“very stylish”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 8 June 2014

the hotel was immaculate, felt so clean everywhere. my room was perfect in size and the decor was modern and well thought out, especially liked the rain fall shower. couple of moans though! the complimentary WIFI was very slow, I could not get an EE signal in my room for the duration of my stay and no mini bar facility in the room is pretty poor for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave feedback following your stay with us. I am pleased that you liked the hotel but disappointed that there are areas where we let ourselves down. We have recently changed our WIFI supplier for what was supposed to be a better offering but this has experienced some technical problems which are not acceptable and we are working through now. We have also had intermittent with phone signals without going in to great details, due to the construction within the building. Again we are hoping this will be improved very soon.
Thank you for choosing Hotel La Tour and I promise you we will work hard to improve on these services.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

A fantastic hotel, a real find and wish we were staying for longer. Service was excellent from the minute we arrived, food superb and communal areas are gorgeous. We stayed in an Executive room, beautifully decorated, hi tech, great shower room, toiletries and coffee making facilities all included. There is even a chaise longe!

Wifi was free for 24 hours and worked well.

The hotel is about 5 minutes from Birmingham Moor Street station and 10 minutes from New Street.

Room Tip: Executive room was lovely, we were above reception on the third floor and didn't get any street...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience of staying with us at Hotel La Tour.
It was so pleasing to read that you had a good experience. I always make sure the team read every review that we receive and it makes them very happy when they read that our guests like what we do. We are determined to be the best at what we do and it is so motivating when we hear that our guests enjoy being with us.
We know there is lots of choice of hotel in the city and very much appreciate you choosing Hotel La Tour. I hope that we can welcome you back next time you are staying in Birmingham.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went on a Secret Escapes deal having been recommended to the hotel by my daughter. Although only 10 minutes walk from New Street Station this hotel is enough out of the city centre to be lovely and quiet at night. Beautifully decorated and with floor to ceiling windows, comfy chaise longue and loads of electronic devices (which even I, in my sixties could use) the room was light, airy and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and all staff very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: odd numbers have a better view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I don't think I've stayed in a cleaner hotel in my life! The place is quite simply immaculate! Check in was simple,and the staff very friendly. Great hotel bar with a wide selection of wines, spirits, beers and cocktails. The rooms are fantastic, modern touch panels for lighting and heating and really easy to use. The room is well equipped with a REAL iron and board, 1100w multifunction hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities, 32" inch tv that let's you record a programme if you wish. King size bed which is very comfortable with a comfy duvet too! The bathroom features a walk in shower with an over head shower head and hand held one too. Great smelling products supplied, which makes a change to a lot of other hotels. Parking is £10 for the night, just opposite the hotel. The location is a five minute walk from restaurants such as San Carlo, Fumo and Bodega. We took a taxi, but don't get a black cab! The area is a network of one ways and could actually take you longer in traffic. Overall the hotel is amazing and is definitely worth a stay!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emmlee2014

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a Sunday night in the city and as it was close to Birmingham Moor Street Station for a day out to Royal Leamington Spa and Warwick. On arrival at check in time we were amazed on how the hotel was lovely, modern, clean and how friendly the hotel staff were. The young guy on reception was excellent. Room allocated to us was amazing for what we paid. Standard double room for 2 with breakfast. As it was a Sunday night and was pouring down with rain outside we choose to eat in the hotel restaurant. Excellent food, beverages and staff. Given the Sunday set menu - tasty and you could not fault anything. Excellent portion size. Quite nights sleep and breakfast the next morning was as good as the nights meal before. Check out was easy and we left our bags till late afternoon on our return. Great location for Birmingham train stations. Loved it and will return. Malmasion and Hotel du Vin watch out for providing a 3* service and accommodation at much higher prices compared to our new experience at Hotel La Tour 5* Sunday night experience. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davide79_12

Wow! Your kind comments are music to our ears and really do mean a lot. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what we are doing right. I will make sure this is passed back to our hard-working team and that they continue to be recognised for the great work they are doing.
I hope we have the opportunity to take care of you again next time you are in Birmingham.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nice rooms, good facilities, very limited restaurant menu - but manageable. Any positives completely wiped out by "complimentary wifi" which did not work. The option was to upgrade £10 for 24 hours by "collecting a voucher from reception". No work, no downloads, just a frustrating evening. I hope that the extra £10 that the hotel receives outweighs the loss of custom from frustrated guests who don't come back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ALSSW6

I am so sorry about you experience it is not acceptable and you are right to be so frustrated with the situation. We changed our WIFI supplier to what was supposed to be a more improved service and it has had technical issues which I believe are resolved. I know that this is not good to you now but if ever we manage to encourage you to stay with us again and there is an issue please contact reception immediately and they will be able to attach you to the network through our internal systems if there are issues with our public WIFI.
We work so hard to maintain high standards of service and building and it is very upsetting when technical issues let us down, we won't allow this to happen again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I live just down the road but my wife booked this hotel as we were on a night out in B'ham. The hotel is modern and minimalist and therefore just what I enjoy. The facilities are new and all in very good working order. The tech in the rooms is just stunning and before long I had connected the iphone to the TV for some music. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Parking at Moor St was only £5 and therefore very sane. Breakfast was very good and perfectly fine for that level of hotel. Price seems very fair when you consider the type hotel and the convenience of the location. May have been a bit more because it was midweek. I liked it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simon p

We very much appreciate you taking your time to leave feedback following your stay with us at Hotel La Tour. I was so pleased to read that you had a good time and have made sure that all of the team have read this. I am very lucky to work with a fantastic team of people who are all determined to be the best at what they do and the love to hear about our guests experiences.
Thank you for choosing Hotel La Tour and I hope that we have the opportunity to take care of you next time you are in the city.