Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
3,496 results
All reviewsbroad streetcar parktennant streetthird floorself servicebarclaycard arenacorner roombreakfast was includedbrindley placethe breakfast areaair concity centresymphony hallhigh floorbars and restaurantsroom cardsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here on 15 September. We had asked for a quiet room on a high floor and we were given room 1724, which is on the top floor.

The room was a bit small but comfortable and well equipped. Reception is on the third floor and it is busy and claustrophobic. There are 4 lifts, which doesn't seem enough when you are waiting a couple of minutes at a time to be able to get into a lift that is not already full.

The fire alarm went off at 5am. Being on the top floor, we were anxious to get downstairs. The alarm, however, kept turning off, waiting a couple of minutes and then starting again. We then waited outside on Broad Street along with everyone else. Some were in pyjamas and it was cold. The Fire Brigade arrived at 5.40am. At about 6.10am, we were told that we could return to the hotel but would not be able to use the lifts. Nobody had spoken to us or kept us advised of anything until then.

We walked up to the 17th floor. Just after we had got to our room, the fire alarm went off again, but it stopped a minute or so later. We decided not to leave our room.

When we checked out, I asked for a refund. We we told that the man on reception did not have the authority to agree that. There is a sign in reception that says they do not expect you to pay if things are not clean comfortable for you. Apparently, standing outside in the cold for over an hour with no information or support does not qualify as "uncomfortable."

I asked if there had actually been a fire. I was told that the fire brigade had been called. I asked again and was told that the alarm was caused by someone smoking a cigarette. I question that: If it is true, then surely the fire alarm what room the "fire" was in, so why did we have to wait outside for over an hour? Also, why did the alarm go off again after we re-entered the hotel?

We did not stay for breakfast.

Room Tip: You do get some good views from the rooms on the high floors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 nights for my training in Birmingham. The check-in process took a bit time as the hotel was really busy crowded by businessmen. The staffs were polite and professional. The room we got is new, modern and clean with very comfy bed. The breakfast is complementary but good for everything you need to keep your day going. The area of hotel is great for people who loves nightlife and good dining. If you plan to shop at the Bullring, it is a bit far by walks. My room was opposite to the hotels lifts but we didn't hear any noise. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and definitely stay again myself!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I had a graduation ceremony back in July i came with former course friends and tutors, I felt welcome straight away. Later in the evening I enjoyed a few celebratory wine at the bar and the bar staff where very polite!. The rooms where clean and bright and the bed was so comfy possibly the one of the best nights sleep Ive had only hard part of stay was leaving the bed for breakfast ( which was also spot on and plenty of choices ) Keep up the good work !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I arrived at the hotel mid afternoon, I walked out the lift and there was quite a large que to check in, there was four receptionist on the desk, so the que soon went down.
I was greeted by a young lady very politley, as my room was paid for check was very quick and efficant.
Our room was on the 17th floor with an amazing view, the room was comfortable and modern.
We went back down to reception, we ended up asking the receptionist (lucy or lisa??) where to go and not to go, she seemed to genuinley care about our well being and told us the best ad safest places to go which was very nice to experience in such a fast paced establishment.
We had a wonderful time at the hampton by hilton and we will definatly be coming back next time we are in Birmingham.
TIP - Go for breakfast early as it can get quite busy.
The staff are a credit to the hotel :)

Room Tip: High floor corner rooms are the best 1723 was mine
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pennylane27
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Great hotel but Broad Street is nothing but bars and teenagers queuing to get sloshed outside them. Hotel rooms are lovely. Breakfast is awful. Not even real coffee. Fine if you want to arrive slim and leave obese.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back far from the screaming drunks.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family