“Amazing hotel”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I stayed in. I consider it 5 stars hotel. The moment you enter to it you feel that you want to see more. The decoration.. the neat rooms and lobys .. the amazing food as well. The room .. wow I was astonished by the touch technology to control the lights .. the appliances.. the TV was HD TV. The bed was soooo comfy. I would love to go there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Reem_Khayat
Jane R, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Hi Reem K,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed for three nights and I can highly recommend Hotel La Tour on every level. The rooms were spacious and clean, staff friendly and helpful, and the restaurant served delicious food. We were hosting a family with young children one night, and the chef came up with simple suggestions that appealed. Desert was freshly prepared on both nights we dined...delicious. We also enjoyed the afternoon tea one of the days, and it was up there with the best...but not the price. Very reasonable at under £20 per person. The hotel is situated a short walk from the station and the Bull Ring. This hotel won't disappoint.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XOX140

Hi XOX140,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour. Thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to pass these on to the staff.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

After loving our last trip to this hotel we couldn't wait to return again this year. Had a few issues though. Shower was quite weak, dinner was only just warm enough, coffee and tea at breakfast were dire, the bill was wrong at checkout- the deal hadn't calculated properly. But saying all that everything else was still great - comfy beds, great mod cons, air con, convenient parking next door for £10 a night, great location, and good value for money. The singer at dinner was a real bonus too! We mentioned the awful tea/coffee at breakfast and we were offered an alternative which was great, it's just a shame we had to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi SARobinson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am delighted to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour. However, I am so sorry to read that you found the water pressure and food to be disappointing, and that you had an issue at checkout. We are always very grateful for any customer feedback and will certainly take your comments onboard.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I didn't stay at the hotel, I booked afternoon tea here for my 21st birthday. There was a group of 4 of us, and afternoon tea was brilliant! The table was reserved for when we got there, and we were seen to straight away. After a bit of a wait the afternoon tea was brought out and it was beautiful!! Several selections of sandwiches, scones and cakes, and a nice pot of tea! For £19.95 it was well worth it as there was a lot of food! They even brought out a plate with Happy 21st Birthday written on it in chocolate, with some little truffles on the side- just going that extra mile.

My only complaint would be that the staff were a bit slow. Some members of staff didn't really know what they were doing either. However the one girl who helped us was very efficient and helpful.

Overall a fantastic experience and I will most definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hi CarlyJAde1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience at Hotel La Tour.... and a belated happy 21st birthday! We are always very grateful for any customer feedback, and will certainly take your comments regarding service onboard.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

My husband booked a night here as we had tickets for the hippodrome. We wished we could have stayed for longer!!

On advice from the hotel we parked in Selfridges car park, around 5 minutes walk. The hotel validated our ticket and overnight parking cost £5. This I a fixed deal with the hotel and if you stay longer and don't move your car, the price is the same! Great deal for city centre parking!!

When we arrived at the hotel, our room was ready even though we were much earlier than check in time. All of the staff were lovely - very friendly and polite.

The room was absolutely gorgeous - beautifully decorated and perfectly clean. Lots of modern features - the lights, wake up calls, hotel info etc was part of the phone with a screen. Very high tech!! There was a large flat screen tv and the shower was huge!!

We visited the restaurant for lunch and had sandwiches. The price is around what we would expect in a hotel and the service was excellent. Breakfast the following morning was also excellent and, again, the staff were excellent. The food was well cooked and presented and there was a good choice of cooked breakfast, cereal, toast and pastries.

We had a great nights sleep despite the hotel being close to the road! We couldn't hear anything. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the shops.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel - absolutely perfect for a Birmingham City stay!

• Stayed: August 2014

Hi LJF84,

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Dynamic fresh upmarket hotel in the heart of Birmingham City Centre. Lovely views of the city at night. Comfortable bed and living space. The food was incredibly tasty and modern. Staff were pleasant enough. No parking but car parks close by. Yea and coffee in room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Hi Khadijatai,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed at Hotel La Tour based on a friends recommendation, and I was blown away. Wasn't expecting such a great hotel at the low price, but rooms are spacious and comfortable, great bathrooms with designer accessories, and the staff are very cheerful.

We drove into Birmingham, so glad that parking was easy to find. The hotel is a few minutes walk to the Bullring and short drive to other trendy parts of town.

Didn't eat or drink at the hotel, but only because we had to go for a curry while in Birmingham! Furnishings in the common areas of the hotel are very luxurious. Definitely one of the best value hotels I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple