“Excellent hotel!”

Premier Inn Birmingham Central East
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Such friendly staff who really make you feel welcome. They are all so friendly and cheerful which is so lovely. The room was lovely and the hotel was very quiet so no noise disturbances. Another good point is you can see your car from your hotel window, some may not worry but I like this. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: February 2014
BirminghamCE, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Central East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Birmingham Central (East). I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and felt so welcomed by our staff. They are a great team and we are very proud of them. I’m pleased you were comforted by being able to see your car, even though it is secure car parking facilities that we offer. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to being able to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Birmingham Central East

Reviewed 19 February 2014

As a regular visitor to Premier Inn hotels on business, this one did the job again and everything was as I have come to expect.

The receptionist on duty at the time was very helpful too. The only caveat I would give anyone is that if you're arriving very late you may not get a car parking space. I arrived at 10pm and got the lost parking bay. Numerous had been taken up with workmens vans double-parked.

Internet speed was good, everything was clean and well maintained. My room seemed like a mile away from reception (it wasn't a mile away, but it was still a decent walk with a suitcase even on wheels!) and whilst that wasn't an issue to me, it may be if you're less able bodied or staying with children.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Birmingham Central (East). I’m glad everything suited yourself and met your needs and expectations. I apologise for any struggles you may have experienced when locating a car parking space and that you found your room far from reception. We do encourage our guests to contact us in advance if they have any special requests or room preferences and we do our best to meet them all. We look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good location. Light glass shade broken on corner of the tea unit with shard of glass loose. Found sweet wrappers under the bed. Everyone was friendly apart from one chamber maid who huffed and puffed when I asked for extra sugar.Dining room a bit squashed when full. Otherwise it was located close
to the city centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Birmingham Central (East). I’m glad the location suited your needs being situated close to the city centre. I apologise for the issues you experienced within the room, your comments have been passed on to ensure this doesn’t happen again. We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good service from professional & friendly staff, great nights sleep and overall good value for money. The guarantee for a good nights sleep certainly was fulfilled. Particular good service at dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Birmingham Central (East). I’m very pleased you found our service professional yet friendly and most importantly that you had a good nights sleep. We look forward to being able to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've stayed in many Premier Inns in different places around the UK, and this is by far the best I've stayed in.

Upon arriving there was a protected car park with lots of spaces, no problem with finding a parking space at all. Good location, about 5minutes to star city in the car.
We were greeted as soon as we entered the front doors by two lovely members of staff. They checked us in very quickly, asked us if we were using the restaurant and breakfast and told us all the times they would be open etc.

Our room was on the second floor and overlooked the car park which wasn't a problem. The room was the biggest room I've ever had in a Premier Inn! Lots of free floor space, not crowded with furniture.

The bathroom was a normal bathroom, bath w/ shower. Very clean.
Coffee/tea making facilities as normal and a decent sized tv with freeview.
There was a heater AND a fan, and for once I could actually feel the difference when I turned the room temperature down, which was great.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as we were going out, so not sure on the quality of food but from other reviews it seems good. When we arrived back at 11:30pm we were expecting the bar to be shut as most premier inns we have stayed in shut at 11pm, but it was open till 1am which was great! Lots of seats and a gaming machine.
Check out was just as fast and the staff made sure we were 100% satisfied with our stay.

Could not fault anything about this Premier Inn. Probably the best in Birmingham by far.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely and in depth review of your stay with us here at Birmingham Central (East). It gives me great pleasure to read about and respond to a guest who had such a lovely experience whilst with us and your praise will be passed on to all departments. I’m very glad everything was to your liking and met your expectations, there really is no better endorsement than one from someone who is obviously a regular within the brand. We greatly look forward to being able to welcome you back sometime very soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived late on a Sunday eve after a long drive from Wales.... Over night stop prior to early morning flight.
Staff- super friendly, lovely meal even let me take my pudding back to my room! Quick service and clean room.... The bed is just perfect and decent tv too!
Have stated in a few hotels recently and premier inn has beaten them all hands down !!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BirminghamCE, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Central East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us here at Birmingham Central (East). I'm very glad you enjoyed your restaurant experience, we are very proud of all our staff for the level of service they provide. I'm pleased the room was to your liking and that you enjoyed one of our brand new pocket sprung beds, we are very excited about them. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights as a base for visiting Birmingham and surrounding area. Usual Premier Inn high standards of accomodation - clean & quality room, and most importantly for me in a hotel - really quiet. We had asked for a quiet room, and 209 was certainly that! We found the reception staff to be excellent - cheerful, friendly & extremely helpful. They printed off a map & walking directions for getting to the Bullring, and also recommended an excellent local Indian restaurant for us.
There is plenty of free parking available - we never had an issue with trying to find a spot. The hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the Bullring, and about 10 minutes from a couple of decent pubs (which both do food) - The Sack of Potatoes & Goshi Green.
One disapppointment (and this is nothing to do with the hotel) is that the canal which the hotel backs onto is a bit of a no-go zone. We were advised to stay off the canal path in the evening as drunks tend to congregate there, and when we tried to go for a run along the canal path one morning, it turned out to be so unwelcoming (slippery underfoot, unlit low bridges, much construction work) that we gave up - surely the local council could do a bit better.
Breakfast each morning was really good - special recommendation must go to Audrey, who went out of her way to make us feel welcome. The cooked breakfast was cooked to order & was of good quality, there were also many choices of cereal, yoghurts etc.
So why am I not giving a 5 star rating if it was so good? It was spoiled by the one evening meal that we had in the Hotel - my food was extremely disappointing, and I felt that my complaint was dealt with very unprofessionally by the duty manager. In fairness, upon checking out, Annie the Hotel manager was excellent, and refunded me part of the bill.
I would definitely stay there again if visiting the area, the location is excellent.

Room Tip: Room 209 is very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaryHodgson
BirminghamCE, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Central East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Birmingham Central (East). I’m very glad that on the whole you enjoyed your room and stay and were well looked after by our reception and breakfast team. Audrey has received special thanks for making such an impression. The canal is quite hit and miss which is why we also have other routes into the city mapped out should they be requested. I sincerely apologise for the issue you experienced in our restaurant but am glad we managed to resolve the issue upon check out. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Operation Manager