“The place to stay for German xmas market”

Premier Inn Birmingham Central East
Ranked #52 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We booked two nights so that we could visit the Birmingham German xmas market. As it worked out, this hotel is a half hour walk and thanks to the very helpful reception staff we were able to use a direct route via the canal towpath, although we walked back via main roads as it was then dark. Every member of staff was friendly and good humoured during our stay. Reception staff were very knowledgable about shopping and eating in Birmingham, much to my wife's pleasure - total of about 16 hours around shops and markets over two days, - my poor feet! The all you can eat breakfast was exactly that and good quality for the price. The only downside, we were in room number 120 and although neither of us are light sleepers, were were woken at 3 a.m. on Saturday morning by heavy footsteps in the room above. Sounded like someone had just come back in and continued walking to and fro for about half an hour. Again at about 7 a.m. we could clearly hear the upstairs occupants walking across their room. We mentioned this on checkout and staff were very apologetic although we emphasised that we were not complaining. We suggested that they evaluate themselves at sometime just in case there might be some way of improving the sound insulation between floors. Apart from this we would thoroughly recommend the staff and facilities.

Room Tip: Canal view from rear but close to elevated road so noisy if you want the window open (double glazed...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
BirminghamCE, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Central East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Hi Malcolm T,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Birmingham Central East Premier Inn. It sounds as though your wife had a fabulous time shopping, although your feet might not agree!

I'm sorry the noise from the guest above woke you during the night. Please be assured I will look into this in more detail with my maintenance team to try to address this issue.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Birmingham

Jo Gray, Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel on Friday 25th November to meet a large group of friends....apologies to anyone else in the bar that evening...!!!

The hotel seemed pretty full but when we arrived there were plenty of spaces in the car park, the room was comfortable (shower wasnt brilliant) and food in the restaurant was good. The staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay again for £29.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
BirminghamCE, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Central East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Dear WellWelshWatkins,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you and your friends enjoyed yourselves.

I'm pleased the team looked after you all so well and everything went so smoothly for you.

We look forward to seeing you all again next year!

Reviewed 29 November 2011

i stayed in the hotel friday 25th nov ,to meet a large group of friends ,the hotel was very clean ,bedroom and bathroom exellent , the staff were friendly and welcoming , top staff award goes to bernie ......she was brilliant ,thankyou
local shop was a trek for the smokers , but the distance of the hotel from town meant it was quiet at night which was great,would definately recommend it and would defiantely use it again
bar staff were lovely , few more comfy chairs in bar area wouldnt go a miss ,some woman was laying on the wall edge near fruit machine :)

1  Thank chief118

Hi Chief118,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the team & about Bernie during your recent stay with us. She is an absolute treasure and a real asset to the business. I love to be able to reward the team when they get recognition for the hard work and genuine passion they display when they do their jobs so I will be sharing your comments with the team.

I hope you and your friends had a great time seeing one another and I will be putting in a request for some more comfy chairs for the bar!

Jo Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We choose this hotel for 24 of us to meet up ( some of us had never met before ) We came from as far afield as Scotland,Wales ,London etc...This hotel was chosen because it was a sort of central location and because it was offering £29 rooms , we all booked about 2 months in advance.
I didn't realise it was in the middle of a sort of industrial site and there was not a local shop near by.....the picture was a bit deceiving.
The staff were wonderful, they did everything in their power to help us enjoy our stay.
The bed was a bit hard and so was my jacket potato , but most of my friends enjoyed their meals ...and they had a good selection that was reasonable priced.
I would recommend this hotel for a short stay , if you want to travel into the centre of Birmingham...a taxi cost us £6 ,some of my friends travelled by bus and said it was a bit of a mission.
All in all ....a good ,clean ,friendly hotel and I would stay there again :)

2  Thank Anne L

Hi Anne L,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you and your group had an enjoyable time meeting up and I am glad the team were so helpful.

I'm sorry you exerienced an issue at dinner, I hope the team were able to sort the problem for you at the time.

If you would like to discuss anything further please contact me directly. At Premier Inn we are proud to offer our Good Night Guarantee and I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you.

Jo Operations Manager.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here on Friday 25 November 2011 along with a group of approximately 20 individuals. The staff were very good - approachable and accommodating. They were polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. Everywhere seemed clean and I felt it was excellent value for money £29.00 for the double room. I had dinner in their restaurant which I enjoyed. For a budget hotel it was greaat.

Room Tip: I had room 115 which was on the first floor and overlooked the car park. I didn't hear any nois...
2  Thank axl888

Hi Axl888,

Thanks for the lovely feedback about your stay with us recently. I am glad the team looked after you and your friends so well and I hope you all had a wonderful time.

We look forward to seeing you and your group when you next meet up in Birmingham again.

Kind Regards.

Jo, Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed as we were visiting the German Christmas Markets, which were super, loved the food!

The hotel was fine in general, we got a good nights sleep, there were some disturbances but what was people coming back after a night out so not really anything to do with the hotel.

The room was clean and tidy, however there were some wear and tear issues in the bathroom, which did let the side down.

We decided to have breakfast there, which I have to say was one of the worst breakfasts I have ever had, the scrambled eggs tasted like they had been microwaved, when I have previously had tomatoes with my breakfast they have been grilled, not tinned (is this normal?), we asked for more ketchup, e ended up taking it from a vacant table as the waitress was not to be seen. We were asked if everything was okay, but this was when they cleared our table, a bit late really.

Overall I would stay here again, I just would not have breakfast here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi Mshells,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry you experienced some problems with Breakfast during your stay.I hope you had the opportunity to discuss the issues you encountered with one of the management team and they were able to rectify the situation for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to discuss this further with you as these are not the standards we aim to deliver to our guests.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

easy to find coming from the nec, good parking...spotless'large' family room which was road facing but we couldnt here a thing, the staff were brilliant couldnt fault them at all...we had a meal in the restaurant the staff brought over pictures and pencils for the kids to colour while they waited, 2 course meal for 4 of us a bottle of wine and drinks for the kids £50, checked out this morning and we were able to leave the car in the car park while we walked into town which only took 15 mins

Room Tip: fantastic city centre hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Hi HayleyW,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad the team looked after you and your family so well whilst you were with us and that you had such a good time.

I hope you enjoyed the city centre and made a dent in the Christmas shopping!

We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.