“Nice location, lovely hotel.”

Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stopped in several Premier Inns in past this was one of the better ones. Nice location on the canal and close to shops and bars. Staff were very friendly, would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at the Premier Inn as part of a hen night and found the hotel to be of exceptional value. It is everything you would expect from a Premier Inn and more. The rooms were of excellent standard, very clean and a very good shower. The breakfast is served to order and you can order as much as you like. It can be slightly noisey and busy as you would expect from a city centre hotel but the noise wasn't excessive and it was at an acceptable level. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Birmingham. Please pass on our thanks to the staff for a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Let me start by saying i love Premier inns and so far have not been let down! We stayed here on Thursday 18th august on arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant lady on the reception who checked us in to our room early,once again the room was spotless(room 400) the bathroom was also the same,the only thing i would say is the room was a little smaller than the london premier inns we have used in the past but did not bother us. For £53 for central birmingham you really can not complain i will be staying there again.
Staff 10/10
cleanliness 10/10
location 10/10
A big well done to all at premier inn again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karlos19721944
Reviewed 8 August 2011

From the minute we arrived we were welcomed with a friendly smile with helpful information about the Inn and surrounding area. The whole Inn was spotless. Our room was very comfortable and even throughwe were in the middle of Birmingham it was very quiet.The bed was amazingly comfortable. We used the bar which was well stocked. The staff were keen to serve and added to the enjoyment of the stay. The outside seating next to the canal was a really nice touch. Great location for Birmingham city centre especially The Mail Box. Would not bother looking at staying any where else in Birmingham. Premier Inn (Canal Side) has it all.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I have just used the above hotel for a 4 night stay Birmingham. The location is great, right by the canal and close to Broad St and many eateries etc. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was compact but had everything required and was clean with comfortable beds. Continental breakfast was cheap and plentiful at £5.25. Free parking on site was included. We didn't need to use the car at all to get out and about as the rail system is great and cheap off peak, with the station a 10 min stroll away. We walked the canal to Worcester over a two day period which was great and visited Cadbury World and Bournville village another day. Birmingham centre has many attractions and some good circular walks are available. Book ahead to get non refundable cheap deal, our 4 nights cost £116. How good is that for a city centre location!

Room Tip: We had a room on the car park side and it was quiet enough with the windows open.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

A budget hotel but I paid £176 for 2 nights... and without breakfast (extra £5.25 for a continental) - not my idea of a budget, especially as Premier constantly advertise nights from £29 - personally I have never found this £29 Premier Inn - where is it?

i have mixed feelings about this hotel - on the positive side its in a fantastic location - right by the canal - unfortunately my bedroom window did not have this delightful view - instead a view of an aging 60's carpark!
The hotel is situated a stones throw from the Mailbox - a great collection of restaurants and trendy shops, so you can literally stagger back from a night out. The breakfast room is good, looking over the canal - with helpful and pleasant staff.

There is a "breakfast barge" at the Mailbox where you can have breakfast from 9am if you fancy it. A diffrent way to start the day!

On the down side - my bed was really uncomfortable - really hard mattress with no give whatsoever. Didnt sleep at all. I was also cross that they have a "good night" policy which i wasnt aware of till I got home otherwise i would have claimed my money back - so be aware of this policy if you are staying at Premier Inn's.

The room was very small - I realise its a city centre inn but for the price I expected a bit more comfort!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FourDegrees
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Overall I was plesantly surprised as I have never stayed in a Premier Inn before.

Initially we found parking a problem as the hotel has a small number of spaces for a large number of rooms, however we parked on the end of a row and were fine.

When we first went to check in, there was a bit of a problem as I had paid on the company credit card and faxed the details earlier that day (a different card to the one I had secured the room with). However by the time I got there, the receptionist had changed and the replacement had no idea about the fax and where it was and said she couldn't give us a room without payment. I understood this but thought it was wrong as I had given all the information required and didn't have any of the information with me. However this was sorted, as luckily my colleague was still in the office and could give the information over the phone (although usually they will not take payment over the phone.) In credit to the receptionist dealing with us, she was very friendly and helpful and was just doing her job, it was just unfortunate that our fax couldn't be found. (The next evening she did say it was filed in a folder, however a better system should be in place so that every one knows where things are!)

We went to our rooms and they were brilliant. Big double beds with clean sheets. The pillows were also big and fluffy which was great as flat pillows are a pet hate of mine with hotels! The bathroom had clean, white towels and generally the room was very clean.

Another problem I found when I went to unpack my things was that there were no plug sockets near the bed, so my phone which was also my alarm and clock had to be on the other side of the room charging.

The final negative comment is the ironing facilities. If I wanted to iron my clothes I had to use the iron and ironing board in reception and as I was starting early and finishing late, it felt a big chore to treck downstairs as opposed to quickly doing it in the confort of your room.
parking,

breakfast was brilliant, the choices were great and the food was lovely and fresh.

Overall apart from a few minor defaults it was a really nice stay and I will definitley return to this hotel if I am ever in Birmingham again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business