“Great hotel!”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped at Hotel la Tour for a special anniversary treat.
The hotel is modern and stylish. Rooms were very clean and had everything you need for a night (or several) bathroom was lovely and a comfy bed too!
Had dinner in the restaurant and the quality was excellent. Breakfast was also very good!
Brilliant location. Will definitely go back for another stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel La Tour

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my 4th wedding anniversary, i made the hotel aware that it was my wedding anniversary, in my room i had truffles with chocolate saying happy birthday lol..i have such problems with the hotel regarding reserve payment they hold on ur card when you check in. They held £51.00, i was told when i check out that they will unhold the payment on my debit card. I checked out on sunday and its wednesday today and they are still holding the payment on my debit card. I spoke to the hotel, they said they cannot unhold my payment i would need to speak to my bank. I have spoken to my bank and they are saying the hotel need to release my payment, im going round in circle. I wasnt advised by the hotel when i checked in that i would have this problem. Its a nightmare to sort out. I never have had this problem with any other hotel!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tahira R
Jane R, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel La Tour, Birmingham, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel La Tour, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent this from happening again.

We appreciate your feedback, as this helps us ensure we are always meeting the high expectations we set for ourselves and the standards our customers expect and deserve.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is in a great location and some great mod cons. The shower was one of the nicest i have had. the reason for the average score is that i booked a double room and it was two single beds pushed together. Too have everything so nice it was runined by an uncomfortable bed

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah3174
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay thoroughly, staff were friendly and polite, drinks were wonderful, room was very warm, spacious and comfortable with a nice view. It is a little expensive but would love to return to La Tour some time in the - hopefully - near future.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel La Tour is a modern, clean hotel near to Selfridges. The public areas are cool and pleasant. I had a meal in the bar which was satisfactory. The rooms are very clean with hi-tech lighting. The beds have got a hard edge with a topper on. The pillows are foam and not comfortable. The room was too hot and there was no window to open. I couldn't get the air conditioning low enough to take away the feeling of claustrophobia. In the morning I couldn't wait to get out of the room. I think the heat may have contributed to this average review.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Booked via secret escapes and was overwhelmed with our stay
Informed the hotel that it was mine and Hubby's Birthday arrived to find card in room and happy birthday chocs in the Resturant such a lovely touch ! : )
Rooms so clean and trendy
Staff friendly and helpful and feels so genuine and happy to help
Big screen and room set up for the football ( shame about result )
All in all brilliant stay can't wait to come back
Already booked for afternoon tea for Daughters Birthday

Will be back next birthday for sure
Well done everyone , great place and Thankyou secret escapes as we would never of found the little bit of heaven .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I found this hotel on Secret Escapes and am glad I did! I emailed the hotel before our stay to ask if they could provide anything nice as I wanted to make our stay special as my boyfriend and I were going to Birmingham for the first time and to celebrate his birthday. They replied that they sell luxury chocolates and champagne so I thought I'd leave it as I could supply that myself. Upon checking in to the room, my boyfriend had a birthday card and some lovely chocolates waiting for him! It was such a nice touch. We had also been put in a room on the 6th floor which had a great view of the Bullring.

We had an executive room which wasn't massive but we really liked the layout and the modern features, the rain shower was marvellous with White Company toiletries and the bed was sooo comfy! The blackout curtains also meant we got a really good night's sleep.

Breakfast was fab, everything you could want was there, we were stuffed till tea time! Didn't get a chance to use the gym but the Bullring's so close you could just spend hours walking around shopping instead!

Would definitely stay here again, we loved it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple