“Another great stay”

Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Notts
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for the second time at this hotel in the 7th of Jan and it's definitely a cut above where we've stayed else where in Birmingham (only the hotel du vin comes close). We booked late on the day of arrival under the 'love brum' package, total cost £95,the room costs £25 and then you have £70 to spend in the hotel but you can't use it on room service or breakfast. If the website says this deal is unavailable then check with reservations as we managed to book it through them. Parking is directly across from the hotel and costs an additional £10 for the night but is very secure (you need someone from reception to open the gates). The rooms are of a high standard and very modern which is to our taste. Bar prices aren't cheap but then not over the top either, pint of Becks and larger glass of rose about £10. We used up what was remaining of our £70 credit on two burgers from the bar menu and they were excellent, really good quality and some of the best chunky chips I've ever tasted! Graham on the bar was an absolute gentlemen and really knows his stuff (try a French mojito if you get a chance) and Aimee on reception an absolute star. We were so impressed that we staying here again tonight.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SouthGoneNorth
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and I will pass on your special thanks to Aimee and Graham ( French Mojito that's a new one on me). I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Thai first
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I booked a conference here, the 12th I've organised, and the entire experience blew me away. We got the best ever evaluation reports form the 90 delegates for a conference in The Auden Rooms, but the entire set-up was exemplary, from the hi-tech spotless rooms, to the brilliant views and the stunnng food. I don't know how the hotel produced conference food of that exceptional quality and how everything was replenished constantly, for the price. There were even hand-made cookies and treats in the breaks. All delegates scored the venue at our highest 5 rating.

There were some glitches. There always are. But that they were rectified in moments from a willing team who sometimes went beyond anything I'd ever experienced from a UK hotel. Ask the barman for a non-alcoholic Mojito. If you do wine, this is one of a handful of hotels that can get hold of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon - and the mark-up isn't too scary, either.

Just amazing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one, we will have the Cloudy Bay on ice. Regards Jane Riley
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My partner and myself stayed here over New Years. On arrival the staff were friendly and assistant. They helped us get checked into our room using the self-serve system. This was a little confusing but we were seen to and checked into our room very quickly. The room itself was full of modem technology, audio docks so you can listen to your music in the bathroom, touch screen light switches and a arrange of sockets to plug your devices into. As a young couple we would have liked a brighter, bigger more colourful room (like Malmaison we recently stayed in for the same price) but this hotel has its own style and sophistication which we appreciated. Would stay here again, possibly for a cheaper price but to bring in the new year it was ideal. Location was spot on, 7/8 min walk for Birmingham New street with the infamous Bull Ring 5 mins walk away. Many thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley
London
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Got a very nice email from the hotel for 95 pounds a night city double.

That included 70 pounds towards food and drink so the room only cost 25 pounds excellent.

Again i have stayed here now for 4th time and its gets better.

The only thing to complain about was the lift on the left handside kept opening and closing seemed to have a fault lots of guest where complaing about that lift.

La Tour yr such a nice hotel bar and resturant can you much improve on the food you have offering in the evening.

I mean its ok for lunch but offering fish and chips or burgers aint grand.

You could much offer a good British menu offering good food and i dont my paying more of course.

Again i like the hotel but change the menu.
The

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for posting a review about your time here at La Tour. Clearly we didn’t delight you as much as we would have hoped in some areas. We are building a product for our customers today and with this we are very open to listening to our customers and learning about what they think will make us the number one venue in Birmingham so thank you for your feedback. Kind regards Jane Riley
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here the first weekend in January for a joint birthday celebration with 3 other couples. The hotel is very modern, and the bedrooms/bathrooms were extremely clean. The breakfast was also great, but the thing that stood out to me most was the friendliness and competence of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and they all appeared genuinely interested in making your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. When next visiting Birmingham, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny B
Thank you for your review. We're really pleased you decided to give us a try and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon, Regards Jane Riley
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed in rooms 405/406 on the 04 January 2014 and am very envious to read the previous post (Natlaiekateport)!!! We were staying as we were attending a family birthday party. We were quite sorry that we could not take full advantage of the hotel's facilities; the staff were very friendly and accommodating (we had a one year old in our party who was made very welcome) and we loved the hotel. The breakfast staff were lovely and met a variety of orders (poached/boiled eggs) promptly. Special thanks to Salah (apologies if I have spelt this wrong) for his stirling work in walking to/from the parking, much appreciated. We hope to return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here overnight on business. On arrival the hotel could find no record of my client's booking for me, I was al ittle concerned as I was delivering training in the hotel the next day. The receptionist was efficient and clam and quickly resolved the issue. The room was lovely with all high tec touch screen for all controls in the room, which once you got used to it were grewat. I ordered room service whioch was very good. Breakfasy was average and I couldn't eat the croissant as it tasted of rancid fat - horrible. The training facilities were excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your thoughts, we really value your feedback, and I will investigate your comments regarding the croissants. I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley