“This should be a secret”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
“This should be a secret”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed for two nights at the La Tour, last week. Having picked this hotel from the internet, having looked at the proximity to the town centre and car parking, we decided on this hotel, and am I glad we did , I could not fault this hotel. The staff, were excellent, very helpful. I requested a very soft pillow and it was delivered to my room by the time we returned from town.
The hotel is very modern as are the rooms, very, very clean, the bedding and bed very comfortable.
The bathroom, with a walk-in waterfall shower, the toiletries were a very nice standard "Noir" lovely smell, nice bath towels, I just couldn't fault anything.
Walking out of the lift you needed your card to get through the hall door to the corridor, to get to your room, I thought security was very good.
Car parking was available at the Selfridges car park we only paid £5 for the two nights stay as we didn't need the car at all, once we parked.
The only thing was the mirror by the dressing table, Ladies if you need a magnifying mirror to put on your make-up, there wasn't one, you need to bring your own, witch I will do next time we stay here.
Will I come back to this hotel?
Yes I will, I just hope there will be a room for me when I decide to go back. And they won't let their standards slip.
This really is a very nice place and I can highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Reading your review has made me very happy, I am so pleased that you had a great stay but please don't keep it a secret, tell everyone!
We are determined to be the best hotel in Birmingham and I will not allow our standards to slip, we understand what our guests value and will continue to work at improving what we do.
Thank you for choosing Hotel La Tour and I am looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Thai first
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We've just returned from a night at Hotel La Tour to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. We stayed using their "May Day" deal (£99 for dinner, bed and breakfast) and we weren't disappointed. Our package included a City Room, a two-course meal for two in the Aalto Restaurant and breakfast, and we weren't disappointed.

A couple of weeks before our arrival date, the hotel called and took a table booking for us to ensure we had a reservation, and on the day of arrival we were able to check into our room early and head off into Birmingham to do some shopping.

Our meal in Aalto was lovely, and the staff are *always* excellent. The hotel review card asks if there was a member of staff you'd like to put forward for giving special service - we honestly couldn't single anyone out - it would be unfair to do so! The little touches are what makes staying here special; the welcome card in our room wishing us a happy anniversary, and the complimentary chocolates after our meal were a lovely surprise.

We love La Tour. It's a rare thing in this day and age for companies to try to reply to every tweet they receive, but the staff at Hotel La Tour really do try to do this. It's this individual service that singles them out.

I don't know when we'll next be back, but I'm already looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, 5th floor or above.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dramill
Wow, thank you so much for all of your support and wonderful review. We are very pleased that you had a good stay with us and hope that we helped to make your anniversary and even more special experience. I have shared your review with all of the team who are always very happy when they read that the work they do is noticed and appreciated.
Please come and see us again soon and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel La Tour.
Market Drayton
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We fancied a weekend break so found this hotel as part of a deal online. We stayed in the executive room and had breakfast as part of the deal. Brilliant cocktail list and a cracking location for the shopping in Brum. Just by the Bull Ring shopping centre and Birmingham Markets. Give it a try.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Scott F
Your kind comments are very much appreciated and we are so pleased that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel La Tour and I hope that we have the pleasure of taking care of you again next time you are staying in Birmingham.
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

On arrival the receptionist was pleasant , efficient and helpful. The room was well appointed and spotless. Dinner was lovely and my colleague and I slept well. We decided to have breakfast which was mediocre. When checking out we were told by a snappy receptionist to use the self checkout facility, this hadn't been updated to include the breakfast cost. When I pointed this out the receptionist was very rude and said you have to pay for it, as I had pointed out their undercharging me I did not expect to be treated like I was trying to leave without paying. I had to ask her 3 times if she would take the payment. Shame as prior to this Iwould have been happy to stay here again

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carolyn R
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us and I am so disappointed that after a good stay we failed you and ourselves at check out. This is totally unacceptable and I have used your review as training with the team. We must make sure that this is not repeated and thank you for allowing us to improve through your feedback. Having shared your experience with all of the team we are very sorry for the way in which you were checked out of the hotel and I hope that at some time in the future you will give us another opportunity at which time we will be working hard to restore your faith in Hotel La Tour.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This is a very good modern hotel in the City Centre. Check in was good and efficient. The room, ours was on the 7th floor was excellent with a number of modern gadgets for lighting, air con and other systems. We particularly liked the security within the hotel . To enter your corridor on your floor you had to use your room card. No street noise was heard and the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large with an excellent shower.Breakfast in the morning was a buffet style and the variety was very good and the food was all cooked nicely and was hot. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel .

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bognorjack
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Hotel La Tour and we are very pleased that you had a good experience and also enjoyed your meal in Aalto. I have shared this with the team and it always makes us very happy when we read that guests enjoy what we do. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again next time your are staying in Birmingham.
newcastle
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for three nights with my mam and wow! we are going to stay here again later in the year when go back to Birmingham. Staff were friendly and on hand but not in a way to get on your nerves. The hotel is modern, welcoming and relaxing. Stayed in twin room and was lovey, very modern, comfy beds, very clean, decent size TV and dressing table area - possibly could do with a little more room to hang clothes but that hasn't put me off at all. Was very central for train station & shops, restaurants and aston uni. Breakfasts - again wow!! perfectly cooked breakfasts and all the continental choice you could want, set out very presentable and beautiful dining area. Book early if you want dinner in restaurant as because so good gets busy! Bar area is set out for comfort and singers made good entertainment but so you can sit back and relax. Nice balcony area for the few summer days we have. It was no problem either and no extra cost to us for a late checkout. I can not wait to stay here again and for the price you can not go wrong here :)

Room Tip: Think any room would be a good choice!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JillhelenNewcastle
Thank you so much for your great review, we are very happy that you had a good stay with us. I have shared your review with all of the team and it is a huge motivation when we learn that the work we do is noticed and appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in Birmingham again.
Abbotsford
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is striving to be a safe, high end almost self serve hotel. You can check in and out using a kiosk(although there are people available to help you out). The floors can only be accessed using your room key. Another safety feature is an in room safe which, unfortunately, had a damaged hinge in my room so I did not have access to it. Use of the hotel safe was offered to me or a change in room. The restaurant and room service were pricey so I opted to use the Marks and Spencer across the road. No fridge in the room, nice tv and great shower. Good stay in all.

Room Tip: My room had no view but since I booked on hotels.com I had a great rate so I just closed the curtain...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking your time to review Hotel La Tour and I am very pleased that you had a good stay. Not so pleased that the safe was broken and I am very sorry about that.
Thank you for choosing Hotel La Tour and I hope we have the opportunity to look after you next time you are in staying in Birmingham.