“Modern stylish hotel with fab friendly staff”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is a relatively new hotel with stylish furniture. The reception is minimalist and not inviting. However the staff make up for that in abundance. We were greeted by the delightful and helpful Tray. Once passed the reception the hotel comes into it's own. Everything is new, clean, spacious and stylish. The rooms are small but lovely. We had breakfast included in our rate which was yummy especially the black pudding! In the evening we had fabulous cocktails which were not on the menu.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and we would return to this hotel plus it is only minutes away from the bullring shopping.

1  Thank IssyBell
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

The whole team at Hotel La Tour Birmingham are working hard to deliver excellent customer service so it's particularly welcome to hear you had such a great time and you Trey will be delighted you singled him out: I'll make sure your comments are passed on. Kind regards Jane Riley

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Four of us stayed at the hotel for the weekend of the Good Food show at the end of November/beginning December. We found a good deal on a website, so decided to treat ourselves and so glad we did.. it was a great stay!

We had first gone into the Bull Ring and treated ourselves to some bubbles at the Selfridges champagne bar, which was less of a treat and more of a nightmare, but coming across to La Tour was the complete opposite! Check in was easy and efficient on the automated service, and the rooms were impeccable. Clean, tidy and with all the mod-cons you could hope for! Luckily the first night we were there was happy hour on champagne so we made up for the terrible events in Selfridges. And it just carried on getting better... the staff were attentive, nothing was too much trouble, and they actually smiled and talked to you as human beings as opposed to general plebs like in some other places! The hotel bar is comfortable and you're at ease straight away, a perfect place to relax and unwind after a hectic day in the city.

The rooms were plenty big enough for what we needed, the price was impressive considering what was available and we will definitely be staying again! I'd recommend the hotel with no hesitation at all and I'd second some of the other comments people have left that it's perhaps one of the best places we've stayed, thanks to all the staff :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, some with better views than others, but remember you're in the middle o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary & booked a Executive room for £82 on secret Escapes, I would not pay more than this. On arrival we used the self check in which just felt impersonal & cold. Visually the hotel is lovely & big & lovely décor but the room was small & was lacking in the niceness of downstairs. We took advantage of the £5 Selfridges offer for parking which was great as I was concerned that the parking on site would have been full. The bar is lovely & I had one of the nicest Gin & Tonics in there & breakfast was ok & included in the price of the deal. Normally it is £15 each which I feel is very expensive for a buffet style. I think I would return as it is a luxurious hotel in the centre but only if I had a deal - Staff are friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 12 January 2014

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Room was beautiful, extremely comfortable bed, lots of floor space. The hotel bar was wonderful, very chic, although the late snack menu was very expensive £10 for a sandwich and yes it was an ordinary sandwich nothing special. I can't comment much on the service we never needed assistance with anything but staff seemed pleasant enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for an overnight including dinner. When we arrived the staff on the reception were wonderful and even gave us a free room upgrade without asking for it. The room was very swish with a wonderful bathroom. The lounge/bar area is gorgeous and after dinner the was great singers appearing. I do not eat meat but the array of fish and veg meals was sublime both in thought and taste. We are planning to go back again in the next few weeks.

Room Tip: Ask for room upgrade
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband booked a room for us at Hotel La Tour as part of a birthday treat.
It was our first stay here (we normally stay at Hotel du Vin) so we didn't know what to expect.
The hotel was beautifully decorated and we received a very warm welcome at reception.
We were offered a free room upgrade too so our stay got off to a great start.
Our room was lovely, really spacious, modern and clean.
We had complimentary wine and yummy chocolates and I loved the TV in the spacious bathroom!
Service in the restaurant was excellent and the food was delicious; we were even treated to a few soulful renditions from the in house singers and piano player.
Our room was a bit chilly when we returned from dinner; we called down to reception and received an immediate visit from a member of staff who put things right for us and offered us complimentary drinks whilst waiting for the room to warm up.
We had a good night's sleep as the hotel was quiet and the bed super comfy.
Breakfast was served buffet style in the restaurant and, again, the food was lovely.
Really can't fault this hotel.
Have always said that Hotel du Vin was my all time favourite hotel but now not so sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to welcoming you back again soon now that we are your Hotel of choice in Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after a friend had a function in one of the private rooms, the function room was a good size and like everything else had a modern feel and was very clean. The food was amazing and even with catering for such a large number of people was high quality and served quickly. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley