Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
1,310 results
All reviewsbroad streetcar parksymphony hallcity centrebrindley placemail boxexcellent locationminute walkon site parkingmeal dealbudget hotelnew street stationbars and restaurantswithin easy walking distancenight's sleepgood nights sleeprooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We count our selves as regular visitors to this premier inn, we chose it for its central location simple straight forward service and great breakfast, it ticks all the boxes, but just a minute, they offer daily papers they offer wifi connectivity they boast a bar, it's important to be aware of the small print, the paper will not arrive until sometime after 8, that's if your lucky, the wifi has a mind of its own I spent too much time having to get back on line as the service is continually disrupted and as for the bar it reminded me of the days when there were strict licensing laws and come 11you are asked to leave, great pity the staff all seem committed and the problems appear beyond their control, will we stay again?
We will check out the facilities first!

Room Tip: Check that the wifi is working, if you need it for business
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights while I was on training course with work.

The reception staff were very helpful and polite but there were a few issues during the stay.

The room was a lot smaller than expected. I was aware they'd be smaller than other premier inns but they were tiny. Our heating didn't work but the girl on reception gave us a temp heater. The keys were temperamental too. I had to run back downstairs a few times for it to be reactivated.

The location was ideal for me as it was a 10 minute walk from the hotel we were doin the training course in. Plenty of parking spaces were available, and it was free!!

The restaurant was a disappointment. The food always seemed to be Luke warm and under cooked. I had to send a couple of things back to be warmed up. Also they did not have paper carrier bags if you're in a rush for breakfast in the mornings! They had paper cups, but no lids. Not great if you need a grab and go breakfast. The staff were very pleasant, they could not be faulted.

I probably wouldn't stay here again. Only because of the restaurant food and tiny rooms.

1  Thank Helen_1505
BhamCanalside, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Helen_1505,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your training course.

I am sorry that there were some elements of the stay that you found disappointing. I hope you were able to take the opportunity to discuss these issues with a member of our management team during your stay. Our team prides itself on delivering outstanding service and I am sorry that on this occassion we have failed to do so.

If you would like to discuss any issues further please dont hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly.

Jo

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have stayed at many travel inns but this one by far is the best from checking in to dining in all the staff could not do enough for you . A special mention to Abby and Annie who made our dining experience wonderful they were so helpful . The people of Birmingham are all so nice

1  Thank 4927dt
BhamCanalside, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear 4927dt,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback about your recent stay with us! I know we are slightly biased but the people of Birmingham are a really friendly bunch & I am delighted our team at the hotel looked after you so well and made such a lasting impression on your visit.

We regularly celebrate our positive feedback so i will be delighted to pass on your comments to Abbey & Annie. I know they will both be very proud to have had their names mentioned!

We look forward to seeing you again next you come to Birmingham.

Joanne Gray

Reviewed 31 March 2013

My wife and i visited this hotel for a couple of nights and came back saying it was the friendliest we have ever been to. The staff could not do enough and any request was dealt with promptly and with a smile, they cannot be praised enough. Rooms were of a good size and immaculately clean. The beds are great and my wife said she hadn't slept so well in a hotel bed. The location was perfect for the city centre. For the money this hotel is well above the average. This is our first visit to a Premier Inn and it wont be the last if they are all as good as this.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear alan n,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you and your wife enjoyed your visit to Birmingham and you got to see all the sights

I am delighted the team looked after you so well and have passed your comments back to the team and to our head office. They pride themselves on really working hard to make our guests stay special and I am pleased they made such a great impression.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Birmingham and hope you enjoy Premier Inns across the country! We all have the same amazing comfy beds so you are guaranteed a great nights sleep where ever you go!

Jo

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Great location 2 mins from broad street and mailbox , food ok and service was quick and friendly staff friendly , room small but over all ok , managed to get parking no problem , really dodgy lift makes a jolting sound when closing .

Dear BirminghamUKLoopylou,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent stay. I hope you had a great time & am pleased the team looked after you so well whilst you were with us.

Thank you for your feedback about our lift. I will ensure our maintenance team look into this issue.

Joanne Gray