“Clean, friendly, try the cocktails!”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly, try the cocktails!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a birthday visit to Birmingham. Convenient location, walking distance from New Street Station and easy access to the city centre. Clean and modern hotel with friendly and helpful staff. We didn't visit the hotel restaurant for dinner but the cocktails are certainly worth sampling - not an umberella in sight! Good to have hi-tech amenities in the bedroom, easy to plug your I Pad into the sound system. Breakfast was buffet style and as much as you could eat, perfect to set you up for a day's shopping. Make sure you book via Secret Escapes, it's much cheaper.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Thai first
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for one night last Saturday for a birthday treat. Booked an Executive room which was on the 7th floor looking towards Selfridges. Room spotless and the air con was great as it was a warm weekend. Parked our car 5 mins walk away at Selfridges car park (one with the footbridge) cost £5 per night. For our evening meal we had already booked to go to Annexe a 10 min walk away, lovely place and food. Then we went to Jekyll and Hyde gin bar, interesting place but gin cocktails were expensive.
Hotel breakfast - good selection of hot and cold buffet style food.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and can't wait to stay again maybe in December.

Room Tip: High Floor looking towards Selfridges building
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank banjo22
Worcs
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped at Hotel la Tour for a special anniversary treat.
The hotel is modern and stylish. Rooms were very clean and had everything you need for a night (or several) bathroom was lovely and a comfy bed too!
Had dinner in the restaurant and the quality was excellent. Breakfast was also very good!
Brilliant location. Will definitely go back for another stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my 4th wedding anniversary, i made the hotel aware that it was my wedding anniversary, in my room i had truffles with chocolate saying happy birthday lol..i have such problems with the hotel regarding reserve payment they hold on ur card when you check in. They held £51.00, i was told when i check out that they will unhold the payment on my debit card. I checked out on sunday and its wednesday today and they are still holding the payment on my debit card. I spoke to the hotel, they said they cannot unhold my payment i would need to speak to my bank. I have spoken to my bank and they are saying the hotel need to release my payment, im going round in circle. I wasnt advised by the hotel when i checked in that i would have this problem. Its a nightmare to sort out. I never have had this problem with any other hotel!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tahira R
Jane R, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 8 February 2015
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel La Tour, Birmingham, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel La Tour, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent this from happening again.

We appreciate your feedback, as this helps us ensure we are always meeting the high expectations we set for ourselves and the standards our customers expect and deserve.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is in a great location and some great mod cons. The shower was one of the nicest i have had. the reason for the average score is that i booked a double room and it was two single beds pushed together. Too have everything so nice it was runined by an uncomfortable bed

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah3174
Broch
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay thoroughly, staff were friendly and polite, drinks were wonderful, room was very warm, spacious and comfortable with a nice view. It is a little expensive but would love to return to La Tour some time in the - hopefully - near future.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel La Tour is a modern, clean hotel near to Selfridges. The public areas are cool and pleasant. I had a meal in the bar which was satisfactory. The rooms are very clean with hi-tech lighting. The beds have got a hard edge with a topper on. The pillows are foam and not comfortable. The room was too hot and there was no window to open. I couldn't get the air conditioning low enough to take away the feeling of claustrophobia. In the morning I couldn't wait to get out of the room. I think the heat may have contributed to this average review.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo