“Great value for money”

Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Florence, Italy
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I spent 3 days in Birmingham on a business trip and chose this hotel basing on the location. The area is really nice (Brindleyplace is recommended!), just outside the inner city centre, but close to the main points of interest. Hotel staff was really nice and helpful and we particularly appreciated reception desk staff, always smiling and making you feel like home (this is not essential, but it's really important if you spend 90% of your time abroad!).
Rooms and facilities were really good, new and clean (from an high floor you can enjoy an amazing view, above all at night!) and breakfast was rather good. I'm not giving the highest rate only because the wifi connection did not work properly (poor connection quality) during my stay. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everybody!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Chris B, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear Irene_85,

Thank you! Not only for the glowing recommendation, but also the positive comments regarding our reception team, they really do work hard and it’s great to hear them getting a mention!

Many Thanks Again

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

6 of us stayed here for a trip to the 02 Academy to see Ben Howard. I found the deal on hotelopia, which was £44 per room, with 3 Adults sharing and breakfast included. Compared to the Travelodge on Broad Street which is ranked one of the lowest hotels it was the same price.

Hotel has only recently been built (May 2012), it was clean, modern and fitted our bill. Rooms were big enough with 3 adults in and good facilities. One of the members of our group even tried the gym, though basic fitted her needs.

Check in was smooth, we arrived a little later than planned (about 5pm) so didn't need to wait. We did have to wait for the lifts, which being such a large hotel could possibly do with a few more. When we got to our room we had a note to say that as it was a busy night to try and avoid breakfast at peak time (9-10). We did go down to breakfast just after 9, it was busy, but we managed to find a seat. Breakfast was good, and as it was included in the price of £44 per room we really couldn't fault it.

Location is superb, not to fair from the Christmas market and shops and perfect for anyone who wants a night out. We did get woken up at about 4am when people arrived back from their nights out, and did witness a few walks of shame the following morning. But this is to be expected when you are so close to the clubs on broad street.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a central hotel, if you are looking for a romantic break away it probably isn't for you.

Room Tip: Probably worth trying to avoid "rush hour of getting rooms" at 2pm
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it’s great to hear you enjoyed your visit!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed here for just one night for work. It is a really nice business style hotel with really lovely clean large rooms with views. The location is excellent and we walked everywhere as no need for taxis.The bar and food were excellent (I had tea and breakfast). I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mrs Williams,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Managed to get a great deal of £46 for a Saturday night. It was well worth the money. The room was modern, clean, comfortable and had all the basics you need. Wifi and breakfast were also included. Noticed another review mentioned thin nets and no curtains. There were blinds behind the nets which when down were pretty much blackout. The hotel is at the end of busy broad street but we heard no noise at all from the 9th floor. If I'm being super picky the only faults I could find were: super busy lifts in peak times (we used the stairs so no big deal), small towels and they don't have twin rooms which is what we'd booked. The bed was big enough for friends to share though. I would definitely stay here again. Especially if I could get the same deal.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

We’re delighted you enjoyed your visit, however I'm sorry you didn't get the twin room you booked, although we will not have twin bedded rooms (two single beds) until the New Year, we do have rooms with comfortable double sofa beds in them and so you should have been allocated one of these rooms, so please accept my apologies for any inconvenience

Thanks again for the review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Rugby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed for one night while on a night out in Birmingham.
Nice room, friendly staff. I did not make it up for the breakfast !
Great location, perfect for a short stay. Close to all the bars and City Centre.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, we do indeed enjoy a fantastic location for all the best bars and restaurants that Birmingham has to offer!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one Friday night to meet friends and visit the German market with my partner.

The hotel is a fantastic location and perfect for nights out or shopping trip. On arrival the carpark is quite hard to find but eventually we found the car park at the back of the hotel and we soon found our way into the hotel via the lift.

Reception were very friendly and check in was easy, we were on floor 16 so had brilliant views of the city. The room was lovely and clean, spacious and very pleasant indeed !

I would quite happily stay at this hotel again and would book here before looking at any other hotel in Birmingham, we had a very pleasent stay !!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Jo4nne,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, as ive mentioned before its great to hear about our guests having such an enjoyable stay with us!

Many thanks again!

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here with a few of my friends last weekend. The Hotel is in a great location, very close to the Christmas Market and Fair, also loads of bars and restaurants around...

The rooms were very nice, comfortable beds, clean and look like they have been refurbushed recently.

The issues we had were: Check in is the same for everyone, for some reason reception is on the 3rd floor, so we had to leave our bags get some food and get back, by the time we'd got back there was a massive queue to check in, and only 2-3 people doing this. Check in was fairly straight forward once it was finally our turn.

There was a bit of noise at night, but we did see the security guys keeping order, this is to be expected though as lots of young people and groups of maybe stags and hens were there at the time.

Breakfast was carnage!!! They don't give you a specific time so everyone tried to go as and when... There is a small ish room with mirrored aisles of exactly the same food. When we went down, there was no toast, the egg looked like it had been there a while, and again there was no organization whatsoever, people were just oushing in etc.

We had to ask some of the girls if more toast would be coming soon and they were far from friendly...one of my friends got told by Cristina (Spanish waitress) to get out of the way in a very rude manner.

There were not enough sits for everyone so people were on top of each other trying to eat.

So it is good, rooms are amazing, but i would try and get breakfast somewhere else.

Also if anyone in management is reading this, I would kindly suggest they have a word with the Spanish employees. Two of them (one of them Cristina who had been rude to a couple of my friends already) were chatting away in Spanish, moaning about another member of the team who wasn't there. I get they probably thought no one would understand, but there are loads of Spanish people around (like myself) so they should be more careful, as this looks incredibly unprofessional in what was already a more than chaotic morning for us!

Room Tip: Try and go high to get a good view :)
Dear Paloma1981,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, please accept my apologies that breakfast was so chaotic, as I’ve mentioned in previous responses, the Sunday breakfast in question was certainly an anomaly, where a majority of our 500+ guests attended breakfast simultaneously, which did indeed cause queuing and also some service issues, and for that I am sincerely sorry

I was very disturbed to read your comments regarding Cristina, and again please accept my apologies, Cristina has been a trusted and skilled member of the team since we opened the hotel, and I can only say that this is extremely out of character, I fear the events of the day may have got the better of her on this occasion, but never the less I will address this internally

Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion but do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future