“Excellent one night stay.”

Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Well appointed room very clean and comfortable (809). Very good choice for breakfast but would help if a table was allocated to you when you arrived in restaurant. Apart from that an excellent choice close to all nightlife but we found it very quiet indeed. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank JohnK391
There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Nice clean rooms and comfortable and nice bathroom cosy for two. I arrived late and very wet but no room service. As a single female traveller I went to bar for food choice poor , food was cold and uninteresting ok if you like burgers curry or lasagne! The breakfast was good help your self and good choice. Staff were mardy and not overly helpful. Close to the convention centre and overall value for money. Lots of places close by to eat. I personally would not choose to stay there when I visit Birmingham again on business.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Wow! Just back from a one night stay at the Hampton by Hilton... stayed in room 907. Our room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable with excellent facilities. The ensuite facilities were of the highest quality with a contemporary walk-in shower and beautifull Villery & Boch sink set in marble! The complimentary breakfast was amazing so much to choose from and soooo unexpected .. thought it would be just Continental style, but full English available too! We would definitely recommend this hotel and when we visit Birmingham in the future we wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms will be of the same high standard .. we stayed on the 9th floor and didn't h...
1  Thank Billbong
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for the weekend of January 12th; we stayed in a room on the 7th floor. We used the hotel car-park which is reached from the road at the back of the hotel, running parallel with broad street. it was £10 per day, although facing the hotel car-park entrance there is a local car-park which i believe may be cheaper.

Our check in was quick and easy and the staff were very polite and helpful. We had a double room which although it was fairly small contained all that was needed and was modern in decoration. The room was clean and contained the usual tea, towels, toiletries etc. However, the room already contained an iron and ironing board which was useful. Our room was a corner room that faced onto broad street, and although there was noise at times I wouldn't class it as an unusual amount of noise or too disturbing. As mentioned in previous reviews the hotel is very secure with the key card required to gain access of a night time, I also noticed that when we returned to the hotel on the Saturday night the front desk was manned, so if there was any problems with entry I suppose they would help. On the Sunday we attended breakfast around 10:00; the breakfast is a self help buffet. I found it helpful how the buffet area was sectioned for different areas food,toast,drink, cereal etc so that people were able to move around the area easier. There was plenty of food and it was all warm and we found a table quite easily. When we came to check out we enquired if we could keep our car in their car-park for a little longer as we wanted to spend a little more time in the city, the staff told us that this was no problem.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a great location to use as a base for spending time in the city.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Great position on Broad Street. Close to all the bars. Rooms were nice and the breakfast was good quite a lot of choice although it was very busy and struggled to find somewhere to sit at first. It is also very secure we came in late at the doors are locked you can only gain access with your room card you also need this for the lifts.

Room Tip: Ask for a triple room they are bigger you get a double bed and a sofa bed
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed here with my daughter and two grandchildren. The staff were very helpful everything was clean and breakfast was great. I was not happy about paying for parking however.

Overall clean, good staff and a very nice breakfast with everything within walking distance of the hotel. I would definitely use them again at the right price.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are higher up. There is no pool I clicked on the wrong one
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 11travel
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Part of me wants to up my rating and yet when past reviewers pointed out simple shortcomings the management could so easily fix it feels almost a deliberate lack of interest in paying guests, so I'll leave it.
The much commented on queue at Reception greeted us as we left the lift from the car park. It isn't so much the waiting as the small, crowded area & the lack of interest by receptionists or management on duty. One leaves her desk, no one replaces her and, although we agreed it was probably a much needed bathroom break, it didn't make us feel better in the crowded, orderless space as the lift dropped more wet guests into the chaos. And yes they still have someone with a clipboard standing around asking questions but not offering suggestions!
We asked for a quiet room which translated as 'twin' on booking form (!) so I ventured to ask the silent receptionist - 'You have a quiet room' was the reply. Well we had a room well adapted for the disabled on the 16th floor (How does one escape quickly in a wheelchair from there?) and it would have been quiet as it was tucked into the end of the corridor; however it had the fan assisted airconditioner - mentioned by others- which refused to turn off. Yes I did ring Reception, apologies if you were in the queue. They quickly told me to press the green button & I quickly hung up thinking of that queue. I pressed every button possible, to no avail... So the noise continued through the night.
For those who might be disabled and travelling alone the fact that the sliding door stuck when closed and needed lifting to reopen would be a real issue.
Reasons to stay: The hotel is newly refurbished, the cleaners smiling and the greeting by the staff at breakfast on Saturday which was full of charm, however there was only one such in evidence on Sunday and the streamlined clearing and tidying of the previous day was gone.

Room Tip: Certainly higher and to the rear.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple