“Fabulous Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend recently at this wonderful hotel. Very modern & great location for the Bullring and train station. Parking was right outside - secure & only £10 a day.
Reception was funky as they use machines for checking in and out. We were helped by a very friendly member of staff.
We didn't eat or drink there as we wanted to enjoy Birmingham. They had live music in the bar on the Saturday we stayed
Very reasonable rates too for a weekend. From the high standard I thought this was part of a large and expanding chain of hotels. Turns out this is the only 1 in the UK.
Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jane R, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Hi MattONtheRoad,

Jane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Thai first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Lovely hotel. Attentive staff. Food superb and breakfast a must. Parking could be better but apart from that I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are beautiful. Comfy beds and roomy showers. Went there on a Facebook deal which was excellent value.

Room Tip: I saw three rooms and all were the same. Very nicely done and roomy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Hi amberhulme,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend at the weekend. The hotel exceeded our expectations to say the least.

We were taken back by how efficient and professional the reception staff were throughout the whole stay and that's not usually something we would probably ever notice being a young couple.

We upgraded to an executive room which was fantastic. The photos really don't do it justice! The room was immaculate - very clean and the view over Birmingham made it special. Lights and air on were all controlled on a touch screen. Lighting could be altered to set the set mood. There was a small fridge in room too.

It's very close to the city centre which made the hotel stay very easy and hassle free.

I would definitely recommend staying here and upgrading to executive room.

I'm already planning my next trip back :-) xx

Hi Tanniie,

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

There is no doubting this hotel is lovely. We had Executive Rooms, which were fab, and with the kids, were adjoining, so good stuff there. The young lady on reception was exceptional, really happy, welcoming and still had a smile when we left this morning. We were staying there, as my daughter was getting married and it was convenient to the reception at Fazzely Studios.
However, apart from one lady in the bar, the service in the bar and restaurant was painfully slow which led to some frustration on my part.
Nevertheless, apart from that, it was a great stay at a great place

Room Tip: We saw a number of the rooms, al were good with plenty of room, very comfy bed, great shower room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phil O
Hi Phil O,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour and I hope your daughter had a beautiful wedding day! Thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to pass these on to the reception staff, however I am so sorry to read that you found the service to be slow in the restaurant/bar. We are always very grateful for any customer feedback and will certainly take your comments onboard.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, fabulous dinner & breakfast ideal location if you want to be central x will defo be back one day x rooms every thing you need , very classy and modern , will be suitable for all types of guests. Very easy and quick check in and out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Dawnwood2003,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am delighted to hear that yourself and your sister enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour for her 40th! Thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to pass these on to the staff.

Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a very big City centre hotel with all mod cons. It's had a lot of money spent on it and was a great base for shopping in Birmingham. Only a couple of hundred yards from the train station it's ideally located.

The room was very nice. Clean with a comfy bed and very intelligently designed. The breakfast was a very nice buffet style but with plenty of staff on hand to help.

My only concerns would be the staff all seem very young and lack a bit of experience, but I'm sure that won't be an issue in the long term. They also charge £10 to park and that wasn't clear when we booked or when I telephoned to enquire about parking. However, £10 isn't that much for secure City centre parking.

If I visit Birmingham again I would stay at the La Tour.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Bluetealeaf,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour. We are always very grateful for any customer feedback and will certainly take your comments onboard regarding the parking.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at La Tour recently. The decor..the rooms...and whole ambience of the hotel was lovely. Real quality. Staff were attentive and always smiling. A joy to see as one who has worked in the industry. The only flaw was the food. It was not bad at all! It was not great either. I would give it 2 stars. The new menu was not all available (skewers) leaving mainly grilled steak ...steak...or steak!!! And limited fish dishes.Doesnt take much skill or variety. Breakfast was good although bacon was usually over cooked and sausages poor quality. All the rest of it was great. As a caterer i expected more of the food...especially with such a chic, boutique like style of hotel. With all that said, and in the hope that these little minors will be sorted...i would recommend this hotel highly...and look forward to my next visit

1 Thank Veron A
Hi Veron A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour. Thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to pass these on to the staff. We are always very grateful for any customer feedback and will certainly take your comments onboard regarding the menu.