“Great Hampton, great stay!”

Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hampton, great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I recently stayed here 5 nights for work and this is definitely top of the line for the Hampton hotels. It is just a step above most that I have stayed. The breakfast is good (not amazing) but there is plenty of food and it is a nice breakfast area.

The rooms are nice and clean. I had a problem with the lights in the first room, but management was very quick to take care of it and moved me to a room right across the hall and was even offering to help move everything. They were very apologetic and I thought this was very nice that they acted so fast and it did not interrupt my stay at all!

The area is full of places to eat, so you don't need to drive anywhere. Some collegues at nearby hotels complained of noises from the pubs letting out at 3am, but at the Hampton, I didn't hear a single noise in my room!!

Great hotel and will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CarolinaGirlinParis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

stayed for 1 night everything was just great and for the price we paid you would have not been able to complain about anything , great modem hotel right on the main broad street in birmingham , great check in and out rooms were all very very clean and just refurbished highly reccomended for a great city stay , help yourself buffett style breakfast very buys on a sunday morning but again enough space for everyone to enjoy and relax . ideal spot for bars and places to eat

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emmamorris1
Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here for two nights on August 10th 2012 weekend. My partner booked it online after reading the good reviews. Check in was swift and friendly. We were handed two room keys which was handy. We were staying on the 10th floor. The lifts are excellent, a choice of four & so speedy! No stopping at floors with nobody there!

The room was a good size, very clean. A huge bed taking center stage. The television was also really big for a bedroom, with all the basic free-view channels, no Sky. The room had everything we needed including: iron, ironing board, hairdryer, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hand-soap & moisturizer. There was also all the usual teabags, coffee & hot chocolate.

The shower was fantastic, loads of space and very powerful, no messing around & the temperature stayed constant, a big plus! Lots of towels are provided.The bathroom was very clean.

The air con worked perfectly and wasn't at all noisy.

Room service came daily and changed everything for us. Best of all we had a great sleep. The pillows were so soft & the bed extremely comfortable & so roomy.

We couldn't hear any noise even though we were on Broad Street. It really is a great location, right in the heart of the street, next to O'Briens, Weatherspoons, Walkabout & the cinema. There's a Sainsburys right opposite so you can get any bits there. It's also handy for the NIA Arena.

Breakfast was included in the room rate. It's a buffet style. I've had a lot of hotel breakfasts & this is one of the better experiences. There was a choice of cereals, pastries, muffins, fruit & yogurts & then the hot food selection. Which include baked beans, sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cubes & bacon. The toaster was swift with a choice of white & brown bread. All the food was piping hot & replaced as soon as the trays got empty. It does get busy but it's spacious & there's plenty of seating, breakfast is served between 6am & 10am. Newspapers are provided to read.

I tried the gym & was very impressed. It's a good size for a hotel gym, with treadmills, cross trainers, bike, hand weights, pulley weight machines, gym balls, stretch machine etc. There was a couple of large tvs & a view whilst exercising, Water is also provided.It was nice & clean with toilets outside.

We went back to the hotel one night at 2am for a drink. the guy at the desk served us. It was pricey and we were the only ones there but it was comfortable.

I really enjoyed my stay and would happily stay again. Great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Faberbabe
Plymouth, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I have paid a lot more for a hotel that was not half as good as this one. The rooms are spacious and very well presented. Bed are comfortable and good quality pillows. No noise from next room. We were right opposite the lift had could onlt hear the occasional gust comming or going but nothing to worry us about. There are only 2 point that need improving the Breakfast is very good but the layout of the self service area is to small for a hotel of this size.On onsite parking. We parked in the side road, we were only there for a saturday night. Parking on the road is £2.60 for four hour and is only chargable from 10am till 6pm Monday to saturday. There are car parks close to the hotel. The hotel is about 100 meters from the canal and close to the NIA. Overall a top hotel. i would not hesitate in staying again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monkey20Plymouth_UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

This was the first stay here and was a surprise stay for my bf bday, reception were fantastic very polite and smiles.
Room was fantastic clean comfy and everything we needed excellent faultless.. ideal spot to go out on a night which we did and lots of bars and stuff to do.
Nice rest aswell pillows lovely and soft.. and the breakfast was self service and as much as u liked which was yummy.. enough choice and topped up well.
Parked in the fiveways multi storey 6.20 for 24hrs very good and safe.
Overall I thought this hotel was really good and would defo recommend a stay here as its very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank nad86
Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

From the moment I arrived I was greeted with welcoming smiles from the staff.
I was informed at reception my £42.00 room also included breakfast...a pleasant surprise.
The room itself was clean, tidy, roomy, nicely designed and the right temperature, (which you could change should you wish).
Despite being on busy Broad Street it was completely quiet, I got a wonderful night's sleep.
The powerful shower in the morning with toiletries was just what I needed.
The breakfast was very tasty, they had a wide selection of cooked and continental foods. It was buffet style where you could eat as much as you liked.
I had a fantastic experience staying here and will definitely book here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jojoreview
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

We booked the hotel for a 1 night stay for me and my Fiancé as we wanted to try BirminghM nightlife. Upon arrival we parked the car across the road which was £12 for 24 hours which I thought was reasonable for city centre. The arrival at the hotel was pleasant and the checking I was swift and easy. We were allocated a room on the 8th floor and the view was amazing. The only issue with the room was that the shower drain was blocked. 1 call to reception and we were moved rooms a bit further down the corridor. The hotel bar was reasonably priced £3.80 for a pint of Carlsberg and it was lovely. Rooms were adequately equipped and had everything we needed and more. Hair dryer and ironing board and iron was included which saved space in the luggage. Breakfast was unlimited and help yourself and was lovely. Would definitely stay again for £49 for double room including breakfast. The main advantage was the prime city centre location.

• Stayed August 2012