“Such a nice team!”

Ranked #49 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Such a nice team!”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I recently stayed for two nights at this Premier Inn as part of a family get-together. As we have family in Birmingham, some more north and some in the south, Birmingham seemed the ideal place to all meet. I usually book with Premier Inn - you know what you are going to get and its usually nice enough - clean and comfy, but the Birmingham Central East hotel beats them all! The friendly staff were amazing! Nothing was too much trouble, they were always smiling, we were treated with such genuine care that even though it is a little bit out of town, I would make a point of going back there rather than go closer to town. It actually only took us about 15 minutes to walk into the city shopping area and a taxi make in the eveniong was only £7.00. I cannot praise the staff here highly enough and it made the stay so much better. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly be returning!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere so not able to walk to any pubs or restaurants but fortunately the staff are lovely and the food excellent so it's pleasant staying in. Draught beers pretty dire but overall a nice convenient place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
BirminghamCE, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Central East, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Hi Griffo31,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Birmingham Central East Premier Inn. I am glad the team looked after you so well & that you enjoyed your stay.

I have spoken to our Food & Beverage Manager regarding the quality of the beer on this occasion & have asked him to investigate.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a lovely Christmas.

Jo , Operations Manager.
wigan u.k.
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The Hotel was very clean, The staff were very friendly, always smiling and nothing was to much trouble for them.
Alway ready to speak and to help.
meal deal was a great option for three course meal and a drink plus full breakfast for £22.00
The Breakfast staff were very friendly and kept smiling even though they were short staffed and they could not turn out the food quick enough. But they kept us informed of the delay, and didn't get flustered as most staff would have.

Room Tip: stayed room 33 in the new extention block on ground floor, very quite
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Hammy1863,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay with us. Our £22.00 Meal deal is great value & I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Birmingham and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jo
milton keynes
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We booked two nights so that we could visit the Birmingham German xmas market. As it worked out, this hotel is a half hour walk and thanks to the very helpful reception staff we were able to use a direct route via the canal towpath, although we walked back via main roads as it was then dark. Every member of staff was friendly and good humoured during our stay. Reception staff were very knowledgable about shopping and eating in Birmingham, much to my wife's pleasure - total of about 16 hours around shops and markets over two days, - my poor feet! The all you can eat breakfast was exactly that and good quality for the price. The only downside, we were in room number 120 and although neither of us are light sleepers, were were woken at 3 a.m. on Saturday morning by heavy footsteps in the room above. Sounded like someone had just come back in and continued walking to and fro for about half an hour. Again at about 7 a.m. we could clearly hear the upstairs occupants walking across their room. We mentioned this on checkout and staff were very apologetic although we emphasised that we were not complaining. We suggested that they evaluate themselves at sometime just in case there might be some way of improving the sound insulation between floors. Apart from this we would thoroughly recommend the staff and facilities.

Room Tip: Canal view from rear but close to elevated road so noisy if you want the window open (double glazed...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi Malcolm T,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Birmingham Central East Premier Inn. It sounds as though your wife had a fabulous time shopping, although your feet might not agree!

I'm sorry the noise from the guest above woke you during the night. Please be assured I will look into this in more detail with my maintenance team to try to address this issue.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Birmingham

Jo Gray, Operations Manager
Wales
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel on Friday 25th November to meet a large group of friends....apologies to anyone else in the bar that evening...!!!

The hotel seemed pretty full but when we arrived there were plenty of spaces in the car park, the room was comfortable (shower wasnt brilliant) and food in the restaurant was good. The staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay again for £29.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
BirminghamCE, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Central East, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Dear WellWelshWatkins,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you and your friends enjoyed yourselves.

I'm pleased the team looked after you all so well and everything went so smoothly for you.

We look forward to seeing you all again next year!

Jo, Operations Manager.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2011

i stayed in the hotel friday 25th nov ,to meet a large group of friends ,the hotel was very clean ,bedroom and bathroom exellent , the staff were friendly and welcoming , top staff award goes to bernie ......she was brilliant ,thankyou
local shop was a trek for the smokers , but the distance of the hotel from town meant it was quiet at night which was great,would definately recommend it and would defiantely use it again
bar staff were lovely , few more comfy chairs in bar area wouldnt go a miss ,some woman was laying on the wall edge near fruit machine :)

1 Thank chief118
Hi Chief118,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the team & about Bernie during your recent stay with us. She is an absolute treasure and a real asset to the business. I love to be able to reward the team when they get recognition for the hard work and genuine passion they display when they do their jobs so I will be sharing your comments with the team.

I hope you and your friends had a great time seeing one another and I will be putting in a request for some more comfy chairs for the bar!

Jo Operations Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We choose this hotel for 24 of us to meet up ( some of us had never met before ) We came from as far afield as Scotland,Wales ,London etc...This hotel was chosen because it was a sort of central location and because it was offering £29 rooms , we all booked about 2 months in advance.
I didn't realise it was in the middle of a sort of industrial site and there was not a local shop near by.....the picture was a bit deceiving.
The staff were wonderful, they did everything in their power to help us enjoy our stay.
The bed was a bit hard and so was my jacket potato , but most of my friends enjoyed their meals ...and they had a good selection that was reasonable priced.
I would recommend this hotel for a short stay , if you want to travel into the centre of Birmingham...a taxi cost us £6 ,some of my friends travelled by bus and said it was a bit of a mission.
All in all ....a good ,clean ,friendly hotel and I would stay there again :)

2 Thank Anne L
Hi Anne L,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you and your group had an enjoyable time meeting up and I am glad the team were so helpful.

I'm sorry you exerienced an issue at dinner, I hope the team were able to sort the problem for you at the time.

If you would like to discuss anything further please contact me directly. At Premier Inn we are proud to offer our Good Night Guarantee and I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you.

Jo Operations Manager.