues - i had 2 members of the management team in the gym trying to sort the TV out within minutes of me moaning about it not working!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your other previous visits at Hotel La Tour Birmingham Adrian and myself look forward to welcoming you back again soon, but hopefully not in the gym fixing the television. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights as a treat and to do some shopping in Birmingham and what a treat staying here was!

Parking costs just £5 pounds in a local car park right near the hotel so thats for 24 hours or 3/4/5 days regardless if you leave it parked up.

I stayed in room 702 7th floor overlooking the Bullring in a exec room, The room was spotlessly clean and the staff could not say or do enough to make you feel welcome and at home here so I really don't understand some of the bad reviews on this hotel.

Just a minor gripe though.

Opened my bedroom door on night 2 of my stay and no newspaper as requested and paid for (so you think no big deal and go to breakfast) Only to find a rather strange looking couple in a room on the same floor at breakfast had helped themselves to it and there at the breakfast table reading it bold as brass (It had my room number on front page how I never said something i do not know) But one does have to question if you can't afford 55p for a paper what are you doing staying in La Tour?

The staff and myself had a good giggle about this though that was refreshing.

I still don't understand though why they never offered me a free 7 night stay to recover from my traumatic experience :-)

Room Tip: Stay on the 7th floor overlooking the bull ring :-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and your sense of humour does appeal to me! I hope we refunded your 55p. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Just returned from another visit to Hotel La Tour where we enjoyed Show stopper package. Great value for money! This must be the best hotel in Birmingham , staff are exceptional, food is terrific and the rooms are spotless . Many thanks to Karen for making our time there so special . We will be back!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jethen

Hasn't time flown since December and your last visit. The whole team at Hotel La Tour Birmingham are working hard to deliver excellent customer service so it's particularly welcome to hear you had such a great time yet again , it is always harder to impress the second time around: I'll make sure your comments are passed on to Karen and look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards Jane Riley

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Excellent hotel, rooms were fantastic really comfortable with all the necessary mod cons. The restaurant food was superb. The staff were all so nice and helpful. Great shopping a few minutes away at the bullring, will be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Park at Selfridges, get your ticket stamped by the hotel and then it only costs a fiver.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kate b

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley