“Looking forward to our next visit”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Looking forward to our next visit”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Myself and my partner spent an evening here which we booked through Secret Escapes. Fantastic value for money, room was beautiful, very stylish and bed was amazing. We ate in the restaurant in the evening, I became quite ill during the meal and the staff were very friendly and had my food taken to my room for me to finish.

All the staff in general were very helpful and it was an all round pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Only downside was the media hub, we were under the impression we were able to connect a device and have it play videos however this did not work and we were told that we could only stream audio through this.

We have already booked in to visit again and feel there will be many more stays in future.

Room Tip: Executive rooms and beautiful however slightly small.
1 Thank Olivia B
Jane R, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 8 February 2015
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Thai first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Five of us decided to give La Tour a try for afternoon tea.

We had pre-booked so they had a table set up for us with a couple of sofas and chairs. All of the furnishings were smart looking and very comfortable. It was also nice that the table were well space away from one another so you didn't hear the other tables.

The service was excellent and they were very accommodating. They seem to really want you to enjoy the experience which goes a long way for me so extra points for that. It is appreciated.

The food was okay. It was pleasantly presented on a floor stand which meant the table was not over crowded. It was nice to have the soldiers and welsh rarebit as a savoury. I also enjoyed the scones and the macaroon was lovely. At least two of us thought so while 3 were not so keen on it.

None of us really cared for the marshmallow item they offered.

The only slight disappointment was the tea itself. The selection is very modest and they use tea bags. That being said they at least use the tea bags from twinnings that are filled with whole leaf tea. And they were kind to offer my partner another bag for his pot as he likes his tea strong. They also brought new pots of tea when requested which was nice as well. So these two things helped make up for the previous two minor complaints.

Overall we all said how much we enjoyed the afternoon which for me it was mostly down to the staff and the environment.

I would certainly recommend La Tour for their afternoon tea and look forward to my next visit. It is one of the better afternoon teas I have had in Birmingham and worth the £20 price tag.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RD K
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly and helpful reception staff. Well appointed rooms - very high tech. Excellent nights sleep. Convenient parking arrangement but a bit of a walk with
Luggage. It's not the easiest place to get to, but it's Birmingham. Highly recommended. Didn't use any of facilities - just a wedding stopover.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Gregatimb
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel La Tour Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley
cambridge
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Second stay at the La Tour, stayed on a great Easter rate with Afternoon Tea and Breakfast included. The room was very good and quiet, Trey at check in, noticed my room had been moved to a lower floor, but as I had requested a quiet room he moved me back up to a quiet room on the 6th Floor. He was really friendly and genuinely interested in my trip as were all the staff.

Whilst staying I decided to book another stay and found a great rate via Trivago, I popped down to reception and although a lot cheaper than what they were offering they were happy to match the rate.

The Hotel La Tour really is a lovely place to stay in Birmingham, the bar and restaurant are great and the overall atmosphere at the hotel is so friendly and welcoming!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quiet
1 Thank dotcom
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. Trey is delighted he got a mention. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just returned from our second stay in this stylish hotel. It is fantastically located in the centre of Birmingham but there is no noise disturbance. The rooms are modern and clean and the showers are amazing!
This time we ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and wish we had last time too as the food was delicious and well presented. The restaurant staff were attentive and very smily.
Would definitely chose to stay here again when visiting Birmingham, it is the ideal escape after a day of shopping.

2 Thank Jayne W
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night week-end stay, and what a fabulous time we had. As other reviewers have said, we got a great deal through Secret Escapes, and on arrival were warmly greeted by reception staff who were efficient and informative - even supplying a local street map. Our executive room was beautifully clean, and the bed was really comfortable. On our first night we took advantage of the free bottle of wine with a meal and the Rose went down a treat. I had a mushroom risotto, a dish I particularly enjoy but all to often when ordered in restaurants I receive a plate of sludge. Not this time - it was served with truffle oil and was thoroughly delicious, cooked perfectly. Breakfasts were also excellent, no pressure, just select what you want and when you want it. I am not a fan of warm tea, I like it really hot and that's just what I got at La Tour. The girls singing in the bar on Friday and Saturday night were great, on both nights complying with my husbands request for Etta James 'At Last'. The Hotel is well located for pubs, restaurants and shops - we walked to the Hippodrome in just over 10 minutes. All in all we had a truly wonderful stay and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the ooms are lovely
2 Thank Cammorkids
Thank you for a great review and glad to hear your mushroom risotto was so enjoyable, we never really like selling "plates of sludge". Please come back and see us again soon. Regards Jane
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel has a very modern, cool, design-led aesthetic which works very well. Rooms are spacious with really good bathroom, rainforest shower and White Company toiletries. The bar and plentiful adjacent seating areas manage to be both cosy and elegant at the same time. Staff were extremely helpful and food was great - very highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jo r
Thanks for your comments about showers and toiletries, hope to see you again soon. Regards Jane